Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Personally, I hope everything is OK with Travis' family and he can take care of what he needs to.

Professionally, I'm not going to lose sleep with him moving on. IMO, he isn't a top pairing defensmem. He makes too many boneheaded mistakes that #1s/2s just don't make. It baffles me that the only player he matches up well against Malkin, while guys like Joel Ward make him look like a Novice B skater. Unfortunately we probably won't get value back because he's got us by the balls. On the bright side, we might get so see one of our 347 stud defensemen from Bridgeport. I really don't think we miss a beat without him....as long as Zhidlicky & Strait stay below their average ice time.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Personally, I hope everything is OK with Travis' family and he can take care of what he needs to.

Professionally, I'm not going to lose sleep with him moving on. IMO, he isn't a top pairing defensmem. He makes too many boneheaded mistakes that #1s/2s just don't make. It baffles me that the only player he matches up well against Malkin, while guys like Joel Ward make him look like a Novice B skater. Unfortunately we probably won't get value back because he's got us by the balls. On the bright side, we might get so see one of our 347 stud defensemen from Bridgeport. I really don't think we miss a beat without him....as long as Zhidlicky & Strait stay below their average ice time.

Unfortunately, this probably bumps strait up to the second pairing. He's that good in crappy's eyes.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Hamonic is a good defensemen and with that contract Snow should not be trading Hammer for anything less than a similar player back. It isn't like he is some great first pairing defensemen though.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Unfortunately, this probably bumps strait up to the second pairing. He's that good in crappy's eyes.

I assume that Capuano had knowledge of this so it's even more inexcusable that Pulock and Mayfield have yet to play one single NHL game while he rides Strait like Secretariat.

INEXCUSABLE!

scott99

May 13, 2005
It sounds like he is having serious family troubles.. But you wish ill will on the man because he's a really good player and he's leaving your favorite hockey team. Sounds like someone may need to get their priorities in order.

If that's the case, and it's a medical issue, then yes, I feel for him. But I would think that the medical care in NY would be much better than in Western Canada. That being said, my apologies to anyone I offended, I had the day from hell, and just saw this an hour ago, I MIGHT have overreacted :shakehead. Still angry though.

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Seriously, this came out of nowhere to completely screw up my whole night. Hammer has built up enough respect to not question his motives to be closer to home so I can't be mad at him. It's going to be a net minus no matter what kind of deal Snow gets for him.

That's what makes it so hard. I have so much respect for him. It would have been so much easier if he was a ********* about it.

Been away from my family for two weeks for work. Found out that a big project at work today was being held up for 3 days by a problem I caused. Then I get into huge financial ******** with the wife and then this happened...

Alone in a hotel with a bottle of cheap scotch. You guys are all I have lol.

teknics

@islesblogger/@faithfulisles
Apr 7, 2007
East End
www.theislesfaithful.com
It's a shame some folks can't see past the fact that the guy is human, with a life outside hockey. Am I upset as a fan this came out now? Sure, I have a headache because it always seems like "something" for us as a fanbase, but the reactions here are a little out there.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
I remember an islander star. Even more of a star than Hamonic, an NHL all star named Pat Lafontaine
Getting traded. He was not going to be on the team anymore. Let's leave it at that.
We did great. Got pierre turgeon . He was a mega offensive star for us. Better than Lafontaine
For a few years IMO. Then we trade him for Muller. Also got Benoit Hogue who was great for us. I don't have to tell the other pieces. A trade is out there somewhere.

If he has to go ,he has to go. Let's see our GM Earn his pay.
The HF fans know what we need.

Tessio ( godfather ). " I hope Mike gets us a good deal ". ( substitute Garth)

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Edmonton has nothing I want. McDavid and Hall are not available so no use in discussing it.
I agree with you but I wouldnt consider Eberle crap. But him for Hamonic straight up, is a big easy no.
Eberle + Klefbom or Nurse for Hamonic is maybe not that bad, but I still don't like it.

What about Hamonic + Strome for Trouba + Ehlers. Makes sense?

What a shocking News! Was not expecting that at all!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm having 2 nightmares playout

In three years EDM winning a Stanley cup with a Reinhart-Hamonic pairing

And Strait taking Hamonics minutes.

I know everyone's wants a dman back but if we can get a Hammer comparable forward I'd gladly take that.

Just insert Pelech Mayfield and Pulock and lets role.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
That's what makes it so hard. I have so much respect for him. It would have been so much easier if he was a ********* about it.

Been away from my family for two weeks for work. Found out that a big project at work today was being held up for 3 days by a problem I caused. Then I get into huge financial ******** with the wife and then this happened...

Also fitting you have clutterbuck on your page. Ninos exit was a joke
Have a drink and relax. Work will get better. The wife ? Let me just say we all married the same woman and live in the same house and have the same problems. Keep your spirits up

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015

Man that Sucks, cheap scotch is the worst!

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I agree with you but I wouldnt consider Eberle crap. But him for Hamonic straight up, is a big easy no.
Eberle + Klefbom or Nurse for Hamonic is maybe not that bad, but I still don't like it.

What about Hamonic + Strome for Trouba + Ehlers. Makes sense?

What a shocking News! Was not expecting that at all!

I wouldn't mind adding Strome or Okposo to a Hamonic deal, would be able to get a very good forward, and a good defenseman in exchange.

RNH + Nurse for Hamonic + Strome

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Jeez this isn't good. The chances of us getting back something of equal value now just went to poop.

Snow has his work cut out for him.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I'm having 2 nightmares playout

In three years EDM winning a Stanley cup with a Reinhart-Hamonic pairing

And Strait taking Hamonics minutes.

I know everyone's wants a dman back but if we can get a Hammer comparable forward I'd gladly take that.

Just insert Pelech Mayfield and Pulock and lets role.

You're crazy if you think Jack Capu******* will play the kids

StumpNYI

Sep 10, 2010
Also fitting you have clutterbuck on your page. Ninos exit was a joke
Have a drink and relax. Work will get better. The wife ? Let me just say we all married the same woman and live in the same house and have the same problems. Keep your spirits up

Oh you had to bring up the Nino trade didn't you? Lol thanks man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad