Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Garth better hold off until we get something of value. Don't accept any of the garbage. Demand Hall from EDM or Brodie from CGY and if they don't like it tough ****. He signed a contract and has to deal with it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Agreed. I could stomach Hall but I still don't know if EDM would do it.

First and foremost guys, man, this sucks for you. Public trade requests almost always result in lower returns and he's a heck of a player. That said...

Edmonton wouldn't do that.

RNH, Hall, Nurse, and the obvious McSavior wouldn't be available.

However, there's lots to offer aside from that - Eberle, Yakupov, Klefbom, our undoubtedly high first rounder this year, even Draisaitl - which would suck terribly to give up but for Hamonic I'd probably do it.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
Sounds like Garth isn't just going to give him away.

BTW, it's even more ridiculous that Pulock hasn't gotten a shot yet. You really need to know what you have before making these franchise altering moves.

Well it's obvious now. Capuano is grooming Strait as Hamonic's replacement.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
First and foremost guys, man, this sucks for you. Public trade requests almost always result in lower returns and he's a heck of a player. That said...

Edmonton wouldn't do that.

RNH, Hall, Nurse, and the obvious McSavior wouldn't be available.

However, there's lots to offer aside from that - Eberle, Yakupov, Klefbom, our undoubtedly high first rounder this year, even Draisaitl - which would suck terribly to give up but for Hamonic I'd probably do it.

Eberle and Matthews MAY be a bit easier to stomach :sarcasm:

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
This just plain sucks. It's going to be worse with all the outside coming here and offering up crap for him.

If Hammer is traded, it better be for a defenseman to take his place.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Some things are bigger than the game. Hopefully, things are ok with his family but I guess this is not the case. Love Hamonic - a very good d-man and seemingly even a better young man.

Create a bidding war, minimize the damage and move on and wish TH nothing but the best.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
With this news coming out Pulock and Mayfield better start getting games or I'm going to have a ****ing stroke.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Sounds like Garth isn't just going to give him away.

BTW, it's even more ridiculous that Pulock hasn't gotten a shot yet. You really need to know what you have before making these franchise altering moves.

I was just about to post this. How do you not give Pulock and Mayfield a look when you're about to lose Hamonic?

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I laughed

To keep from crying.

o5jv.gif

Brunomics

Sep 2, 2006
I get he wants to be closer to his family but unless he goes directly to Winnipeg everything else is a plane ride away. Doesn't really make any sense.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Well, let's talk about what would be a good match here. Obviously, nobody has bitten, but here's who might be targeted:

Winnipeg (prob where Hammer wants to go): Trouba, MAYBE Myers
Calgary: has to be TJ Brodie and only TJ Brodie, right? Hamilton is probably stuck there
Edmonton: Klefbom, Nurse
Minnesota: I don't think there's really a match here. They're up against the cap and they're humming along. No reason to make a deal.
Detroit: Also up against the cap. Ericsson and Kronwall both have NTCs.
Vancouver: Tanev (Edler has a NTC)

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I was just about to post this. How do you not give Pulock and Mayfield a look when you're about to lose Hamonic?

Agreed, Capuano riding Strait with knowledge that Hamonic requested a trade. This information just makes it even more perplexing at how badly Capuano and the staff are handling the defense.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
As a Devils fan, that sucks for the Islanders. It's unfortunate but theres nothing they can really do about it.

Has there been any speculation why exactly he wants to be moved closer to home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad