Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Tongue is king.

Tongue-action GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

F'ing great movie!

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I missed a good part of the last game, (along with bits and pieces of other games) but overall seems Z has tempered himself a bit over the last couple weeks, pretty much after that last penalty where he was yapping the ref and got benched again?

I also think getting asked about his benching on national TV for the next few games cemented a change was needed. Once was okay, learned from it. But when it's being asked for the next games (because different telecasts like Hulu/ESPN, TNT,...), even I think it was a psychological pounding.

Reactions: snowave
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I also think getting asked about his benching on national TV for the next few games cemented a change was needed. Once was okay, learned from it. But when it's being asked for the next games (because different telecasts like Hulu/ESPN, TNT,...), even I think it was a psychological pounding.
It was overkill for sure and he handled it just fine. Despite his reputation on these dumb niche boards he seems pretty humble.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
It was overkill for sure and he handled it just fine. Despite his reputation on these dumb niche boards he seems pretty humble.
For a kid in his 20s, he seems to have a lot of self awareness. At that same age, i was an absolute :eek::eek::eek::eek: in comparison

Wow. didn't know Cats UnderNeath Trees was censored. The corporations have taken over

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Z’s production is starting to get cold. Not sure if it’s an individual or team issue thing or both. Even the 7 point game felt him and Mac should have put up multi-points. The dream of 70 for him and 50 for Mac with 11 games left is starting to look grim. Oh well .

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I mean...Kariya had 108 points in his first full season and followed that up with an even better one so it's a bit of a stretch to put them together.

But still. Z is the most exciting young player we've had in a long time.

Him putting up back to back 60 point seasons on a very bad ducks team is a very good sign. The Getzlaf road (in regards to production) seems more realistic. But the team has to improve around him, and need to execute a better PP.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Love this kid. I think hes a very talented player. But he has a lot of growing up to do.. He let's his anger and frustration get to him to much. Hopefully this off-season he builds that character up.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Love this kid. I think hes a very talented player. But he has a lot of growing up to do.. He let's his anger and frustration get to him to much. Hopefully this off-season he builds that character up.
I'm sure at least part of that comes from this team being ass. He wants to win and compete. Sure he can and will mature a bit but part of his antics is who he is – a really competitive guy with some built-in trolling features :laugh:
As Burkie told about Chris Pronger (but for different reasons, obviously): if you're playing on the edge, you're gonna cross it once in a while.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
I'm sure at least part of that comes from this team being ass. He wants to win and compete. Sure he can and will mature a bit but part of his antics is who he is – a really competitive guy with some built-in trolling features :laugh:
As Burkie told about Chris Pronger (but for different reasons, obviously): if you're playing on the edge, you're gonna cross it once in a while.
Thats true I guess..

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
a good season, but still a long, long ways to go.

I was expecting more points than this, but this team is so bad, i'm willing to write it off and am not worried about it. It was pretty obvious months ago that he wasn't going to hit 70.

Reactions: Kalv and Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
a good season, but still a long, long ways to go.

I was expecting more points than this, but this team is so bad, i'm willing to write it off and am not worried about it. It was pretty obvious months ago that he wasn't going to hit 70.

It's a shame the season is over tomorrow..... well not really a shame, but for Z's case he is starting to heat up again with 5 points in 5 games, that injury set him back.

But for him to hit 64 points on this team, with such a poorly executed PP, and lack of a roster, really good sign once we get a better team around him,

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

I understand this sentiment, but my counter is how many more litmus tests are we as a fan base going to need to experience? We thought things would turn when we shed the post-Stanley Cup dirty Ducks label and it didn't happen. We thought it might happen if Teemu and Getzy stopped complaining to the officials and it didn't. We thought the tide might turn when Perry was bought out and skipped town and it didn't. We thought change would come when we pivoted to having a more skilled group and it didn't; if anything, it seems to have worsened.

I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong (since I've said he does need to tone down things a bit multiple times) and I'm a conspiracy theorist by nature, but it's hard to look at this team consistently being down at the bottom of the league in penalty and PIM differential and not think that it's a systemic issue that's going to remain regardless of who the personnel is. It definitely puts more onus on Z to round it out a bit (and I think he will as he ages and there's a better team around him), but at this point, we're just gonna have to grin and bear it.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm really hoping as the team starts to do better this becomes less common. I can imagine the frustration is boiling over in a lot of these penalties. Not that it excuses him.

Reactions: lwvs84
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I understand this sentiment, but my counter is how many more litmus tests are we as a fan base going to need to experience? We thought things would turn when we shed the post-Stanley Cup dirty Ducks label and it didn't happen. We thought it might happen if Teemu and Getzy stopped complaining to the officials and it didn't. We thought the tide might turn when Perry was bought out and skipped town and it didn't. We thought change would come when we pivoted to having a more skilled group and it didn't; if anything, it seems to have worsened.

I'm not saying that you're entirely wrong (since I've said he does need to tone down things a bit multiple times) and I'm a conspiracy theorist by nature, but it's hard to look at this team consistently being down at the bottom of the league in penalty and PIM differential and not think that it's a systemic issue that's going to remain regardless of who the personnel is. It definitely puts more onus on Z to round it out a bit (and I think he will as he ages and there's a better team around him), but at this point, we're just gonna have to grin and bear it.
As I've said. Z cleaning up his act will make no meaningful difference. 16 years, the refs have been taking that same pound of flesh. Guess what? It's not us. It's them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad