Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Then he should be prepared to retire. Or he can void his contract, return the money, then rejoin the team when he's ready (if it's a short-term concern).

He won't, because maybe it's about family, but it's also about money. He wants to be rich playing a game AND choose where he lives.

Yes, Isles should not be forced into a trade.

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007
is it normal for a professional athlete to request a trade when they are 25 and 2 years into a 7 year contract?

Yes, BECAUSE DON'T YOU HAVE FEELINGS? BLESS HIS LITTLE HEART. HE DOES CHARITY WORK FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE!

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Dreger just talked about the Hamonic situation in between periods of the NBCSN game....Peg makes the most sense, a tough blow to lose a top pairing D man but says Hammer will probably need to expand the list of destinations.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Dreger just talked about the Hamonic situation in between periods of the NBCSN game....Peg makes the most sense, a tough blow to lose a top pairing D man but says Hammer will probably need to expand the list of destinations.
At the end of the day why not just stay in NY. They invented airplanes. If he's willing to expand his list, than what's the difference of a couple of more hours by plane going to make?

If he wants to really be closer to home he will only except WPG or MiN. Everyone's place is by plane.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Eventually though it becomes dumb, if you're gonna send him to Detroit or Chicago he may as well just stay here, its more or less robbing Peter to pay Paul. Its like a guy in Italy trying to get closer to his family in Ireland and saying well I cannot get a job in London so I'll just go to Zurich.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Right. It's all or nothing if I don't think a very wealthy young man should both make millions of dollars and demand to play in a particular place after signing a long-term contract 18 months ago. I'm not sure what my paying him has to do with it, but as a season ticket holder, I'm sure as **** not hurting him.

He signed the deal a year and a half ago. If you have any integrity at all, your word means something. Especially when you've been handed millions of dollars (including a signing bonus) because your employer expects you to keep your word.

There was no signing bonus.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I hope we don't get a D prospect like Nurse or Klefbom because Capu******* will stick him in the minors.

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
is it normal for a professional athlete to request a trade when they are 25 and 2 years into a 7 year contract?

If a family member is chronically ill? Yes, it is.

Right. It's all or nothing if I don't think a very wealthy young man should both make millions of dollars and demand to play in a particular place after signing a long-term contract 18 months ago. I'm not sure what my paying him has to do with it, but as a season ticket holder, I'm sure as **** not hurting him.

He signed the deal a year and a half ago. If you have any integrity at all, your word means something. Especially when you've been handed millions of dollars (including a signing bonus) because your employer expects you to keep your word.

Integrity is different things to different people. So you would rather him be miserable as an Islander? And likely not play to his full potential since his mind is elsewhere? And what if he becomes a problem in the locker room?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Is it just me or have the offers been ridiculous?

Just spit balling but of the teams closest to WPG who do we like?

WPG- Trouba? Anyone else?
MIN- Nino(just kidding)
DET- Nyquist? Mantha?
CHI- have no idea

Jiggs

Mar 1, 2003
Paradise
Okposo + Hamonic

For...

Trouba + Ladd
Would be nice. It will end up being Burmistrov, Myers and Bufflin for Hammer and Ko.

Snow already has the Nino deal to learn from, he has been patient. Give him s0me time off instead of making another Nino deal.

I will say that Pulock and Mayfield should be ready to step in and soften the blow.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY
Its gonna be interesting to find out what is going on here. If someone in his family is eminently terminally ill, take the leave of absence and be with your family, for as long as you need and come back when you are ready. It's not like he is a fresh face kid being away from home for the first time and missing his family. This is just so out of the blue, I am really puzzled as to why this is happening now. I'm definitely not a conspiracy guy but after the shock wore off, something is missing here for me. Even if he missed the whole year, it would make sense for the team to let him take care of his family issue than take a ridiculous discounted offer.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
If a family member is chronically ill? Yes, it is.

Integrity is different things to different people. So you would rather him be miserable as an Islander? And likely not play to his full potential since his mind is elsewhere? And what if he becomes a problem in the locker room?

do you know for a fact that a family member is chronically ill? and even so, do the other 750 players in the NHL all have a right to request a trade as soon as a family member is severly ill?

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Nope. Party on Garth.

LoL trade him and let him become someone else's responsibilit basically.

I'm starting to get a sick feeling we end up with a Dumba. I'm would give up on life and divorce my wife and do like Jewels is Pulp Fiction and just Walk the Earth.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
LoL trade him and let him become someone else's responsibilit basically.

I'm starting to get a sick feeling we end up with a Dumba. I'm would give up on life and divorce my wife and do like Jewels is Pulp Fiction and just Walk the Earth.

I see the suicide rate in Nassau and Suffolk climbing if that happens. Not Brooklyn though because they don't care :sarcasm:

macleod50

Apr 24, 2006
Long Island, NY
do you know for a fact that a family member is chronically ill? and even so, do the other 750 players in the NHL all have a right to request a trade as soon as a family member is severly ill?

That's a rumor that is floating around several places.

Is there some punishable law I'm missing that says they can't request a trade? Any player can request a trade, and the GM can say no.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Would Teravainen be of interest to Isles?

Not a defender of course but would add some offensive flair/creativity to Isles lineup

With Panarin/TT/Dano/Hartman and a few other kids the Hawks could probably afford to send a guy like TT packing

If Daley stuff is true that would open up cap room to fit Hamonic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad