Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
This ****ing sucks. We're gonna get pennies on the dollar for this stud. Really love Hammer.

Love Hammer, one of my favorite players but we can not take a discount. Love to have Hamilton coming back from Calgary, but it needs to be a fair swap or else we have to keep him until we get equal value. :pullhair:

Yashin for President

Jan 14, 2007
Bestchester
Sad that it has come to this but the Isles need to do what they have to do. Wonder if Garth is going to go for a stud forward like an Eberle or Ladd. If we didn't have Mayfield or Pulock I would be very concerned but players are replaceable. It might seem like Hamonics value might take a hit but I think if you add him to the Jets or Oilers it would be a significant upgrade for either team.

BH4991

Jul 4, 2006
Family does come first, and I don't have any ill will against Hamonic for it. Just would suck so bad to see him in another team's sweater. So depressing on every front.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
It really sucks that this leaked because it's going to kill our leverage and hurt our return. I wonder if Hamonic's camp leaked this because Garth didn't seem to be making progress.

YesCubed

Mar 2, 2015
I always thought he was going to run to Winnipeg when he got the chance. That long-term deal really shocked me.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Garth needs to realize hammer is not an impending UFA. He's signed long term to a great deal. He needs to hold off until he gets what he wants.

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
How about just getting rid of him....(NO not like that)

Yall know Capu will play strait all games and every game, so why not try some young talent?
i believe the team is strong enough to carry it through!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Sad that it has come to this but the Isles need to do what they have to do. Wonder if Garth is going to go for a stud forward like an Eberle or Ladd. If we didn't have Mayfield or Pulock I would be very concerned but players are replaceable. It might seem like Hamonics value might take a hit but I think if you add him to the Jets or Oilers it would be a significant upgrade for either team.

Ladd is an impending UFA. You're joking, right?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Obviously this stinks but I don't think it necessarily means his value will drop. There can (and most likely will) be a bidding war between a few teams. He's a young, top pairing defenseman, signed long term to a great contract. Players like that come at a PREMIUM. Also, Snow doesn't HAVE TO trade him. This isn't like the Vanek situation. Snow holds the cards here.

And adding Strome to this deal would be the epitome of selling low. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if one of Frans/Okposo goes too. Not that I'm advocating for it but this may turn into a blockbuster.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I feel like nothing can ever go right as an isles fan. Next thing you know Tavares will request a trade to Buffalo or Toranto

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I think the Isles COULD get good value here but one of those teams has to bite. The good news is that none of them are that great and all you need is one desperate team.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I feel like nothing can ever go right as an isles fan. Next thing you know Tavares will request a trade to Buffalo or Toranto

I can think of worse guys to lose I mean lets face it, missing Hammer in addition to 2 other dmen we nearly beat the Caps last year. Odds are if we have DeHaan or Lubo all series we win that series so it's not like this is a catastrophe. If this is Halak, Leddy, Boychuk or JT it is

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Sounds like Garth isn't just going to give him away.

BTW, it's even more ridiculous that Pulock hasn't gotten a shot yet. You really need to know what you have before making these franchise altering moves.

rockhouse15

Jul 23, 2011
Really torn on this. I completely feel for Travis wanting to go back to Western Canada for a family reason and has every right to ask. He is a human being that has to balance work and personal life like everyone else.

However, he committed to the Isles for a total of 7 years and has 4 years left after this one. He is one of our top-5 most important players and is on a team looking to go very deep in the playoffs. I have no problem with him asking for a trade but the Isles should under no circumstances just let him go for $.10 or pennies on the dollar.

He has every right to take off time from the team for whatever reason (don't want to speculate because the specifics of his situation don't matter) but the Isles as a team and Snow in particular should not mortgage the present and future of the team when he doesn't have to.

Again I feel terrible for one of my favorite players ever for having to deal with something that seems very tough on him and for sticking out like this.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Sounds like Garth isn't just going to give him away.

BTW, it's even more ridiculous that Pulock hasn't gotten a shot yet. You really need to know what you have before making these franchise altering moves.

I'm laughing at this point.

This is so spot on, Snow must be doing whippets up on the Barclays garden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad