OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I actually just got over a bad sinus infection like 2 weeks ago but have had a bad dry cough ever since. I also assume mine is related to the nasal drip but now that you mention it a humidifier might be a good thing for me to try.

Haven't been able to sleep through the night in a while.

Dry cough is the worst.

I've had my share, it was so bad i had to sit on my bed and try to control it until 5 or 6 am and then fell asleep for few hours. Usually manageable before noon, tickling starts at around 3- 4 pm and then it gets really intense, 5 or 6 days in a row. I stop talking for 2-3 days and just take small sips of water one after another, chain drinking. Forget all the cute herb remedies and everything, this is beyond that.

Hope you get better soon.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Also, I'm legally bound to inform you Strong Bad answered one of my emails.
giphy.gif

Reactions: EverettMike

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Dry cough is the worst.

I've had my share, it was so bad i had to sit on my bed and try to control it until 5 or 6 am and then fell asleep for few hours. Usually manageable before noon, tickling starts at around 3- 4 pm and then it gets really intense, 5 or 6 days in a row. I stop talking for 2-3 days and just take small sips of water one after another, chain drinking. Forget all the cute herb remedies and everything, this is beyond that.

Hope you get better soon.

Thanks.

Yea I've been trying to keep talking to a minimum because that definitely aggravates it. My wife has almost kicked me out of bed a few times since I end up waking her up with it. Tried cough drops and Dayquil and all those cough suppressant stuff but nothing has worked. If it continues for much longer may just have to visit the Dr.

I'll definitely try drinking some more water appreciate that suggestion.

Are you running a fan in the room? The lady complains of her eyes drying out if the fan is on anything but a snails pace and facing away from her.

I've got a fan running which may be part of the problem. I have bad Tinnitus so that's really the only thing that lets me sleep.

Might just have to aim it some other direction for a bit.

Last edited:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I actually just got over a bad sinus infection like 2 weeks ago but have had a bad dry cough ever since. I also assume mine is related to the nasal drip but now that you mention it a humidifier might be a good thing for me to try.

Haven't been able to sleep through the night in a while.

It's totally miserable. I hear you on the not sleeping through thing.

Are you running a fan in the room? The lady complains of her eyes drying out if the fan is on anything but a snails pace and facing away from her.

I have the ceiling fan going. I usually sleep with a window open but couldn't do that last night. Maybe I'll try shutting the ceiling fan off.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Thanks.

Yea I've been trying to keep talking to a minimum because that definitely aggravates it. My wife has almost kicked me out of bed a few times since I end up waking her up with it. Tried cough drops and Dayquil and all those cough suppressant stuff but nothing has worked. If it continues for much longer may just have to visit the Dr.

I've got a fan running which may be part of the problem. I have bad Tinnitus so that's really the only thing that lets me sleep.

i used to sleep with a fan for noise, then I upgraded to a white nose machine. Then I upgraded again to this and I love it. It plays pink noise when I’m asleep and wakes me up with a gradual sunrise alarm and switches to ocean waves. So many options for sounds.

Better Sleep for Everyone | Hatch

they also have a model for babies and kiddos that just has the noise options and different colors. White noise for babies and you can set the clock to turn a color at a certain time - ie, don’t wake up mom and dad until the green light comes on. I buy it as a baby gift often.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Thanks.

Can't emphasize enough how much constant drinking of water helps me, tiny sips all day long.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
i used to sleep with a fan for noise, then I upgraded to a white nose machine. Then I upgraded again to this and I love it. It plays pink noise when I’m asleep and wakes me up with a gradual sunrise alarm and switches to ocean waves. So many options for sounds.

Better Sleep for Everyone | Hatch

they also have a model for babies and kiddos that just has the noise options and different colors. White noise for babies and you can set the clock to turn a color at a certain time - ie, don’t wake up mom and dad until the green light comes on. I buy it as a baby gift often.

We're still running our window a/c. Seems crazy, but its a hard habit to break.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
We're still running our window a/c. Seems crazy, but its a hard habit to break.

I just stopped last week.

If I could sleep with a window AC and flannel sheets in the dead of winter I would. Nothing like sleeping to the hum and temperature control of the AC!

Reactions: sarge88

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Thanks.

See the doctor.

When I got really sick last year, they diagnosed me with bronchitis and gave me Tessalon capsules (benzonnatate) to help with my cough which was deep and would wake me up out of a sound sleep.

1 100mg capsule would last me 8 hours and I was able to ditch the cough in a few days.

They wanted me to do Tylenol cough syrup w/ codeine and I said not a chance.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Power just went out again. Sigh

Mine's been out since 4 AM. The National Grid website has no estimate when it's coming back. Lucky my brother has a generator and I was watching the game at his place anyway.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Mine's been out since 4 AM. The National Grid website has no estimate when it's coming back. Lucky my brother has a generator and I was watching the game at his place anyway.
Mine came back at 4:30am and was fine and then poof. Eversource is clearly overwhelmed bc when I checked the status the number of impacted houses went from 470 to 130.

I guess I’ll go to a bar to watch the game

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Came back to find this post to thank you. Got the nighttime version for a nagging pain in my hip (inflammation) I get while sleeping. Works pretty good! Thanks!

Absolutely....it's real good!

And for cold and congestion.....olbas oil...rub it on your neck/chest it's better than vicks and the heat lasts for hours....

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I need to get some to help with the lingering pain from my leg injury. I work from home so I don't care if I smell like menthol and eucalyptus

olbas oil for colds/congestion, but it heats you up better than vicks and would be great for something like that....pretty strong smell, but not unpleasant

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
My sympathies for everyone in MA, including the Missus who is dealing with the cleanup. A couple of months ago my son decided that we needed to take a trip. So we booked our timeshare for a week in Hilton head. The Missus has clients that she can't miss so she's coming on Thursday. Meanwhile me and my son spent the weekend in DC and watched the Eagles vs. the All Blacks (what a performance), and got to HHI on Sunday night. We were on a sunset sail last night. I almost feel bad. ;)

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
In the pre-YouTube days, we’d get together on Friday nights to play GameCube, eat Chinese food, and watch the latest HSR video.

The good old days.

I'm glad that both of them went on to better things and are now doing cartoons for big companies.

But I sure do miss homestarrunner.com weekly content.

I am grateful they do keep it alive a bit with the new youtube channel and their Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad