Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Why would he lose his job?

As someone who studied journalism, i never heard, or was it ever taught in any of my classes "release the story when the time is right."

When you got something that's hot, you go for it, unless it's real personal, which this isn't...

Garth shuts him out and his loses his only decent source; no good source=no news. Newsday would not be happy. This is sports, not politics, getting the story out before everyone isn't as important as getting it right. Getting it out before everyone else just turns you into Eklund.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
Depends on Hammer's situation. But it's a deal where the Isles lose a bit but get a replacement. You can't hold out for guys like Trouba or Nurse for so long.

Why? Isles said they would try to accommodate him. They didn't say we will trade him for anything.

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
Snow doesn't have to do anything, let alone get fleeced on a deal where we get a worse dman and a bigger contract.

Where is the leverage? Hamonic is "requesting" a trade. This is the same guy that signed a 7 year deal and made a commitment to this team. Is he going to sit out because we won't trade him for WPG's underdeveloped prospects?

We don't have to accommodate him and force a trade that we lose out on. He's a solid young defenseman on an AMAZING deal. If that deal comes along and Snow takes it, good, but if not, sorry Travis.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
If he said ok to Chicago (West Canada is not a long flight out of Chicago) ,, Thoughts on these

To :isles
Niklas Hjalmarsson

To :hawks
Travis Hamonic

Hawks get younger , slightly cheaper and signed for longer defender

Isles get vet top 4 LHD signed for 3 more years at 4.1M

#2 (If Hawks can dump Daley on Sens)

D Trevor Van Riemsdyk
RW Ryan Garbutt
Hawks 1st in 2017

To :hawks
Travis Hamonic

Isles get cheap emerging 2nd pairing RHD (TVR is reallyd developing nicely), A vet bottom 6 winger and a 1st for Hamonic

Hawks end up with top 4 going forward over next 3 years of Keith-Seabrook and Hjalmarsosn-Hamonic which would be amazing

D Trevor Daley
C/W Andrew Shaw or Ryan Hartman (Hawks 2013 1st round pick)
Hawks 1st round pick in 2016 or 2017 (Isles choice)

Daley is vet with top 4 experience signed for another year , Shaw is pesty guy who is solid role player and young (Will be RFA after year) and 1st ok asset

Can also opt to take Hartman instead of Shaw and Hartman is NHL ready at this point (In Chicago he is likely Shaw's replacement in offseason)

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
The team is not a charity, I think Garth works hard to get a fair deal but he isn't gonna give away a valuable asset, even if the player asks and maybe its my pie in the sky view of Hammer but I think he understand that as well. If he has to wait a bit for a deal to go through, he does his job and waits til a deal is done.

Exactly. Most reports indicating he likes the isles but is having family issues. I can't see hammer pouting or acting a fool to promote a trade. Garth should make the deal when it makes sense for team and player.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Garth shuts him out and his loses his only decent source; no good source=no news. Newsday would not be happy. This is sports, not politics, getting the story out before everyone isn't as important as getting it right. Getting it out before everyone else just turns you into Eklund.

I see what your saying, but Garth shuts out everyone anyway and Staple only reveals a story seconds before it was going to come out...

So had he catered to the people who actually pay his salary, nothing would change...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nino Reinhart now Hammer. Pulock is gonna turn into Doughty and then request a trade. I feel like we're cursed.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I wonder who leaked this to the media. There is no reason to let the media write about this.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It's a shame some folks can't see past the fact that the guy is human, with a life outside hockey. Am I upset as a fan this came out now? Sure, I have a headache because it always seems like "something" for us as a fanbase, but the reactions here are a little out there.

I'm pretty sure most people get that. I haven't seen much if any Hamonic bashing. It's obviously somthing serious. It's just upsetting that we will be losing a core player who's important to the success of this team.

Malkins the happiest to hear this.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Snow doesn't have to do anything, let alone get fleeced on a deal where we get a worse dman and a bigger contract.

Where is the leverage? Hamonic is "requesting" a trade. This is the same guy that signed a 7 year deal and made a commitment to this team. Is he going to sit out because we won't trade him for WPG's underdeveloped prospects?

We don't have to accommodate him and force a trade that we lose out on. He's a solid young defenseman on an AMAZING deal. If that deal comes along and Snow takes it, good, but if not, sorry Travis.

But it's Hammer, I think he's earned a lot of cred with the organization, teammates, and the fans. He's been character +++ as an Isle, it's gotta be a doozy to have him ask for a trade. Aside from JT doing this, I can't think of a more high profile guy to do this considering he signed that long extension. If he needs to be closer to home, then he needs to be closer to home and that's good enough for me.

I just pray that we get a decent return from Winnipeg. I think it's Winnipeg or bust.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I see what your saying, but Garth shuts out everyone anyway and Staple only reveals a story seconds before it was going to come out...

So had he catered to the people who actually pay his salary, nothing would change...

I'm sure it has more to do with Newsday liking the agreement than it does with Art. If his boss says to do what Garth says, he does it. I don't like Staple either, but I can't blame him for not reporting this.

A Pointed Stick

No Idea About The Future
Dec 23, 2010
Exactly. Most reports indicating he likes the isles but is having family issues. I can't see hammer pouting or acting a fool to promote a trade. Garth should make the deal when it makes sense for team and player.

But then why leak this? The leak implies one party is unhappy, not "all sides understand hard situation and try to help Islanders."

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
On the bright side we got a mid 1st and 2nd for ReinhArt from EDM.

McDavid come on down!!! LoL

I really think this has the potential to have a lot of moving parts.

Renbarg

Feb 24, 2007
NY
What if something IS getting done shortly and that's why it finally got leaked???

Hamonic doesn't seem like the type of guy to **** with Garth...

Garth is actively talking to probably half a dozen gms. It was gonna leak sooner or later, not necessarily from either the islanders or travis.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
It was Scuderi who injured him right? A ****ing walking corpse robbed us of the only chance of seeing Travis in the playoffs with a decent Isles team. I'm even angrier about it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad