Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Time to pray for Mayfield to become Pronger and Pulock to become Weber I guess.

One of the most well-liked Islanders is as good as gone.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
wow, this isnt good

first an foremost, i hope everything is fine w/ his family, but we really need to get fair value back...as others have suggested, it really may make sense to move a forward with him and make it a 2 for 2 trade (1 wing and 1 D)

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I feel like crying. I believe this is 100% true. The thing that sucks is now his vue goes down becuse he wants a move.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
We absolutely can not give up Hamonic without getting a #2 or #3 D back in return. You just can't rely on Pulock and Mayfield to fill out the right side next year. We'll be lucky if one of them can make the transition.

Garth is in a bad spot. This is where we see how good he really is.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If he requested it before the season it looks like Garth hasnt got an offer he likes. Now that the story is out I can't see Garth just letting him stay on the team without moving him. This really sucks.

Hopefully all the western teams enter in a Bidding War

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Winnipeg: Trouba
Edmonton: :*looks at defense, screams*
Calgary: Uhh, Giordano or Brodie? Thanks but no thanks as far as Hamilton
Vancouver: :help:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
can someone post the text of this? I can't see embedded tweets.

Arthur Staple ‏@StapeNewsday 8m8 minutes ago
Confirming report from @FriedgeHNIC, Travis Hamonic requested a trade prior to the start of the season. #Isles trying to accommodate.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm a grown man and tears are all but ready to flow. Don't know if Im a great fan or I need to look in the mirror and ask myself if it's unhealthy to have an attachment to a professional sports team like this.

Hammer has been one of my favorite Islanders since day one. I hate this. Especially since I know there is know way we get good value for him.

My money is on EDM and somthing stupid like Yakupov. I will cry.

enigmatic

Fire me please
Jul 7, 2009
nyc
Hamonic, Strome + for OEL. Make it happen. I don't care if it's not western Canada.

i like this.....dont know if its close enough though...

also, wouldnt mind a straight up for dougie hamilton...i know he has been crap this year so far, but before the season, he had WAY for value than TH.....the kid is still a young stud IMO

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
This seems dumb if you're Hamonic. This is a permanent solution to what is likely a temporary problem. Unless a family member has an illness that is like MS or something and will be a factor for years this seems like overkill

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
is this a joke? didn't he sign a 6 year extension about 3 years ago? wtf is going on in his life that he needs to move back? Really dont understand if this is in fact true. maybe his mother is sick or something?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I'm a grown man and tears are all but ready to flow. Don't know if Im a great fan or I need to look in the mirror and ask myself if it's unhealthy to have an attachment to a professional sports team like this.

Hammer has been one of my favorite Islanders since day one. I hate this. Especially since I know there is know way we get good value for him.

My money is on EDM and somthing stupid like Yakupov. I will cry.

If it's Edm we better be getting Hall. That's the only trade with them that I would accept. Knowing this team it's going to be Hamonic for Reinhart :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad