Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
If you want to get another good D back there is only a 3 way deal. That would increase the teams involved and they won't get fleeced.

Space Herpe

Arch Duke of Raleigh
Aug 29, 2008
Just saw on the main board a 3 way trade (proposed by a Blues fan):

Edmonton: Hamonic

St. Louis: Draisatl

NYI: Shattenkirk

Where do I sign?

We might have to throw something else to the Blues, but, this is the only deal I like.

McThome

Aug 12, 2003
Edmonton
www.geocities.com
This doesn't even merit a response.

Then you'll probably be pretty speechless when a trade (with whomever it is made) happens. Eberle is one of the top handful of point producing wingers over the last 4 years. So if you think Hamonic is worth an incredible amount more than a guy like that, you're setting yourself up for a huge, huge let down. Take a look at what some of the very best blue liners have garnered in trade returns (and then see what the return has been when a public trade request is made). Thinking you're going to get some amazing return just doesn't jive with reality.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Then you'll probably be pretty speechless when a trade (with whomever it is made) happens. Eberle is one of the top handful of point producing wingers over the last 4 years. So if you think Hamonic is worth an incredible amount more than a guy like that, you're setting yourself up for a huge, huge let down. Take a look at what some of the very best blue liners have garnered in trade returns (and then see what the return has been when a public trade request is made). Thinking you're going to get some amazing return just doesn't jive with reality.

We. Don't. Need. Eberle.

airbus220

Feb 19, 2012
Now it makes sense why Hamonic played 23:20 per game this season, Boychuk only 21:53 and Leddy only 21:22.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
We have Zidlicky! :D

9L9bOKF.gif

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
enhanced-buzz-wide-6382-1329860109-8.jpg

no words. devistation. I hope everything is okay with Travis, i hope we can accommodate him, get decent return and that he resigns with us in 3 years when his contract is up...

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Good thing we drafted a kid like Ryan Pilon who can become the next Hamonic. Ohhh wait. He quit Hockey 5 min after being drafted.

I don't mean to sound insensitive but Hammer is under contract and Snow has no obligation to move him. Obviously he want to respect Hamonic but at the same time you have an obligation to get the best value possible for Hammer. You don't want to keep a player who doesn't wNt to be here and heart is in another place but you don't have to rush it either.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
Good thing we drafted a kid like Ryan Pilon who can become the next Hamonic. Ohhh wait. He quit Hockey 5 min after being drafted.

I don't mean to sound insensitive but Hammer is under contract and Snow has no obligation to move him. Obviously he want to respect Hamonic but at the same time you have an obligation to get the best value possible for Hammer. You don't want to keep a player who doesn't wNt to be here and heart is in another place but you don't have to rush it either.

Think this very true. If it's my guess, I think Hamonic asked to be traded but don't rush and take a bad deal. He is a good guy and doesn't want to screw his teammates over. Don't think he wants to screw his GM over either. We all saw the 30/30 special with him on ESPN. This guy has strong character.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I don't understand the "Only West Canada" stuff if he is looking to be closer to Winnipeg

St Paul to Winnipeg = 466.7 miles
Calgary to Winnipeg = 824 miles
Edmonton to Winnipeg = 841.5 miles
Chicago to Winnipeg = 863.6 miles
St Louis to Winnipeg = 1,066.7 miles
Denver to Winnipeg = 1,116.9 miles
Detroit to Winnipeg = 1,145.4 miles
Vancouver to Winnipeg = 1,427.7 miles

Why would he approve a deal to Vancouver and not other cities closer? To me if he is only saying he will go to West Canada then Isles need to play hardball and tell him to expand list or no attempt will be made to accommodate him

It may be awful to say to someone but he cant handicap the Isles with a 3 team trade demand (Especially if one of those teams makes no sense as far as getting closer to home)

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011

Agree, and to be honest, if a trade gets done, i think Hammer will regret it more than Snow...

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Yeah thats right, lets move the family!

And whats with the hate on Eberle?

Take a look at our offense, then take a look at our defense without Hamonic. Tell me why we would need Eberle? Hall would make sense because him and Tavares would destroy everything in existence and we would be able to take the hit on D.

Islesin93*

Jan 29, 2008
anyone who is thinking it is not about "Brooklyn" is kidding themselves.

Either Hamonic is lying as he is not wanting to pour dirt on the Brooklyn thing, or the Islanders are telling Hamonic to keep quiet as they know having a player request a trade to get out of this situation is going to create a crap storm as far players wanting to be traded and not wanting to play here.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Take a look at our offense, then take a look at our defense without Hamonic. Tell me why we would need Eberle? Hall would make sense because him and Tavares would destroy everything in existence and we would be able to take the hit on D.

Because we are losing Okposo or Nielsen or both at seasons end

Abe Vukota

Free 2ndGenIslander
Jul 23, 2007

Me: I know I have a two year services contract with you, but commuting to Valley Stream has become untenable. Please find me a job at the exact same salary closer to home, and don't expect to get an IT director of equal value in my place.
Boss: Sounds good.

My dad spend six months dying of cancer. It sucks. If that's happening in Hamonic's world, that sucks. Take a leave of absence. Then dust yourself off and stick to the terms of the contract you signed. The contract that made you a wealthy man. When you retire, you can go live anywhere you want.

"Nice guy? I don't give a ****. Good father? **** you! Go home and play with your kids."

anyone who is thinking it is not about "Brooklyn" is kidding themselves.

Either Hamonic is lying as he is not wanting to pour dirt on the Brooklyn thing, or the Islanders are telling Hamonic to keep quiet as they know having a player request a trade to get out of this situation is going to create a crap storm as far players wanting to be traded and not wanting to play here.

You completely invent this idiotic scenario knowing the guy has family in Western Canada, but we're kidding ourselves. Not the guy inventing a story out of whole cloth. Good post, good effort. And why is Brooklyn in quotes? Do you think that's not its real name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad