Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys. Would a trade with Edmonton be more enticing if we took back a bad contract.

I propose this:

T.Hamonic
M.Grabovski
For
J.Eberle
M.Fayne

Fayne can step in and play top 4. Until Pulock is ready. He's a decent top 4 defender who gets exposed in Edmonton.

Thoughts?

No. Faye won't cut it. It's either nurse or klefbom for edm or nothing else, unless Garth just wants him out.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Nurse and Fayne for Hamonic and Hickey

Leddy-Boychuk
de Haan-Fayne
Nurse-Pulock

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Because Staple is NOT part of the team, he should do his job...

He owes Garth nothing, he owes his readers everything...

And i get what your saying, but Staple is a massive pawn and i want him as far away from this team as i do Cappy...

Garth is the guy who gives him access. If Staple airs that news out too early, Garth shuts him out forever. So they work together in a sense. I don't think that's uncommon for beat reporters.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
What if something IS getting done shortly and that's why it finally got leaked???

Hamonic doesn't seem like the type of guy to **** with Garth...

Staple said nothing is in the works right now. Not sure if I believe that but we'll find out soon.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
What would be the point of him reporting it? It doesn't benefit anyone. I guarantee that Friedman knew about this for awhile as well but didn't say anything until he was asked to.

The point of him reporting is he'd be doing his job...something he never does.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think asked Friedman to open his mouth?

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Btw, my gut feeling is that it's Myers for Hamonic, maybe a plus on one side. Garth has to be gunning for Trouba, makes too much sense.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
What if something IS getting done shortly and that's why it finally got leaked???

Hamonic doesn't seem like the type of guy to **** with Garth...

I bet this is exactly the issue. It was hard to get something done without both sides leaking something to both fan bases. I bet Winnipeg news might be picking up on this right now. With Trouba having on 4 points this year this might be a good time to jump on this trade.

I think a Strome/Hammer for Trouba/Ehlers would be ideal.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
The point of him reporting is he'd be doing his job...something he never does.

Just out of curiosity, who do you think asked Friedman to open his mouth?

Reporters rarely just report everything they hear. They wait for the right timing. It's also impossible for Art to report this because if he did he wouldn't have a job anymore. Would you do it in that situation? I think Hamonic's agent requested Friedman to release it.

Keyserfrans

Feb 14, 2015
I bet this is exactly the issue. It was hard to get something done without both sides leaking something to both fan bases. I bet Winnipeg news might be picking up on this right now. With Trouba having on 4 point this might be a good time to jump o this trade.

I dont see them parting with Ehlers, i would love it though!

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Wow this came out of nowhere. Really hope we don't trade Hamonic. Really good young defenseman like him you don't trade.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
His job is not to protect the team, his job is to brake a story...which is something he never does...unless it's seconds before the story is going to be made public anyway...

I mean is he a REPORTER or the Isles P.A. guy???

He isn't a reporter. He is a UN observer living next to a terrorist training center. He reports what is safe to report. Because of that Snow gifts him with access to morsels of propaganda.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Btw, my gut feeling is that it's Myers for Hamonic, maybe a plus on one side. Garth has to be gunning for Trouba, makes too much sense.

Myers is not very good. I don't see the isles making a deal for Myers just for the sake of making a deal.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
I bet this is exactly the issue. It was hard to get something done without both sides leaking something to both fan bases. I bet Winnipeg news might be picking up on this right now. With Trouba having on 4 points this year this might be a good time to jump on this trade.

We lose in that deal, IMO of course. We give up the better developed assets.

nyscene

Jul 26, 2006
PANIC!
Reporters rarely just report everything they hear. They wait for the right timing. It's also impossible for Art to report this because if he did he wouldn't have a job anymore. Would you do it in that situation? I think Hamonic's agent requested Friedman to release it.

Staple said the leak didn't come from Hamonic's party or the isles.

My guess is it came from Winnipeg. Trying to force snows hand.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011

Why would he lose his job?

As someone who studied journalism, i never heard, or was it ever taught in any of my classes "release the story when the time is right."

When you got something that's hot, you go for it, unless it's real personal, which this isn't...

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Staple said the leak didn't come from Hamonic's party or the isles.

My guess is it came from Winnipeg. Trying to force snows hand.

Classy organization and media to try and force a situation due to a players personal issues. Obviously, the organization leaked it to the determinant of the opponent and the players involved.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Myers is not very good. I don't see the isles making a deal for Myers just for the sake of making a deal.

Depends on Hammer's situation. But it's a deal where the Isles lose a bit but get a replacement. You can't hold out for guys like Trouba or Nurse for so long.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Depends on Hammer's situation. But it's a deal where the Isles lose a bit but get a replacement. You can't hold out for guys like Trouba or Nurse for so long.

The team is not a charity, I think Garth works hard to get a fair deal but he isn't gonna give away a valuable asset, even if the player asks and maybe its my pie in the sky view of Hammer but I think he understand that as well. If he has to wait a bit for a deal to go through, he does his job and waits til a deal is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad