Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ErnieLeafs

Apr 7, 2009
Not disagreeing with you, but find it kind of ironic that Cowan was 28th. overall pick.

This year at this point they'd be picking 23rd.?
This is true, and I trust our scouting staff to find useful prospects, given their history, but if you can get a cost controlled NHL’er who makes your team better, you’re kinda obligated to do it, within reason. We need to put together a contender in Matthews’ window, and while we may not have the horses to win it all this year, if you can add a guy like Parayko, and supplement in the offseason, next year could look pretty rosey

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
This is true, and I trust our scouting staff to find useful prospects, given their history, but if you can get a cost controlled NHL’er who makes your team better, you’re kinda obligated to do it, within reason. We need to put together a contender in Matthews’ window, and while we may not have the horses to win it all this year, if you can add a guy like Parayko, and supplement in the offseason, next year could look pretty rosey

So would you do:

Crouse and Dumba 50% retention
for
Knies and Kampf

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
That's where I thought Lindholm would end up in the first place (Boston), but it seems like a stretch to think that Vancouver would dump him this quickly.

I commented on it but it basically feels like this is the kind of rumor that gets put out there at this time of year to generate clicks / hype for TDL.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Why would Vancouver have to trade Lindholm to be able to get Guentzel? Lack of cap space or assets? I dont get it just get both if you wanna go all in.

The Masters

Jun 30, 2018
Why would Vancouver have to trade Lindholm to be able to get Guentzel? Lack of cap space or assets? I dont get it just get both if you wanna go all in.
overdrive boys saying it hasnt worked out as they liked with elias. tocchett and rutherford love guentzel

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
So would you do:

Crouse and Dumba 50% retention
for
Knies and Kampf
No, love Crouse, but Dumba is a black hole, not worth even obtaining Crouse imo. Now if you could flip Dumba elsewhere………

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
overdrive boys saying it hasnt worked out as they liked with elias. tocchett and rutherford love guentzel
Flipping him after 14 games would look ridiculous, especially if they dont need to (cap space wise). If they soured on him I would just keep him as a rental, as he should be very valuable for the playoffs anyway, and try to acquire Guentzel for the long term.

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
He's playing next to Leddy.

He actually broke up the cycle quite a bit and moved the puck up the ice

I think a lot of people liked to give him flack for that Knies goal.
Mcmann goal was worse. Listen, I don’t watch him play every game. But if the two games I watched against the blues was any indication, it’s not good. And I was liking the thought of him here before those games.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
f*** it. Load up on d size and go for it:

Brodie+Lily for Zadarov + Myers

Rielly E.Johnson
McCabe Myers
Zadorov Boosh
Benoit
Not the answer, but I’d do it just to get rid of Brodie, he’s a anchor and will be a main reason for no playoff success imo…….

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Guentzel is a solid potential add for Vancouver but I think they're too soft up front and this acquisition won't change that.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Man I gotta admit if Canucks get Guentzel they look really good heading into the playoffs. JT Miller and Guentzel are guys who live for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad