Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I know it's a serious situation and I don't me to make this as a joke, but why can't a player like Strait request a trade? Why does it always have to be a top prospect or player.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I know it's a serious situation and I don't me to make this as a joke, but why can't a player like Strait request a trade? Why does it always have to be a top prospect or player.

Because Strait knows that he'd be in the minors on any team that doesn't have coach caveman.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
i kind of hope he is traded before the game friday, because he is going to get booed and i will be embarrassed by our fanbase

he should get booed, but knowing the Isles fan's based on the majority of the people on this thread, and based on how Nabby and Lubo were 2 extremely popular guys even though they did not want to be here he is going to get a standing ovation.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
"He's so overrated that I want him on my team" :shakehead

Got to love that.

Also, I just saw this on the Oilers board. Don't know how much weight it holds though...

I'm not as high on Nurse as others but I guess. Also, the isles can be high on whoever they want, doesn't me the team will give it to them.

BTrotts19

May 17, 2013
LI, NY

Simple. Because as bad a defenseman as he is, he is not an imbecile.....he knows when/if he is separated from Flintstone, his NHL career is basically over

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
anyone who is thinking it is not about "Brooklyn" is kidding themselves.

Either Hamonic is lying as he is not wanting to pour dirt on the Brooklyn thing, or the Islanders are telling Hamonic to keep quiet as they know having a player request a trade to get out of this situation is going to create a crap storm as far players wanting to be traded and not wanting to play here.

Agree 100%. Hamonic will demand a trade back to NYI as soon as they move back to Nassau. Pretty ****ing obvious people.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Ugh, devastating news to wake up to :eek:

Really a gut punch, but I can't fault Hammer. The guys got character in spades and signed a long term contract. That evidence alone tells me that he has a very good reason and it's not the Islanders or Brooklyn, for needing to request a trade.

Honestly, we know we aren't going to get fair return for Hamonic defensively. I guess this is a long term situation, but why can't we just give him a leave of absence? I'd rather lose him for the season, than forever. Give him as much time as he needs (if it's that important to request a trade he shouldn't be playing hockey anyway) and that way we don't lose him and get fleeced in a trade.

If that ends up not being an option the way I would handle this is to get overpaid in picks and forwards. Then, flip those assets and overpay for a stud to replace him. There is no way we'll get equal value D for D.

EDIT: Just noticed Btrotts said the same thing. I have to agree with him 100%. If this is something that would take a season to overcome, let him go. Don't lose him for unfair value.

Last edited:

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
he should get booed, but knowing the Isles fan's based on the majority of the people on this thread, and based on how Nabby and Lubo were 2 extremely popular guys even though they did not want to be here he is going to get a standing ovation.

Come again? If you want to participate in an adult conversation, you need to communicate like an adult.

I have no idea what you just said.

On Edge

Nov 26, 2005
Long Island
Of course you're correct, he can ask and the Islanders can either acquiesce or refuse. I hope they refuse his request at least until season's end because THE leak from Mr. Integrity's agent could make trade conditions less favorable to the Islanders.

People are critiquing the grown man for signing a contract, then trying to get out of it 18 months later. We don't yet know why he's doing it. No mystery here.

It is in his contract that he cannot request a trade? Because of a trade request - for what appears to be for very significant personal reason - this in your mind validates a sarcastic reference to Hamonic as "Mr Integrity". Hammer run over your puppy or something? I don't get this position. Seems irrational and a bit too over the top angry.

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles supported or even initiated this leak. If Snow has indeed been trying to trade Hamonic since September, obviously he hasn;t seen an offer he felt was reasonable. Probably not too easy to trade someone like Hamonic out of the blue. I'm sure other GM's would be apprehensive - is he suffering from an injury? what's wrong with him? why would the Isles want to get rid of him?

Like this it is out in the open.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I wouldn't be surprised if the Isles supported or even initiated this leak. If Snow has indeed been trying to trade Hamonic since September, obviously he hasn;t seen an offer he felt was reasonable. Probably not too easy to trade someone like Hamonic out of the blue. I'm sure other GM's would be apprehensive - is he suffering from an injury? what's wrong with him? why would the Isles want to get rid of him?

Disagree. GMs wouldn't question his health when he's playing 23 minutes a night for us.

DktrFaustus

Dec 22, 2011
brooklyn
whatever happens, i think one of pulock or mayfield needs to brought up to see what they can contribute to this team. have to echo the gut feeling of many others that we aren't getting a good value for hamonic.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
Unless they are overpaying I am hoping he is not going to get traded to the Jets, because that is where I am sure he is hoping he is going to go.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Ugh, devastating news to wake up to :eek:

Really a gut punch, but I can't fault Hammer. The guys got character in spades and signed a long term contract. That evidence alone tells me that he has a very good reason and it's not the Islanders or Brooklyn, for needing to request a trade.

Honestly, we know we aren't going to get fair return for Hamonic defensively. I guess this is a long term situation, but why can't we just give him a leave of absence? I'd rather lose him for the season, than forever. Give him as much time as he needs (if it's that important to request a trade he shouldn't be playing hockey anyway) and that way we don't lose him and get fleeced in a trade.

If that ends up not being an option the way I would handle this is to get overpaid in picks and forwards. Then, flip those assets and overpay for a stud to replace him. There is no way we'll get equal value D for D.

EDIT: Just noticed Btrotts said the same thing. I have to agree with him 100%. If this is something that would take a season to overcome, let him go. Don't lose him for unfair value.

oh my god...i can't even believe that i'm going to say this but you and i have actually agreed on something. i posted the idea of a paid leave on the trade board. perhaps this will give him time to get his life straightened out and maybe he returns in september as committed to remaining in new york state. if he still needs to be elsewhere next season, the isles have a better chance of getting a better deal at the draft than they do right now.

hell has frozen over today. people are questioning the integrity of a warrior like travis hamonic and you and i are on the same page. absolutely insane.

FourRings

Mar 26, 2013
New York City
It is in his contract that he cannot request a trade? Because of a trade request - for what appears to be for very significant personal reason - this in your mind validates a sarcastic reference to Hamonic as "Mr Integrity". Hammer run over your puppy or something? I don't get this position. Seems irrational and a bit too over the top angry.

Totally over the top angry. There is no reason to think that Hamonic's request isn't due to a significant reason. He inked a long contract and committed to everything that the Islanders were doing (move and otherwise). No one knows that Hamonic's agent leaked this info or not, but I tend to be in the camp of thinking that other executives leaked the information in hopes of lowering the Islanders' asking price.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal

Rather lame strategy if you ask me. Hamonic was the d-man with the most ice time. I just think that Snow wants the equivalent for Hamonic. Like Hamonic for Hamonic. And that's the reason why there's been no trade so far.
We might not like it but it's perhaps the Hamonic clan who begins to show signs of impatience. That's just speculation, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad