Player Discussion Trevor Zegras : Part III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Idk I’m a bit worried. He’s not as dangerous as last season and looks frustrated at times. Probably just growing pains on a terrible team though

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Idk I’m a bit worried. He’s not as dangerous as last season and looks frustrated at times. Probably just growing pains on a terrible team though

He’s had some really good games but also some very bad ones. Probably why Verbeek is calling out his inconsistency. As the team gets better around him, he will improve. He is only 21 yo and is already producing like a Top line forward. You can see the glimmers of him able to drive and take over a game. But it’s very hard on this team roster with this coaching.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He has had an increased responsibility as well. Still ways to go, but he will become more well-rounded and dangerous with time, and with added team depth. Right now opponent's strategy can be just ''stop Terry and Zegras, sit back and relax''.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Sophomore season slump
I would say it would be a slump if the situation between last year and this year were the same. But with us acknowledging that his responsibilities this year are greater, and also that we know this current team is significantly worse than last, this is akin to a person picking up a 100lb stone, then trying to pick up a 500lb stone and saying "wow he lost strength he can't pick the 2nd stone up."

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think Z in particular is being hampered by a D that can’t really break the puck out for transition. Also I’ve said it before but it doesn’t look like he’s any stronger this year compared to last.

Reactions: Trojans86

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
I would say it would be a slump if the situation between last year and this year were the same. But with us acknowledging that his responsibilities this year are greater, and also that we know this current team is significantly worse than last, this is akin to a person picking up a 100lb stone, then trying to pick up a 500lb stone and saying "wow he lost strength he can't pick the 2nd stone up."
Touché

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think he's having an ok season, there is still a lot of adjustment for him, and obviously he will need to get much stronger, but he's adapting to playing tough minutes.

Btw, this season from the 2019 draft class he is only 5th in points. There are some players having sneaky good years.

Attachments

• 1671972313702.png
    1671972313702.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 9

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think he's having an ok season, there is still a lot of adjustment for him, and obviously he will need to get much stronger, but he's adapting to playing tough minutes.

Btw, this season from the 2019 draft class he is only 5th in points. There are some players having sneaky good years.

I don’t think Z is having a sophomore slump, the team overall is not as good compared to last season, even Terry’s numbers are down a little. Both these guys need a couple of multi-point games and will be back on track. Hopefully the PP can continue to improve. That will certainly help.

Seider though is really having a sophomore slump. His team has improved and yet his production is down. Also, watching him this season in a few games he is not as good as last season.

Reactions: Kalv

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I don’t think Z is having a sophomore slump, the team overall is not as good compared to last season, even Terry’s numbers are down a little. Both these guys need a couple of multi-point games and will be back on track. Hopefully the PP can continue to improve. That will certainly help.

Seider though is really having a sophomore slump. His team has improved and yet his production is down. Also, watching him this season in a few games he is not as good as last season.
I think Zegras is slumping. His confidence appears to be down, he’s playing tentatively, and in his last 7 games he has 1 game with 3 shots, 1 game with 2 shots, 2 games with 1 shot…and 3 games with 0 shots.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I think Zegras is slumping. His confidence appears to be down, he’s playing tentatively, and in his last 7 games he has 1 game with 3 shots, 1 game with 2 shots, 2 games with 1 shot…and 3 games with 0 shots.

Yeah you are probably right. You see the flashes like those nice set ups he has but then disappears. His skill set and support should be pacing around 70+ points. He still continues to make those poor passing decisions which leads to defensive issues.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I just think he will end up as a wing.

He looks like he could be a first line winger (constantly dangerous with less defensive responsibility) , but to me just does not have all the tools for a center. And if he ends up here, he will not be as good as we need him to be to be a SC contender.

Frosted Tips

Zeglaf baby!
Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
I don't want to judge too early whether he's capable of holding the center position in the NHL but he really seems to force stupid plays/passes now and his options seem limited partly due to facing harder matchups this year. I'm still intrigued to see where these struggles lead to after this year. Weather he'll be able to climb over them or something else. I really hope he doesn't completely lose his attitude and spirit because he can be thoroughly entertaining as well as effective. He could still be that at 2C or wing if it comes to that. I agree that his confidence has likely taken a big hit this year compared to last.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalv

DuckDuckGetz

Nov 20, 2017
I just think he will end up as a wing.

He looks like he could be a first line winger (constantly dangerous with less defensive responsibility) , but to me just does not have all the tools for a center. And if he ends up here, he will not be as good as we need him to be to be a SC contender.

If anything he’s been better defensively than offensively as of late.

I’m not worried about him. We have one halfway decent line right now, so other teams’ top defensemen and defensive forwards are practically completely rested when they match up against him and Terry. And it’s compounded when most of his shift is spent playing defense.

He’s always going to make mistakes but on a functioning team he’d make 100 passes and 20 of them would be bad. Right now we have enough offensive zone time that he makes 50 passes and 20 of them are bad lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad