OT - NO POLITICS Trick or Treat, Foliage, and possibly Snow Oh NO!!!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
pretty sure angrymilkcrates post was about giving Baldwin the benefit of the doubt. I responded to it asking why because hes a celeb when if he was just some dude we wouldnt be doing it.

fact remains hes at fault.

fact is nobody right now knows what happened. We will as soon as investigation is complete.
Until then opinion doesnt equal fact.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
pretty sure angrymilkcrates post was about giving Baldwin the benefit of the doubt. I responded to it asking why because hes a celeb when if he was just some dude we wouldnt be doing it.

fact remains hes at fault.

The fact is, nobody has determined that. They have prop people who handle the props, did he get handed a gun with a real bullet? Was the gun faulty?

It’s a movie set, not Chicago.

Reactions: Alicat and Ladyfan

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I am no movie expert but I see plenty of guns being shot in movies and unless those are GCI guns, I always assumed they were some sort of gun with a blank inside. So when one is shooting while being filmed, who the F know where the bullet would have gone because everyone thought it was a blank.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Apparently I now have neighbors who feel it is their duty to blast their stereo bass at maximum levels so the entire building can feel it.

3o9bJX4O9ShW1L32eY.gif

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Apparently I now have neighbors who feel it is their duty to blast their stereo bass at maximum levels so the entire building can feel it.

View attachment 473325
Welcome to my world. Had to actually tell one of them to turn it down a few weeks ago after I missed 10 minutes of a training because I couldn't hear it.

Instead of his apartment he likes to park across 2 spots and blast his music while smoking a joint.

He still smokes but he hasn't blasted his music since then.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Man idc were he was. How hard is it to follow? There are rules when handling a firearm no matter were u are. Geebuzs. Blanks can also do damage.
He was told it was a cold gun by the assistant producer.

This was a terrible accident. Alec Baldwin most certainly didn't mean to kill her and injure the director.

In MY opinion, I think someone on the crew held a grudge against her as she was apparently vocal about using union workers and expressed concerns about some conditions on set.

Let the facts come out before convicting the guy and stop thinking you know what happened because you "know how to use a gun"

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Warrant: Baldwin didn’t know weapon contained live round - The Boston Globe

SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Alec Baldwin was handed a loaded weapon by an assistant director who indicated it was safe to use in the moments before the actor fatally shot a cinematographer, court records released Friday show.
The assistant director did not know the prop gun was loaded with live rounds, according to a search warrant filed in a Santa Fe court.
Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was shot in the chest on the set of a Western starring Baldwin. Director Joel Souza was wounded. The records said he was standing behind her.
The warrant was obtained Friday so that investigators could document the scene at the ranch where the shooting took place. It notes that Baldwin’s blood-stained costume for the film “Rust” was taken as evidence, as was the weapon that was fired.

Investigators also seized other prop guns and ammunition that were being for the film starring Baldwin.

Guns used in making movies are sometimes real weapons that can fire either bullets or blanks, which are gunpowder charges that produce a flash and a bang but no deadly projectile. However, even blanks can eject hot gases and paper or plastic wadding from the barrel that can be lethal at close range. That proved to be the case in the death of an actor in 1984.
In another on-set accident in 1993, the actor Brandon Lee was killed after a bullet was left in a prop gun, and similar shootings have occurred involving stage weapons that were loaded with live rounds.
Gun-safety protocol on sets in the United States has improved since then, said Steven Hall, a veteran director of photography in Britain. But he said one of the riskiest positions to be in is behind the camera because that person is in the line of fire in scenes where an actor appears to point a gun at the audience.

Reactions: Alicat
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad