Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Personally think Hamonic for Trouba is a great value deal. They're pretty much identical in terms of play. However, I doubt Cheveldayoff wants to part ways with Trouba.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Could something be structured around Hamhuis ++? I don't think we have the assets but I'm just curious.

article-2432922-18472EF100000578-41_636x382.jpg

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Personally think Hamonic for Trouba is a great value deal. They're pretty much identical in terms of play. However, I doubt Cheveldayoff wants to part ways with Trouba.

I'm sorta baffled about this because it would really be great for Winnipeg on several levels. Trouba COULD be as good as Hamonic, but Hammer is an immediate upgrade. They sell a million jerseys and he's almost guaranteed to finish his career there.

Unless I'm misreading things? How good is Trouba right now? I assume his upside is better than Hamonic if they'd be hesitant about that.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Excellent thing to come up before two super tough games, by the way. At least this isn't news for the team itself.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It's probably a good thing he signed a long term deal because without that we probably are limited to Minnesota or Vancouver in this trade since Edmonton Calgary and Winnipeg never could afford him long term

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
It just seems like Winnipeg is the perfect fit in every way here though. ugh.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
As a Pens fan I have loved watching Hamonic develop over the last three or four years.

One of my favorite defensemen in the league and this is just a really ****** deal for you guys, I assume he is the heart of your team much like Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang are to ours. I hope the day never comes that we have to trade those kind of guys.

Hopefully this trade pans out for you guys. I can see some teams offering some really good packages especially given Hamonic's contract.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I heard that he read the hockey forum's "so, who is our best defender now" and was upset that he wasn't the unanimous #1 with the Islander fans. It's all your fault!

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Silver lining scenario-- We trade Hammer for a #2/#3 shutdown LD. Pulock and Mayfield pan out. Our D is stacked. Silver lining, folks.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
You know better than Hamhuis ++

Did you even do your homework? Isles want a player of Hamonic's caliber.

I get that and I don't doubt that. I think he's a fantastic player and have already said I don't think we have the horses to do it.

Hopefully the Islanders are able to find a one for one swap but I was just curious as to what it would take aside from Tanev from Vancouver's perspective.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
It doesn't seem like his teammates knew about this.

He requested the trade sometime in the offseason, I just assume they'd have had a hunch or something. Hamonic wouldn't mention or hint at having serious family issues to his teammates?

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Without complicating thing more than it needs to be.
A trade to Winnipeg for Tyler Myers is probably as close to a lateral move we can make.myers just got to winnipeg so it won't be like trading a homegrown talent.
Travis signed until 2020 and Tyler till 2019.
Travis will make almost 5 mill each season after this with a lower cap hit.
Tyler has a decreasing salary with a higher cap hit.
Personally I like travis better than Tyler. If I had to pick one it would be travis
10 out of 10. Cheveldayoff doesn't make trades, well until last year.
Remember the western Canada thing the isles had going for a few draft years .
Chynoweth,cheveldayoff ,Chyzowski , 3 years in a row. Yuk. Dean was good but his career was short.
I think he only played a couple hundred games if not mistaken. Cheveldayoff got hurt and uckzowski
The bust # 2 overall..
Anyway. My guess is Myers. Travis gets to go home. Maybe we get a pick too? Who cares , if we are losing Travis nothing will make that hurt go away. Him and JT IMO are the faces of the franchise.

I could see garth trading him exactly to the team he wants. After all we are all just people and
This is just a game. If this were the Yankees and George was running the show Travis would have a private jet to take him home every night and bring him back for games.

Gonna be real sad if he goes. Imagine we traded Travis prior to the Barclays seaon.
It's hard enough selling tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad