Confirmed with Link: Travis Hamonic has requested a trade Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Underboss

Dec 20, 2006
Florida
Hope whatever is ailing his family works out, if not thoughts and prayers for them all.

Snow is a tough spot. You have compassion for a guy who's family is having some sort of issue.

Hopefully he can make something work.

Hammer has been nothing but professional for us.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Playing your best players over sitting a guy bc he requested a trade? Uh-huh, ok.

What are you talking about? My point was in regards to playing Strait (if you think he's a better player than that's your issue) over RHD prospects that are supposed to be a big part of this team in the future. With the knowledge that Hamonic requested a trade, it makes even more sense to at least get them a game in a back to back or something.

Just like last year, ZERO foresight from the staff. ZERO. After all of Capuano's excuses, like the handedness thing... Strait is bulletproof in this lineup.

Be happy with Strait if that floats your boat.

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
I would find a gif, but I'm too sad to find one. Hell, I'm too sad to put an emoticon in this post.

1418620288315.gif

TROLLCHUK

Jul 1, 2006
What are you talking about? My point was in regards to playing Strait (if you think he's a better player than that's your issue) over RHD prospects that are supposed to be a big part of this team in the future. With the knowledge that Hamonic requested a trade, it makes even more sense to at least get them a game in a back to back or something.

Just like last year, ZERO foresight from the staff. ZERO. After all of Capuano's excuses, like the handedness thing... Strait is bulletproof in this lineup.

Why God why, can't Strait request a trade to be closer to his family???????

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
What really pisses me off the most about this situation is that Staple, the ****** that he is, didn't say ****...

scott99

May 13, 2005
I agree with you but I wouldnt consider Eberle crap. But him for Hamonic straight up, is a big easy no.
Eberle + Klefbom or Nurse for Hamonic is maybe not that bad, but I still don't like it.

What about Hamonic + Strome for Trouba + Ehlers. Makes sense?

What a shocking News! Was not expecting that at all!

I would do that in a heartbeat. Ehlers is better than Strome, Hamonic is only slightly better (talent wise) than Trouba.

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
I hate to hear that Hamonic has personal issues to tend to, but that gives Garth even less leverage to get a player of equal caliber. If he really has a personal issue, then this is frankly unprofessional to be released to the public, how did this get out?

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Hey guys. Would a trade with Edmonton be more enticing if we took back a bad contract.

I propose this:

T.Hamonic
M.Grabovski
For
J.Eberle
M.Fayne

Fayne can step in and play top 4. Until Pulock is ready. He's a decent top 4 defender who gets exposed in Edmonton.

Thoughts?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I hate to hear that Hamonic has personal issues to tend to, but that gives Garth even less leverage to get a player of equal caliber. If he really has a personal issue, then this is frankly unprofessional to be released to the public, how did this get out?

If nothing was getting done he may have given his agent permission to leak it. Puts pressure on Garth.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
Why would Garth want him to say anything? Completely hurts us and makes no sense.

Because Staple is NOT part of the team, he should do his job...

He owes Garth nothing, he owes his readers everything...

And i get what your saying, but Staple is a massive pawn and i want him as far away from this team as i do Cappy...

D0ctorCool

Dec 3, 2008
Vancouver
I bet you guys are loving all these lowball offers coming your way.
Reminds me of when Kesler asked to be traded and listed one ****ing team! :rant:

People on HFBoards are heartless vultures. Hopefully you can get a solid return. Isles are my #2 team.

Side note, I think the Canucks might be willing to part with Hamhuis.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island
I found out right before dinner. Couldn't even finish my damn pork chop because of the agita. Hammer is easily my favorite player on this team. You can all write up possible trades and no one you trade for will have the heart or character of Hammer. This is a sad day in Islander Country!

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Because Staple is NOT part of the team, he should do his job...

He owes Garth nothing, he owes his readers everything...

And i get what your saying, but Staple is a massive pawn and i want him as far away from this team as i do Cappy...

The connection to Garth doesn't matter here. There is no point in reporting something that would significantly hurt the team that you directly cover for and are presumably a fan of.

BossyMVP

Die SABRES die
Jun 27, 2011
Long Island

2Rl5FyQ.gif

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011
The connection to Garth doesn't matter here. There is no point in reporting something that would significantly hurt the team that you directly cover for and are presumably a fan of.

His job is not to protect the team, his job is to brake a story...which is something he never does...unless it's seconds before the story is going to be made public anyway...

I mean is he a REPORTER or the Isles P.A. guy???

BKIsles

Jan 22, 2013
If nothing was getting done he may have given his agent permission to leak it. Puts pressure on Garth.

That's what I'm thinking, but I just don't get how going to Edmonton, Vancouver or Calgary is somehow better than New York. New York is only a little bit farther to Winnipeg as Edmonton, it's going to take a plane to get back to Winnipeg regardless. I guess unless it's a citizenship issue, it doesn't make any sense to make a trade to anybody but Winnipeg.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I found out right before dinner. Couldn't even finish my damn pork chop because of the agita. Hammer is easily my favorite player on this team. You can all write up possible trades and no one you trade for will have the heart or character of Hammer. This is a sad day in Islander Country!

Yep, Hamonic wears his heart on his sleeve. Will really miss watching him play in orange and blue. Hamonic has been my favorite player since his rookie season, he will be missed. Reminds me a lot of when Jonsson left, he like Hamonic was my favorite player at the time.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
His job is not to protect the team, his job is to brake a story...which is something he never does...unless it's seconds before the story is going to be made public anyway...

I mean is he a REPORTER or the Isles P.A. guy???

What would be the point of him reporting it? It doesn't benefit anyone. I guarantee that Friedman knew about this for awhile as well but didn't say anything until he was asked to.

Le Grec

Jun 28, 2011

What if something IS getting done shortly and that's why it finally got leaked???

Hamonic doesn't seem like the type of guy to **** with Garth...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad