OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It wouldn't be the week of Halloween without a massive Nor'easter.

giphy.gif

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Try JointFlex ...it's the best OTC cream I have found, and with shoulder, elbow, hand,ankle, and 5 knee surgeries, I have tried them all (available at CVS, Walmart)
Came back to find this post to thank you. Got the nighttime version for a nagging pain in my hip (inflammation) I get while sleeping. Works pretty good! Thanks!

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Came back to find this post to thank you. Got the nighttime version for a nagging pain in my hip (inflammation) I get while sleeping. Works pretty good! Thanks!
I need to get some to help with the lingering pain from my leg injury. I work from home so I don't care if I smell like menthol and eucalyptus

bb74

Thanks for Everything Bill
Sep 24, 2003
Cuttyhunk
From what I understand from a friend of mine who is "in the business", blanks are referred to as "live rounds" and those are used on set all the time.

Semantics. "Live" in my definition is a lead slug in front of the wadding and powder.... I understand blanks can maim / kill as well and I think that should be at the discretion of the set teams.

I just don't understand how anyone can or would bring (my definition) of "live" rounds to a film. They should never be there - simple as that.

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
My hands have started to ache when the barometric pressure changes....35+ years of data entry will do that to you ....
I have arthritis in my hips and SI joints. Also the base of my thumbs. Someday I will need hip replacements.

Last Jan I got a shot into my SI joint and it did help for awhile. It doesn't work for everyone but it helped me. You can only do it every 6 months. I think it is time to make another appointment.

Reactions: sooshii

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I have been waking up several times a night with a tickle in my throat. It's driving me nuts. I noticed it really started when I stopped using my air conditioner, so I'm wondering if the AC was pumping some moisture into the room. I have a small humidifier on my nightstand and will try that, but any other ideas? I assume it's allergies/post-nasal drip related.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
many, many years ago I had a ‘72 Lincoln Continental.
460 4 barrel.
No joke I got about 8 to 10 miles a gallon.

What a boat.
But that car saved my life. I had the green light crossing from Allston to Cambridge the Coke factory .
A guy in a Toyota ran the redlight on Storrow.
T boned me doing 60.
He went through the his windshield. Dead.
The passenger side door of my Lincoln was pressed against my right thigh. Frame broken into a “V”.
I walked away. crazy.

Sadly, considering the size/weight/year, 10 isn't really all that bad either. I love the old Lincolns, especially the ones with suicide doors. Some day...

I hope you were knocked out cold (feels weird to say that) and don't remember much of it. That's gotta be a pretty jarring wreck, something that isn't easily forgotten.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I have been waking up several times a night with a tickle in my throat. It's driving me nuts. I noticed it really started when I stopped using my air conditioner, so I'm wondering if the AC was pumping some moisture into the room. I have a small humidifier on my nightstand and will try that, but any other ideas? I assume it's allergies/post-nasal drip related.

Are you running a fan in the room? The lady complains of her eyes drying out if the fan is on anything but a snails pace and facing away from her.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
I always have this problem when I run the heat so I run a humidifier while I sleep. My problem is the dry air at night. I don't have any other allergies but this problem is consistent every time it gets cold for me.

Not saying that's your problem too, but it certainly sounds like it. The AC probably keeps a good moisture level in your room that's now gone.

Reactions: Kate08

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Could be a combo of it being just a touch too dry on top of allergies/post nasal drip.

I'd keep up the humidifier and also try taking flonase at night to see if that helps. Get the sensitive nose one to lessen the chance of nose bleeds.

I got a humidity sensor off of Amazon last year to help me regulate the humidity and it worked out well,

Ragweed is brutal right now so you may be sensitive to it now that your ac isn't filtering out pollen and all of that.

Reactions: Kate08

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I always have this problem when I run the heat so I run a humidifier while I sleep. My problem is the dry air at night. I don't have any other allergies but this problem is consistent every time it gets cold for me.

Not saying that's your problem too, but it certainly sounds like it. The AC probably keeps a good moisture level in your room that's now gone.

Yes, I run two in my apartment all day once I take the ACs out of the windows. It gets very dry in there very quickly otherwise.

Reactions: Bocephus86

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

I actually just got over a bad sinus infection like 2 weeks ago but have had a bad dry cough ever since. I also assume mine is related to the nasal drip but now that you mention it a humidifier might be a good thing for me to try.

Haven't been able to sleep through the night in a while.

Reactions: BMC and Kate08
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad