Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
At this point you’re hoping to find that lightning in a bottle partner for Rielly .. someone that gels with him even just for a playoff run. Basically like Schenn last year.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Dumba and pray?
He is so far removed from his A game I would not consider him as an intentional top 4 addition. Brodin carried him his last season in Minnesota. He could theoretically do more than he has done in the last couple of years but he and Savard are basically running on fumes. For the club to even look at them they would have to be fixated on what these guys used to be, because they are replacement level talents now except with salaries in excess of $3M. Its not 2020 any more they don't need to pay for what guys used to be able to do.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Experimenting with this look against potential playoff opponents is a perfectly defensible strategy. What I don't like is keeping the lines intact just because the team is winning. That is bad process IMO.

Lars Eller would be a fine get, but I wouldn't give up Hirvonen for him personally.

I’d be tempted to pull a Calgary and ban trades with Pittsburgh. Don’t want what they’re selling. Don’t want to give them what they ask for. Don’t want that connection and ongoing storylines about how they stole X or they got a haul for Y.

Reactions: Scion and Jmo89

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Games like tonight are a nice reminder that this team shouldn't be wasting assets at the deadline. And why I wasn't a fan of the Boosh trade.

Please no more buying Trev.

They just have a trash gear that just doesn’t look right and you know it’s always there.

Reactions: Scion

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Games like tonight are a nice reminder that this team shouldn't be wasting assets at the deadline. And why I wasn't a fan of the Boosh trade.

One game means very little in terms of planning direction. But yeah let’s ignore the 10 of 11 we’ve won coming into tonight.

Every team has games like this, I just wish ours didn’t have to be against the bruins…

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
They just have a trash gear that just doesn’t look right and you know it’s always there.

About to be 12-12-2 vs the East this season and 6-8-2 against the Atlantic this season.

You're kidding yourselves if you think this team can go on a run to the Finals, let along with the first f***ing round.

Their West record is stellar though.

Reactions: ACC1224

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
One game means very little in terms of planning direction. But yeah let’s ignore the 10 of 11 we’ve won coming into tonight.

Every team has games like this, I just wish ours didn’t have to be against the bruins…

The 50 before that have been fairly telling though.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
About to be 12-12-2 vs the East this season and 6-8-2 against the Atlantic this season.

You're kidding yourselves if you think this team can go on a run to the Finals, let along with the first f***ing round.

Their West record is stellar though.

Well, the east knows their tricks. And they seem to enjoy their rock band on tour persona whenever they go out west. Neither of these are traits you love but it is what it is.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto

A little overreaction here. Some teams just do well against the others. The Leafs and the Bruins are very close in the standings. This game doesn't define our season.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
He is so far removed from his A game I would not consider him as an intentional top 4 addition. Brodin carried him his last season in Minnesota. He could theoretically do more than he has done in the last couple of years but he and Savard are basically running on fumes. For the club to even look at them they would have to be fixated on what these guys used to be, because they are replacement level talents now except with salaries in excess of $3M. Its not 2020 any more they don't need to pay for what guys used to be able to do.

The problem is there's bugger all else available and I don't think the front office is going to sit on there hands

Scion

May 25, 2012
This was the most disappointing game for me as a fan. The team had an opportunity to make a serious push for home ice and send a message to a team that has beat them twice this season (and five in a row heading into tonight) and they couldn't even be bothered to show up. It says alot about the core that this happens as often as it has over the years.

Reactions: ACC1224

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Brodie-Liljegren got dummied tonight. Don’t know if it’s possible to completely remake a pairing but if the Leafs don’t they’ll each have to be heavily sheltered come playoff time.

Reactions: rumman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad