Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Chychrun
Zub
Pinto

To Ottawa-
Brodie
Jarnkrok
Robertson
Niemela
Minten
1st Round Pick

Domi-Matthews-Nylander
Bertuzzi-Pinto-Marner
Knies-Tavares-McMann
Holmberg-Kampf-Reaves

Rielly-Zub
Chychrun-Liljegren
McCabe-Lyubushkin
Benoit

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A late 1st in a weak year isn't all in IMO. The alternative is bringing a lineup with a large hole in it into round 1 and getting stomped. We don't know if prices are high, just the rumored asks, I do see Monahan as more of an overpay than Lindholm as Van got to dump a fat contract attached to a player they had no use for. I don't think the Tanev deal was a big cost compared to D that have moved every year at this time. Most of the boats are burned already. If they were reluctant to move the 1st I can't imagine Cowen who is their best asset by a lot.

When you have as few good assets as we do even a late first holds significant value to the organization and should be valued accordingly

That assets will also be worth more in the off-season rather than the TDL

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Mcmann goal was worse. Listen, I don’t watch him play every game. But if the two games I watched against the blues was any indication, it’s not good. And I was liking the thought of him here before those games.

I've seen a few other games with him, is he Pietrangelo? No but is he a solid top 4 RD? Yes.

His partner last year was Mikkola a lot or Leddy, this year it's been Leddy a lot.

Defensive zone starts are an issue, he won't get that usage with Rielly as his partner.

Reactions: Leaffan1991

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
No, love Crouse, but Dumba is a black hole, not worth even obtaining Crouse imo. Now if you could flip Dumba elsewhere………

awkward-black-1.gif

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Parayko would either be the missing piece on the backend or would absolutely kill this team for the rest of this core’s prime.

It's hard to gauge the value too. I feel like a Phaneuf type value trade could be ok. Cap space would be a big issue to make it work.

It just doesn't feel like the right time to pull it off without disrupting the chemistry that seems to be at a good spot.

Reactions: aingefan

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Mantha is going to be Bryan Bickell in these playoffs, I think he's going to do well with his size/finish around the net.

It's a contract year and he's going to want a good extension.

I also think you'd be nuts to go more than 1-2 years at a time with him as he's the kinda guy that needs a kick in the ass too often.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
That's where I thought Lindholm would end up in the first place (Boston), but it seems like a stretch to think that Vancouver would dump him this quickly.
I’d love this guy with Willie, but not sure how to make it so right now.
Wennberg too.
And both moving forward.
It’s a bit of a drag that there’s both a glut on the left side and also the in flexibility with the expiring guys.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Parayko has his own issues, but I'd rather bring in a guy like him who at least has the potential to be a top 3 guy then get another guy whose going to blur the lines between a #5-#4. Especially if the Blues are open to retaining a bit of cash.

If he flops just try and get creative in a few years to dump the contract
Yup I'm opening up to him more and more. The cost would be low.

Reactions: Menzinger

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
It's hard to gauge the value too. I feel like a Phaneuf type value trade could be ok. Cap space would be a big issue to make it work.

It just doesn't feel like the right time to pull it off without disrupting the chemistry that seems to be at a good spot.
It’s tough thinking how to fit that deal for that long, and how to value out that term.
I’d think smaller or more complementary or more upside.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
CJ on the Leaf Report podcast hinted at the Leafs are getting pretty close to being done with liljegren and it could be the end of the line this year with him in the summer.

Personally I like Lily, but he also hasn't been able to fully cement himself as a true second pairing guy. Keefe/coaches also don't exactly trust him either.

I can see him getting dangled by Tre for a more proven vet with term

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
overdrive boys saying it hasnt worked out as they liked with elias. tocchett and rutherford love guentzel
Didn't they say the same thing about Zadorov. They have a pretty short leash with guys they bring in. I wonder if we gave guys like Marincin enough time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad