Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Yeah fellas , let’s not get more into this . They have moved on , so should we.

They’ve locked the main thread so really don’t want to get into more assumptions of what he said or not.

If new info with legit sources come out, by all means post it.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017
Yeah fellas , let’s not get more into this . They have moved on , so should we.

They’ve locked the main thread so really don’t want to get into more assumptions of what he said or not.

If new info with legit sources come out, by all means post it.

Jomboy actually has legit credibility among the amateur lip readers and actual sources, so I don’t mind the traction. Of course because it is Jomboy and it’s not related to baseball, he couldn’t be bothered to react to this for two weeks after it had already died down

Reactions: FiveHoleTickler

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jomboy actually has legit credibility among the amateur lip readers and actual sources, so I don’t mind the traction. Of course because it is Jomboy and it’s not related to baseball, he couldn’t be bothered to react to this for two weeks after it had already died down
It’s all good man. I just don’t want to see things start opening up and start throwing accusations at him again. It really sucked seeing Z’s name dragged through the mud a couple of weeks ago .

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Actual sources of what? Lips?

edit - I laughed out loud at this video because, after very confidently saying Stecher is pissed about Zegras's comment about Stecher's wife, and Stecher going around saying "my wife" to everyone, the guy reveals that Stecher doesn't have a wife. It's great comic timing, if, I guess, inadvertent.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
It’s all good man. I just don’t want to see things start opening up and start throwing accusations at him again. It really sucked seeing Z’s name dragged through the mud a couple of weeks ago .
The video does bring some new information about the situation and Jomboy steers clear of dragging Z's name through the mud so it makes sense to me at least for someone to post it.

Jomboy makes a living of breaking down altercations like this and I think he's pretty good at it while also being entertaining.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits.
Nov 26, 2017

edit - I laughed out loud at this video because, after very confidently saying Stecher is pissed about Zegras's comment about Stecher's wife, and Stecher going around saying "my wife" to everyone, the guy reveals that Stecher doesn't have a wife. It's great comic timing, if, I guess, inadvertent.

As @FiveHoleTickler said, this is how Jomboy makes his living and he has been verified through past instances of baseball arguments (which to be fair are much easier to analyze than hockey, where something is always going on) by legit media guys. Not a very good explanation, I know.

Your edit add-on made me laugh as well, I noticed that in the comments. So the guy doesn't have a wife... so is the insinuation that he was catfished Manti-Teo style?

At any rate, I'm with @Leonardo87 and am completely willing to move past this, though I would tell you as a mod not to be surprised if someone finds this and makes another main board thread about it that you have to deal with.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018

I didn't notice it at the time, but as the video points out after Stecher complained to the refs he went over to Strome and Klingberg to complain to them about it too. Hilarious.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
I know Jomboy figures this stuff out to the best of his ability based mostly on context clues and I agree with him that Zegras probably made a comment about his wife, but it should be noted that even expert lip readers have an accuracy of from what I can gather 30% the rest is based on context clues like Jomboy uses, the average non-expert lip reader apparently has a 10-15% accuracy when lip reading with no context.

Reactions: Arthuros

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
I would agree with Jomboy that if it's just some "I'm gonna bang your wife" shit, that seems like pretty standard jawing, to the point where it probably wouldn't have been memorable if not for Stecher's reaction.

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
I would agree with Jomboy that if it's just some "I'm gonna bang your wife" shit, that seems like pretty standard jawing, to the point where it probably wouldn't have been memorable if not for Stecher's reaction.
I think the cuck comment (if Jomboy's guess is right) is what sent Stecher over the edge. If true, that makes his reaction even funnier to me. Dude must have some thin skin to lose it like that over a kink.

• Haha
Reactions: Arthuros

Lord Flashheart

Squadron Commander
Jul 21, 2011
Leipzig/Zg

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

"Troy Stecher wants everybody to know that Trevor Zegras did not say anything about his deceased father during the players’ well publicized dust-up on Jan. 28 in Anaheim."

Thanks for sharing! Z still needs to be careful. Got another 2 min misconduct yesterday for mouthing off to the ref. Should let the vets do that. Yeah the refs have been brutal as of late but don’t let a young kid get on the bad sides of the refs and the league early in his career.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town

"Troy Stecher wants everybody to know that Trevor Zegras did not say anything about his deceased father during the players’ well publicized dust-up on Jan. 28 in Anaheim."
These days, I feel like even a direct statement from Stecher isn't enough to quash these discussions without mod intervention.

They'd probably say that the Yotes told him to say that.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai

No it was about his imaginary wife.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
DE05AABC-74DE-49BF-ABB9-7E057D8D8D9A.gif

What’s the ceiling for this kid? If he had a better team around him, would he be at a PPG now?

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
View attachment 661610

What’s the ceiling for this kid? If he had a better team around him, would he be at a PPG now?
Tough to say, still has a lot to improve to become a legit superstar but if he improved even a little bit he’d be good for an average of ppg on a moderately good team. Offensively I see him being like Nylander worst case, but hopefully ends up better

Reactions: Leonardo87

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad