Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I'm sorta baffled about this because it would really be great for Winnipeg on several levels. Trouba COULD be as good as Hamonic, but Hammer is an immediate upgrade. They sell a million jerseys and he's almost guaranteed to finish his career there.

Unless I'm misreading things? How good is Trouba right now? I assume his upside is better than Hamonic if they'd be hesitant about that.

Winnipeg fan checking the discussion here - Trouba hasn't started out the year that well but many feel that it's the pairing with Mark Stuart that's making him look bad (I don't really buy that). I think his decision making is a bit off but he's pretty young and defensemen tend to take a bit longer to develop.

Trouba for Hamonic would come down to how Jets mgmt feels about his upside going forward, but also how they feel the team is set up to compete over the next few seasons. If Buff goes, the right side has Myers and Hamonic for the next 3 or 4 years.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
You wonder if this just turns into a monster and we see KO moved along with him now

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
No team is going to make a lateral move. That just adds risk. It will be interesting to see how Snow deals with this.

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
Winnipeg fan checking the discussion here - Trouba hasn't started out the year that well but many feel that it's the pairing with Mark Stuart that's making him look bad (I don't really buy that). I think his decision making is a bit off but he's pretty young and defensemen tend to take a bit longer to develop.

Trouba for Hamonic would come down to how Jets mgmt feels about his upside going forward, but also how they feel the team is set up to compete over the next few seasons. If Buff goes, the right side has Myers and Hamonic for the next 3 or 4 years.

The way your season is going you WANT Harmonic - cant believe the trade didnt happen yet!

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
What do we want for hammer?

A comparable winger? Hall? Landeskog ? Idk. My brain is a mess right now.

The Okposo and Hammer for Ladd and Trouba is Gross.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
I wonder if this is a chance to move Grabo's salary in order to sign both KO and Franz?

Trouba and a 1st rd pick

for

Grabo and Hammer

GirardIsStupid

Dec 15, 2002
Visit site
What about Tyson Barrie for Travis Harmonic straight up? Surprised that hasn't already come up yet. Colorado is pretty near Western Canada anyway.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Just want to prepare everyone for a huge let down. Becuse this has been made public snow will move him quickly and settle on less than he wants.

Wierd that hammer will address his teamates. I would have thought they knew. I love Hammer and I hope everythkng is ok. I'm depressed right now.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
What do we want for hammer?

A comparable winger? Hall? Landeskog ? Idk. My brain is a mess right now.

The Okposo and Hammer for Ladd and Trouba is Gross.

Trouba hasn't been the same since his rookie year, but it's better than Myers :help:

I just really can't imagine trading our best defenseman for someone like Tyler Myers right now.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Just want to prepare everyone for a huge let down. Becuse this has been made public snow will move him quickly and settle on less than he wants.

Wierd that hammer will address his teamates. I would have thought they knew. I love Hammer and I hope everythkng is ok. I'm depressed right now.

We're going to lose no matter what, Hamonic is a major part of the core on and off the ice.

I'd be happy with Trouba if Garth can swing it, let Hammer return home rather than 'closer to home'. I'm getting really tired of Edmonton fans with the whole Eberle thing. I think it's well known how little I think of him. They have nothing I want within reason. Not interested in their crap.

19NYSports91

Feb 1, 2012
Long Island
This really put me in a mad mood, and I'm really pissed off. My favorite player, and in my opinion our best defenseman wants to get traded for personal reason, terrible ****ing luck. I don't see how the Isles can get equal value for him. This just sucks.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Trouba hasn't been the same since his rookie year, but it's better than Myers :help:

I just really can't imagine trading our best defenseman for someone like Tyler Myers right now.

I think Myers is a lot better now than when he was on the Sabres. Granted its probably because he isn't on a brutal team anymore. At this point I would take Trouba for him.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just saw on the main board a 3 way trade (proposed by a Blues fan):

Edmonton: Hamonic

St. Louis: Draisatl

NYI: Shattenkirk

Where do I sign?

Poliz24

Jun 25, 2012
LI

Where do I sign?

I am ok with that. Honest question. Pietrangelo isn't bad either is he UNTOUCHABLE?

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

Where do I sign?

Pretty good, Shattenkirk is better than Hamonic, but not on the contract like Hamonic is on, and doesn't have as many years left before ufa.

I wonder if the Isles are considering adding Okposo or Strome to Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad