OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
those old gas guzzlers are absolute classics

many, many years ago I had a ‘72 Lincoln Continental.
460 4 barrel.
No joke I got about 8 to 10 miles a gallon.
What a boat.
But that car saved my life. I had the green light crossing from Allston to Cambridge the Coke factory .
A guy in a Toyota ran the redlight on Storrow.
T boned me doing 60.
He went through the his windshield. Dead.
The passenger side door of my Lincoln was pressed against my right thigh. Frame broken into a “V”.
I walked away. crazy.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
460 4 barrel.
What a boat.
But that car saved my life. I had the green light crossing from Allston to Cambridge the Coke factory .
T boned me doing 60.
The passenger side door of my Lincoln was pressed against my right thigh. Frame broken into a “V”.
I walked away. crazy.

Wow!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
460 4 barrel.
What a boat.
T boned me doing 60.
I walked away. crazy.
o_O :confused:

They truly do not make them like they used to. Which is good in some ways but not in others.

My dad had a Pinto. Yes, one of THOSE Pintos. He got t-boned by a drunk driver on a snowy winter morning on his way to work.

Cop said he was lucky to survive, much less walk away. The car did not survive.

After that he bought a mustard yellow Plymouth Fury tank. :laugh: That car was indestructible. Ugly, but functional.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Okay, computer people.

I need a new laptop. Windows, with Office installed.

I don't do gaming. Would probably watch movies/videos/hockey on it sometimes.

Need recommendations for something reasonably priced. I don't particularly care about the brand.

Help? :)

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Okay, computer people.

Need recommendations for something reasonably priced. I don't particularly care about the brand.

www.newegg.com

Don't spend too much. You don't need a lot of processing power for your Work/Office/Browser apps.
Might want to hold on and get a win11 laptop so you don't have to worry about upgrading and can start fresh with the brand new Operating System without all the hassle.
Its the Holidays starting next week. LOOK and WAIT for deals. See something you want? JUMP on it.

Electronics will not be plentiful this season as factories have not gotten back to pre-pandemic operating levels. So early bird will get the worm. But be wise about it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Okay, computer people.

I got an HP laptop last year. It has Windows and Office (I bought a license when I purchased my laptop) and it also is touch screen which I really didn't want. My only complaint is that it is a little heavy if you have to carry it around all the time or travel with it.

I bought this one (it is sold out on HP.com):

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-pavilion-15-cs3096nr

Edit: Those are the exact specs I have. I use it to make GDT's, do my homework and watch youtube and other streaming services. I also use it for work when I have to when I visit my family.

I paid under $800 and I got the 3 year plus accident and liquid damage warranty

Buy your laptop in the store if possible. HP was a nightmare last year and actually lost the original laptop I bought and this was the closest to what I had built.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Okay, computer people.

OMG you've been reading my mind, I need something similar for myself! O_O

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Okay, computer people.

I have great experiences with Acer PCs. My work PC is going on 6 years old and still works great. I replaced the HDD with an SSD and boosted the ram from 8 to 16 but other than that it's stock. In that time I've had coworkers go through multiple HPs & Dells. But I'm also good/kind to my PCs.

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
The fact is, nobody has determined that. They have prop people who handle the props, did he get handed a gun with a real bullet? Was the gun faulty?

It’s a movie set, not Chicago.

Gun safety is everyone's responsibility, period.

If you are handling a firearm it is your responsibility. The #1 rule is assume every firearm is loaded and #2 is don't point it at anything you don't want to destroy.

First thing anyone should do when handed any firearm is visibly confirm it is not loaded by looking in the chamber.

And yes it is easy for even someone with no firearms experience to tell the difference between a blank and a live round. A blank has no bullet on the end, live rounds do.

He may not have been the most negligent but he absolutely was negligent and partly responsible for the event

Reactions: BMC

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
o_O :confused:

They truly do not make them like they used to. Which is good in some ways but not in others.

My dad had a Pinto. Yes, one of THOSE Pintos. He got t-boned by a drunk driver on a snowy winter morning on his way to work.

Cop said he was lucky to survive, much less walk away. The car did not survive.

After that he bought a mustard yellow Plymouth Fury tank. :laugh: That car was indestructible. Ugly, but functional.

I think some of the old Furies looked good, still do, 1970 for instance.

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
Gun safety is everyone's responsibility, period. If you are handling a firearm it is your responsibility. The #1 rule is assume every firearm is loaded and #2 is don't point it at anything you don't want to destroy. First thing anyone should do when handed any firearm is visibly confirm it is not loaded by looking in the chamber. And yes it is easy for even someone with no firearms experience to tell the difference between a blank and a live round. A blank has no bullet on the end, live rounds do. He may not have been the most negligent but he absolutely was negligent and partly responsible for the event
:rolleyes: Please come back to reality. You have absolutely no idea how film sets work.

White House delays release of JFK assassination records, citing COVID-19 pandemic (msn.com)

I don't understand how the these two things are related.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
:rolleyes: Please come back to reality. You have absolutely no idea how film sets work.

White House delays release of JFK assassination records, citing COVID-19 pandemic (msn.com)

I don't understand how the these two things are related.

No but I know how gun safety works.

It doesn't matter what anyone who hands you a gun says about it. You always confirm things visually yourself before handling it. Period.

It's this type of nonchalant attitude that makes accidental shootings possible.

Especially when that exact firearm was handed to another actor on set accidentally with live rounds only a few days prior!

Reactions: Tonysil and BMC

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
No but I know how gun safety works.

It doesn't matter what anyone who hands you a gun says about it. You always confirm things visually yourself before handling it. Period.

It's this type of nonchalant attitude that makes accidental shootings possible.

It’s a movie set. Do you think all the actors who handle guns know the difference between a real gun, fake gun, live round or a slug?

They actually have people on set who’s job it is to take care of those things for them.

I’m not sure why you can’t see the difference between being a gun owner and an actor on a movie set.

How is someone without a clue about guns going to be able to look at it and know what the deal is?

Reactions: Barnum

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It’s a movie set. Do you think all the actors who handle guns know the difference between a real gun, fake gun, live round or a slug?

They actually have people on set who’s job it is to take care of those things for them.

I’m not sure why you can’t see the difference between being a gun owner and an actor on a movie set.

How is someone without a clue about guns going to be able to look at it and know what the deal is?

They should have basic knowledge if they're going to handle any firearm

Once again, firearm safety is everyone's responsibility, with the one firing it having the most.

To repeat... Especially on a set where an actor was mistakenly handed a loaded firearm DAYS BEFORE this incident.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
They should have basic knowledge if they're going to handle any firearm

Once again, firearm safety is everyone's responsibility, with the one firing it having the most.

To repeat... Especially on a set where an actor was mistakenly handed a loaded firearm DAYS BEFORE this incident.

Accidents happen even with basic knowledge. hell - we see accidents with people who are licensed ‘experts’.

it seems to me the person who was supposed to have knowledge was putting people in harms way.

Howard Stern had an actress (forget her name) talk about having never touched a gun but needed to for a role. They showed her on set how to fire and what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad