Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I know his production was essentially flat this year in worse circumstances, which is arguably evidence for improvement, to me Z took a clear step back this year. He was a passenger in a lot of games and he didn't leave the safety of the perimeter much except on the rush. I didn't see a lack of effort from him at all but I don't think he had much of an idea of how to handle himself this year.

Hopefully with a mental refresh and a coaching reset he can take a leap forward next year.
I wonder how much of that was him trying to improve on the D side doing what Eakins wanted. I'd say what you described was kind of common throughout the whole team.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I’ve stopped reading that Zegras thread in the main forum. I get drawn back to it from likes I receive with one of my posts there.

Wish the thread would just sink to the abyss of that forum.

• Haha
Reactions: branmuffin17

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I’ve stopped reading that Zegras thread in the main forum. I get drawn back to it from likes I receive with one of my posts there.

Wish the thread would just sink to the abyss of that forum.
I have found that there’s little said after the first page that isn’t already covered on the subject. I seldom read any thread past page 1. Try it sometime. ;)

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
When do people think we are going to sign Z up to a new contract? Seems like something you want to get done as a priority

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
There were rumours we liked Broberg a lot. Imagine where we'd be with Broberg instead of Z. Yikes.

I remember GM Murray saying they were looking for a center in the 2019 draft. We almost came away with two centers if Vegas didn't draft Krebs at 17th overall. We kept the late first and second round picks, which became LW Tracey and LD/RD LaCombe.

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
This makes me nervous about what Zegras will now demand
If anything it reassures me personally, that Z could come in at 8 mil or less. Caufield and Z in my opinion, are comparable talents, and if anything Caufield has been more impressive in the NHL so far. Caufield was on pace for 46 goals, twice as much as Z’s 23 goals on the season. Caufield had more goals in half the games as Z. Obviously Z has the edge in play making but both will be offensive dynamos. I’m still of the opinion Z will clock in at 7.5-8.25 if he signs for 8 years.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Caufield getting a bumper contract having basically missed 1/3rd of possible NHL games in his first two seasons, not bad.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Bratt signs today for 8 x 7.875

With all of these signings and given where Zegras is compared to a lot of them, I dont see him getting over 8mil.

Im going to guess 8x7.75

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Bratt signs today for 8 x 7.875

With all of these signings and given where Zegras is compared to a lot of them, I dont see him getting over 8mil.

Im going to guess 8x7.75
Bratt had 100 points in 185 games at the end of his ELC, with seasons of 35, 33, and 32 points. . Zegras has 139 in 180, with seasons of 13 (in 24 GP), 61, and 65 points. These guys are not comparables at this point of their respective careers.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bratt had 100 points in 185 games at the end of his ELC, with seasons of 35, 33, and 32 points. . Zegras has 139 in 180, with seasons of 13 (in 24 GP), 61, and 65 points. These guys are not comparables at this point of their respective careers.

Imagine if the Ducks were good and with depth?

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
They’re not really comparable but I don’t think that all goes in Zegras’ favour. Bratt’s deal covers only 1 RFA year and 7 UFA years while any deal Zegras signs would cover 5 RFA years if it’s that long. You can make a case he should probably get less on an 8 year length, to be honest, although I don’t know if I would.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
They’re not really comparable but I don’t think that all goes in Zegras’ favour. Bratt’s deal covers only 1 RFA year and 7 UFA years while any deal Zegras signs would cover 5 RFA years if it’s that long. You can make a case he should probably get less on an 8 year length, to be honest, although I don’t know if I would.
The counterpoint is that Zegras was producing in his 2nd and 3rd year what took Bratt until his 5th. Bratt turns 25 next month, Zegras turned 22 3 months ago. Zegras at 8 years takes him through his prime, Bratt will be getting paid into his early 30’s when his production will be falling off, and thus is much more likely to be a “bad contract” by the end of it.

Bratt is the comp for Terry, not Zegras.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
LOL, anytime I see this thread bumped. I think he may have signed, or there is news that they are close.
haha I was affraid n whe was an incident after he spoke with Cronin as they both are apparently talking in one of the days now :laugh: Their relationship will be interesting to see. I support Cronins wish to make Zegras a better 2-way player, but I have no idea of his actions to do so. A lot of things can go wrong. I trust Zegras will be fine, he's really dedicated, but you never know, especially a long offseason makes you think about it more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad