OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
My hands have started to ache when the barometric pressure changes....35+ years of data entry will do that to you ....
It is amazing how something so simple as typing can cause major problems later down the line.

I carry salonpas in my purse at all times now in case I get a flair up b/c I can't pop motrin like candy. I don't care if I smell like menthol lol

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
It is amazing how something so simple as typing can cause major problems later down the line.

I carry salonpas in my purse at all times now in case I get a flair up b/c I can't pop motrin like candy. I don't care if I smell like menthol lol

Try JointFlex ...it's the best OTC cream I have found, and with shoulder, elbow, hand,ankle, and 5 knee surgeries, I have tried them all (available at CVS, Walmart)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
66806E7B-27E2-4B46-B235-885143CCBA22.jpeg

your Sunday update

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Gun safety is everyone's responsibility, period.

If you are handling a firearm it is your responsibility. The #1 rule is assume every firearm is loaded and #2 is don't point it at anything you don't want to destroy.

First thing anyone should do when handed any firearm is visibly confirm it is not loaded by looking in the chamber.

And yes it is easy for even someone with no firearms experience to tell the difference between a blank and a live round. A blank has no bullet on the end, live rounds do.
f y
He may not have been the most negligent but he absolutely was negligent and partly responsible for the event

I wish I could like this post 1,000,000 times. Excellent post.

I've been around firearms all my life, first my father taught me & my sister and then I took classes for my pistol permit. From the beginning it has been about using the weapon safely first, last and always.

The #1 rule is the weapon is loaded until you check it personally to see that it isn't. And if you don't know how to check it, leave it alone & find someone who does. #2 don't ever point a firearm at anyone/anything you don't intend to shoot at, not even as a "joke".

This incident may have been the result of poor instruction, poor learning or a combination of both. It does not relieve anyone of responsibility for their actions.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
It’s a movie set. Do you think all the actors who handle guns know the difference between a real gun, fake gun, live round or a slug?

They actually have people on set who’s job it is to take care of those things for them.

I’m not sure why you can’t see the difference between being a gun owner and an actor on a movie set.

How is someone without a clue about guns going to be able to look at it and know what the deal is?

Your last sentence is why you should always treat a firearm as being real & loaded otherwise you could end up in Alec Baldwin's place.

This is the best advice I could ever give to anyone unfamiliar with firearms.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
many, many years ago I had a ‘72 Lincoln Continental.
460 4 barrel.
No joke I got about 8 to 10 miles a gallon.
What a boat.
But that car saved my life. I had the green light crossing from Allston to Cambridge the Coke factory .
A guy in a Toyota ran the redlight on Storrow.
T boned me doing 60.
He went through the his windshield. Dead.
The passenger side door of my Lincoln was pressed against my right thigh. Frame broken into a “V”.
I walked away. crazy.
crazy story, I believe it, my grandfather had a Cadillac, biggest thing I ever was in. When he passed my dad brought it back to his place and I drove it maybe 3 times and not because my father didn`t like me driving it but at that time I was driving a Dodge Omni, not much bigger than a Cracker Jack box and the Caddie simply scared the hell out of me, couldn`t park the thing, had trouble navigating corners etc...

Reactions: Gee Wally

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
There is no place for live ammunition on a b movie film set. Or any film set for that manner. That is not normal in any sense at all and someone is going to fess up eventually IMO. Unfortunate for the death and harm that has come by this but something is not normal and it will come out eventually.

Reactions: CDJ and BMC

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

toria13

Sep 18, 2019
Sports equipment is so expensive!

I was repairing my little brother's football gloves today (giant tear down one of the finger seams) and I warned my parents that my fix (literally just hand sewing) wouldn't hold up very well to wear and tear of catching a football and they should probably replace them and my dad told me a new pair costs $65 :eek:

Reactions: BMC

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
There is no place for live ammunition on a b movie film set. Or any film set for that manner. That is not normal in any sense at all and someone is going to fess up eventually IMO. Unfortunate for the death and harm that has come by this but something is not normal and it will come out eventually.

From what I understand from a friend of mine who is "in the business", blanks are referred to as "live rounds" and those are used on set all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad