Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Umm, Brent Sopel once lost a fight with a cookie.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Umm, Brent Sopel once lost a fight with a cookie.
Who among us hasn't lost a round or 2 with a cookie?

But besides that, what is it about Zegras that make over-the-hill nobodies feel like they have to commit assault? What are they trying to prove?

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Who among us hasn't lost a round or 2 with a cookie?

But besides that, what is it about Zegras that make over-the-hill nobodies feel like they have to commit assault? What are they trying to prove?
I'm telling you, he's generational at being an annoying little shit. Throw in that he also seems to be goodhearted and well-liked in the room? 1st ballot HOF shit-talker.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm telling you, he's generational at being an annoying little shit. Throw in that he also seems to be goodhearted and well-liked in the room? 1st ballot HOF shit-talker.
My favorite part is he literally isn’t doing anything right now…. Not even signed a contract and still got random nobody tilted

• Haha
Reactions: duckaroosky

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Stumbled upon this video about Zegras from Des in some podcast. It was posted 8 months ago.

Thanks for posting that.

Interesting comment in there about Zegras working on the things he wants to . . . Will be interesting to see what impact Cronin has.

That video and story make me even more bummed they traded Des.

Reactions: 70sSanO and Kalv
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Thanks for posting that.

Interesting comment in there about Zegras working on the things he wants to . . . Will be interesting to see what impact Cronin has.

That video and story make me even more bummed they traded Des.
The takeaway from that to me was that they talked to him about coming in and putting in extra work and then he did it, didn't give anyone a hard time about it, and was still doing it even after Des left.

All Mighty

Sep 20, 2014
California
allmightyhockeytalk.com
Soooo, should we be worried about Z and Terry still not having signed contracts?
Not really. We can start worrying about Terry if he still hasn’t signed a day or two before his arbitration date (August 2). For Zegras (and Drysdale), it would only be concerning if they aren’t signed by the start of training camp in September.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Not really. We can start worrying about Terry if he still hasn’t signed a day or two before his arbitration date (August 2). For Zegras (and Drysdale), it would only be concerning if they aren’t signed by the start of training camp in September.
Sorry, I should have clarified my line of thinking a bit more.

I know for Terry it's the arbitration date in a general respect. Sometimes you see players signing super quickly. In this case, I'm more wondering about the mindset of both and Verbeek's position.

- Does Verbeek want to play hardball to get exactly what he has in mind? Does he want to sign them for less or more years than the players prefer? Does he want to pay them less than market value?

- Where are Terry's and Z's heads here? Do they want to be in Anaheim long term? Do they think they might eventually want to go elsewhere? If so, are they then asking for higher amounts, less term, etc.?

I know we don't have actual answers here, but this delay in signing has me a bit concerned.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Terry will be signed by the end of next week IMO. Be very surprising if he wasn’t. Hoping for a 7 year deal in the 7-7.5 AAV range.

I also think Drysdale will be signed relatively soon(prior to mid-August)

I definitely see Zegras lingering so buckle up there. Hope I’m wrong but I think it goes into September

Reactions: TheGoodShepard1

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I really believe that there's a deal in place with Z, Terry, and Drysdale, but Pat is doing his due diligence and trying to move Gibson and doesn't want to get it on ink and paper until that is done.

Moving Gibby has huge implications both on the ice and on our cap space.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad