Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
At this point I hope its not him.. But thats his account..
It very clearly isn't lmao, anyone can put their name as Trevor Zegras on Instagram, it's the actual handle that is the unique identifier and Zegras' account isn't @jerseyducks it's @TrevorZegras, the real Zegras doesn't even have Trevor Zegras as his display name it's just "Z"

edit: it's TikTok not insta but my point still stands as @Gliff showed

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Verbeek is not going to have any leverage during negotiations. Z and Terry, along with the recent signings:

1688240758239.gif

No way Z or Terry should settle for anything less than 9 million now.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Verbeek is not going to have any leverage during negotiations. Z and Terry, along with the recent signings:

View attachment 724899

There is absolutely no way Zegras gets 9m a year. There is not a single player in the NHL 23 and under that is getting paid 9m a year. The youngest player getting paid 9m a year is Makar who is a top 5 NHL player.

The cap hasn't really gone up, and Zegras is not head and shoulders above any of his peers of a similar age.

Zegras will slot into the high 7's based on comparables, or maybe an 8 flat if Anaheim is feeling very generous.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
There is absolutely no way Zegras gets 9m a year. There is not a single player in the NHL 23 and under that is getting paid 9m a year. The youngest player getting paid 9m a year is Makar who is a top 5 NHL player.

The cap hasn't really gone up, and Zegras is not head and shoulders above any of his peers of a similar age.

Zegras will slot into the high 7's based on comparables, or maybe an 8 flat if Anaheim is feeling very generous.
Then he’s going to force that bridge deal and we will kick the can down the road only to deal with this in 2 years where we end up paying closer to 10 million, with maybe even a holdout situation if we are still a terrible team. Two years from now he is gonna say, “you gave grandpa Killorn 6+ and he’s an 4rth line player now, and that psychopath bottom pair dman on who doesn’t even play (LTIR)4 million, so I deserve at least 10.”

Reactions: ff8

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Then he’s going to force that bridge deal and we will kick the can down the road only to deal with this in 2 years where we end up paying closer to 10 million, with maybe even a holdout situation if we are still a terrible team. Two years from now he is gonna say, “you gave grandpa Killorn 6+ and he’s an 4rth line player now, and that psychopath bottom pair dman on who doesn’t even play (LTIR)4 million, so I deserve at least 10.”
He doesn't have a leg to stand on based on what comparable players have signed in the last 12 months.

Zegras has had flashy plays no doubt, but he's had a fair few growing pains and it's still up in the air if he can be a centre at the NHL level.

Like I said, not a single player under the age of 23 is getting paid a 9m AAV at this point.

Anaheim could sign McDavid for 1m a year and you'd complain about it.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

View attachment 724899

View attachment 724899

This is quite clearly ericnut, ducksgo, or some other poster who has been banned second account. Z and Terry are not getting 9 million, the world will not end with Gudas’ 3 year deal. Children will not die because Killorn got 4 years. Live, laugh, love folks. Both Z and T will get solid deals with solid terms.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Ive only had one account and name here for over 25 years….so I’m an OG Hockeysfuture member.

Z should be getting less than 8, and I value him much less… but I have my doubts that he will be dumb enough to sign long term unless it’s close to or over 9. This guy is very confident and would bet on himself for a bigger payday.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Ive only had one account and name here for over 25 years….so I’m an OG Hockeysfuture member.

Z should be getting less than 8, and I value him much less… but I have my doubts that he will be dumb enough to sign long term unless it’s close to or over 9. This guy is very confident and would bet on himself for a bigger payday.

I think their numbers should hover around 7, 9 is asinine.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
I think their numbers should hover around 7, 9 is asinine.
I’ve stated that… 7+ for a short extension or bridge deal. 9+ if you want to attempt to lock him up with term, which I doubt Verbeek would commit to. He’s not dumb enough to sign for around 7 for 8 years to be stuck on a shitty team with no protection. He’s going with a bridge deal and pulling a Tkachuk after 2 years… get paid in a state with less taxes and/or going to top tier team, bigger fan base, and well run organization to win.

Bleak

Jul 8, 2009
Calgary, Alberta, CA
I’ve stated that… 7+ for a short extension or bridge deal. 9+ if you want to attempt to lock him up with term, which I doubt Verbeek would commit to. He’s not dumb enough to sign for around 7 for 8 years to be stuck on a shitty team with no protection. He’s going with a bridge deal and pulling a Tkachuk after 2 years… get paid in a state with less taxes and/or going to top tier team, bigger fan base, and well run organization to win.
Short extension (2-3yrs) is like 5-6m territory. Anything more than that he is going to have to give us more term. It's just the way it works around the league.

Also, we dont know the locker room situation. Maybe these guys are arm chair GMs too and know that they have to be paid fairly if they want a legitimate chance at a cup (or multiple!). Also you made a pretty big assumption saying he is going to bridge and pull a Tkachuk. I would say our situation is much different than Calgary's. I think players are starting to realize that there is something special being built here

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU

Multi quote is wonky on Mobile for me, but just read the post above. Your numbers are way off. Bridge deal won’t cost $7M and the scenario you’re painting is out of mighty ducks 4 not reality. Drink some water, figure it out, lock in bro.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Multi quote is wonky on Mobile for me, but just read the post above. Your numbers are way off. Bridge deal won’t cost $7M and rh scenario your painting is out of mighty ducks 4 not reality. Drink some water, figure it out, lock in bro.
Yeah, players and agents understand the difference between UFAs and RFAs. If Trevor's actual, drop-dead ask is north of $70M then he can hit the road.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Listening to this Gibby podcast and what do you know, Gibby also says he gives Zegras a lot of credit for his work ethic. Says he works to improve his game a lot – just as Eakins said it. Not that it will stop some people to say he has poor work ethic but oh well :laugh:

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Days must fly by having such a shining, happy, optimistic outlook.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

I kind of get where Sopel is coming from a little bit, but the end sentence of him... kicking kids out if they show skill, lol.

Anyway, check the comments, Zegras is already in there :laugh:

Reactions: Leonardo87

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

I kind of get where Sopel is coming from a little bit, but the end sentence of him... kicking kids out if they show skill, lol.

Anyway, check the comments, Zegras is already in there :laugh:

Always fun seeing these guys who played with Patrick Kane threatening to come after younger guys who were directly inspired by him. I don't understand it and I guess I never will.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad