Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duanesutter12

Member of Lou's Orchestra
Jul 8, 2013
Hong Kong
I just woke up to this crap news and waded through all 13 pages. Not good! One would have to think something is really bad for Travis for it to get this far. In the end I'll bet he's not traded. As someone that lives overseas I can tell you, sometimes when the dust settles you realize that life goes on and you can't make life altering decisions on the drop of the dime. There's no way the Isles are going to get fair value particularly when you consider the position, contract, age etc. I mean why we don't we just trade Hamonic for Hamonic! I hope I'm right but if I'm not then pleasea dear lord help us get fair value!!

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Every time I see oiler fans suggest this I think "Hulk Smash!"

This right here. Honestly it is beyond annoying how 90% of that fan base is offering Eberle then getting insulted that the Isle fans are not as interested. Why are so many offering him... if he is such a quality commodity?

Besides after hearing them before, during and immediately after the Niinimaa trade... I have come to realize many in that fan base have poor evaluations of D-men.

rams

Feb 2, 2015
Canada
Without complicating thing more than it needs to be.
A trade to Winnipeg for Tyler Myers is probably as close to a lateral move we can make.

Myers for Hamonic just makes sense.
Winnipeg would win, straight up, but if that deal gets made it would be attributed to 'Hamonic was devalued because of the trade demand.'
If it goes to a bidding war, Winnipeg could add a little something.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Who said you did? My point was about valuation. And thinking that a guy with a public trade request is going to bring in more than Eberle+ is extremely unlikely.

He has less value if he isn't a need. A trade with the Oilers starts with Nurse and then compensation for the lost development time.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
anyone who is thinking it is not about "Brooklyn" is kidding themselves.

Either Hamonic is lying as he is not wanting to pour dirt on the Brooklyn thing, or the Islanders are telling Hamonic to keep quiet as they know having a player request a trade to get out of this situation is going to create a crap storm as far players wanting to be traded and not wanting to play here.

Get out of here with this crap.

Some posters in this thread really need to take a step back. Family comes first always. I don't care if you're a bum or a professional athlete.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina

Some posters in this thread really need to take a step back. Family comes first always. I don't care if you're a bum or a professional athlete.

But how does Snow handle this situation? Do you go with giving the player what he wants or doing what is best for the team? I have a feeling Hammer won't be dealt unless there is a fair deal and I think that is what Hammer wants.

We shall see but I don't think either side is actively forcing a deal here.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

Then he should be prepared to retire. Or he can void his contract, return the money, then rejoin the team when he's ready (if it's a short-term concern).

He won't, because maybe it's about family, but it's also about money. He wants to be rich playing a game AND choose where he lives.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008

These guys are pros and are making alot of moeny, the only downside to their career is they are maybe not in the city they are hoping to be.

islescoop

Jul 24, 2011
Being in Atlanta this reminds me a bit of the Danny heatley situation. Asked for a trade since Atlanta reminded him too much of the car accident that killed his friend. Horrible situation for thrashers but they were able to get Marian hossa and another player in return. As bad as losing hamonic would be, let's see what we get in return. It sucks losing him but it's possible his cap deal is more of a loss than the player..

My guess is Edmonton gives up eberle

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
But how does Snow handle this situation? Do you go with giving the player what he wants or doing what is best for the team? I have a feeling Hammer won't be dealt unless there is a fair deal and I think that is what Hammer wants.

This!

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
He has less value if he isn't a need. A trade with the Oilers starts with Nurse and then compensation for the lost development time.

I wasn't proposing a trade. And of course need influences what a team places on one player or another for value. But from a league-wide standpoint, if you think somebody is going to offer more than Eberle+ you're dreaming. In fact, I suspect that if somebody was offering near that kind of value that a deal might already have been made.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
I wish there was a main board on which fans of other teams could post their ridiculous, one-sided trade proposals. Oh well.

But from a league-wide standpoint, if you think somebody is going to offer more than Eberle+ you're dreaming.

OMG guyz we have a lejit insider on our bored!!!1111 He speaks for the leege itself, not even just a team. Tell us moar!!!!1

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
No Edler is not nearly as good as Hamonic to be honest. The Canucks don't really have anything that the Isles would want.

That's fair enough, would adding to that interest you? I can understand if not, I don't want to be ignorant of the team needs. I totally realize getting a good player requires giving something good up.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Then he should be prepared to retire. Or he can void his contract, return the money, then rejoin the team when he's ready (if it's a short-term concern).

He won't, because maybe it's about family, but it's also about money. He wants to be rich playing a game AND choose where he lives.

I am reserving judgement til I see what the issue is. If this is simply someone is sick with a short term illness I definitely will be suspicious for sure. Players rarely if ever request trades due to a family member having cancer etc. There are plenty of conditions though that people can get that can last for years on end requiring constant care and that is surely a possibility here.

BroadwayJay*

anyone who is thinking it is not about "Brooklyn" is kidding themselves.

Either Hamonic is lying as he is not wanting to pour dirt on the Brooklyn thing, or the Islanders are telling Hamonic to keep quiet as they know having a player request a trade to get out of this situation is going to create a crap storm as far players wanting to be traded and not wanting to play here.

It might be one of the other the two "terrible B's": Bailey and Brett yormark!

You definitely have it right. Has to be Brooklyn because you don't like Brooklyn. Big, if true.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY

So Snow makes himself look like an ass by not trading Hamonic? Not likely. If he gets an even remotely comparable player/deal to Hamonic, then he trades him. I would put money on him being gone before December 1st.

It is pretty much all or nothing with some of you around here. The viewpoints around here are actually pretty sad. Are you paying Hamonic? No.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
These guys are pros and are making alot of moeny, the only downside to their career is they are maybe not in the city they are hoping to be.

I can't tell if this is an act, or you are that naive/immature. There are players and human beings that hold things higher than money and where they play.

BroadwayJay*

I wasn't proposing a trade. And of course need influences what a team places on one player or another for value. But from a league-wide standpoint, if you think somebody is going to offer more than Eberle+ you're dreaming. In fact, I suspect that if somebody was offering near that kind of value that a deal might already have been made.

Thanks for this dose of reality, mr. Mckenzie.

The return will be what this guy says because he says it. Airtight. Don't agree? You're dreaming!!!

First Blood

The Greiss Is Right!
Feb 17, 2014
Bradenton, FL
I am very upset about this, and this is why you have to cheer for the colors and not the players.

Hamonic is easily a #2 on most other teams. It is going to be hard to get true value, and extremely harder to replace him in our lineup.

I really wish Hamonic would just stay and honor his contract, and then move on as a UFA

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
I can't tell if this is an act, or you are that naive/immature. There are players and human beings that hold things higher than money and where they play.

is it normal for a professional athlete to request a trade when they are 25 and 2 years into a 7 year contract?

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
It is pretty much all or nothing with some of you around here. The viewpoints around here are actually pretty sad. Are you paying Hamonic? No.

Right. It's all or nothing if I don't think a very wealthy young man should both make millions of dollars and demand to play in a particular place after signing a long-term contract 18 months ago. I'm not sure what my paying him has to do with it, but as a season ticket holder, I'm sure as **** not hurting him.

He signed the deal a year and a half ago. If you have any integrity at all, your word means something. Especially when you've been handed millions of dollars (including a signing bonus) because your employer expects you to keep your word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad