Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Request all you want Travis. I wouldn't move him till end of season. Gotta take the good and bad with being a pro athlete. Probably should t have signed a long term deal.

Just read freedmens article. I'm not convinced that a deal gets done. They need value back and apparently don't want picks or prospects....going to be pretty tough.

Last edited:

Benedict Kovalchuk

Kovalchuk: A spy?
Jul 19, 2011
CASCADIA NOW
Well, let's talk about what would be a good match here. Obviously, nobody has bitten, but here's who might be targeted:

Winnipeg (prob where Hammer wants to go): Trouba, MAYBE Myers
Calgary: has to be TJ Brodie and only TJ Brodie, right? Hamilton is probably stuck there
Edmonton: Klefbom, Nurse
Minnesota: I don't think there's really a match here. They're up against the cap and they're humming along. No reason to make a deal.
Detroit: Also up against the cap. Ericsson and Kronwall both have NTCs.
Vancouver: Tanev (Edler has a NTC)

Don't really see many matches there tbh. Winnipeg maybe. Brodie and Tanev are both better than Hamonic and I really can't see either CGY or VAN giving up on them. Doubt Edmonton as well, Klefbom is a downgrade and do we really want to wait around for Nurse?

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Well, let's talk about what would be a good match here. Obviously, nobody has bitten, but here's who might be targeted:

Calgary: has to be TJ Brodie and only TJ Brodie, right? Hamilton is probably stuck there
Minnesota: I don't think there's really a match here. They're up against the cap and they're humming along. No reason to make a deal.

Nino. :)

Spybot

May 12, 2014

I like Klefbom. Though I like Hamonic more. Regardless, his contract may very well end up among the best in the league - just like Hamonic's. He's also an LD.

PROMputt

I promise to never forget.
Jan 4, 2008
Lawnguyland
This totally stinks. Losing Hammer is going to be a huge loss for us. The guy is a warrior and one of the key pieces to our team. Sad day.
Really hope that whatever has caused this problem works out for the best for Hammer as he is a class guy and all around winner.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Request all you want Travis. I wouldn't move him till end of season. Gotta take the good and bad with being a pro athlete.

Do that and you're Garth and see nobody want to play here anymore. That instantly labels you as GM you know what of the year.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Hamonic's played his last game as an Islander right? Get Pulock up here to get acclimated and hold out Hamonic so he doesn't get hurt. I feel like him on the ice will be more of a distraction than if he's not.

Zidlicky signing right before camp makes a lot more sense now.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Might need to find a 3rd team to make this possible.

Assume Winnipeg as the final destination for him. Trouba or Meyers if a direct deal but if that was possible it would likely have happened already.

So Winnipeg needs to trade some young forward assets and find a team that can provide the defender to the Isles.

So who might take a young package of offensive talent (Winnipeg has that in spades) and have a defender they could move?

I think Edler would make sense for us if we want to maybe package a little more.

How about something like this?

Winnipeg gets Hamonic

Vancouver gets Joel Armia, Thomas Hickey and a 1st from Winnipeg

Isles get Edler

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
If things are so bad at home, if I was the Islanders I would give Travis time off to be with his family and address this rather than making an unnecessary deal.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Agreed, Capuano riding Strait with knowledge that Hamonic requested a trade. This information just makes it even more perplexing at how badly Capuano and the staff are handling the defense.

Agreed.

Also may explain the mixing up of Hammer-CDH and Boychuck-Leddy combo's. I saw Boychuck in some interview saying something along the line of "it's always good to play with other defenseman because you never know what can happen".

Strait going to top four would be hemorrhage inducing but even a rock could see Cappy's thought process a mile away. God help us unless we get decent return.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Don't really see many matches there tbh. Winnipeg maybe. Brodie and Tanev are both better than Hamonic and I really can't see either CGY or VAN giving up on them. Doubt Edmonton as well, Klefbom is a downgrade and do we really want to wait around for Nurse?

We might not have a choice. In any case, I suspect Garth is really plugging away at a few of those guys but he hasn't gotten any bites yet. They're offering stuff like the Edmonton fans who keep jumping in: Schultz?

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
If things are so bad at home, if I was the Islanders I would give Travis time off to be with his family and address this rather than making an unnecessary deal.

I've been saying this on the main trade forum that the league allows lengthy leaves of absence. If this a more than 1-2 year issue though I think he has to be moved.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Hamonic's played his last game as an Islander right? Get Pulock up here to get acclimated and hold out Hamonic so he doesn't get hurt. I feel like him on the ice will be more of a distraction than if he's not.

Zidlicky signing right before camp makes a lot more sense now.

Why?

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island

Don't want to look to far into this but guessing that it is a serious problem where giving Hammer a game or two off is not going to cut it.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Canucks can't give up Tanev for Hamonic, our RHD depth is **** as it is.

I'd love to get him but I don't think we have the assets to outbid Edmonton or Calgary.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Do that and you're Garth and see nobody want to play here anymore. That instantly labels you as GM you know what of the year.

No it doesn't. This is a professional league. He signed a long term deal with the isles. Nobody forced him to do that. Unless there is a deal that benefits the isles, you don't make it. Sorry. Harsh? Absolutely. But this is a professional league.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
It's going to be really hard for the Islanders to replace what he brings via trade.

The teams that have guys like Hamonic are probably just as enamored by their guys as the Islanders are Hamonic. They're not going to give up their guy for an unknown, no matter how good Hamonic is. It's like if a Flames fan was going to offer you Brodie for Hamonic before this came out, as good as Brodie is, there's no reason to make that type of lateral move.

For that reason, this situation is just brutal for the Islanders, especially since they are likely to be respectful and honor Hamonic's wishes.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
No it doesn't. This is a professional league. He signed a long term deal with the isles. Nobody forced him to do that. Unless there is a deal that benefits the isles, you don't make it. Sorry. Harsh? Absolutely. But this is a professional league.

If I remember right Boston waited 16 months to trade Bourque to a contender because they didn't get great offers so you can wait I guess but this is a bit different

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Maybe something can be done with a team that has a glut of LD and needs RD. LD Hamonic for RD Hamonic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad