Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Leafs should nab him and Mantha. Mantha at double retention.
Mantha has had a decent bounce back season. He has size which Tre loves and can skate relatively well for his size. He also had some solid chemistry with Bertuzzi back in their Detroit days. If only the Nylander at center experiment worked out better, a line of Bertuzzi - Nylander - Mantha could be real solid.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
fried said robertson not happy , i bet he gets dealt

Who cares if he’s not happy? Tired of trading guys simply because they aren't currently happy and the team feels the need to “do right by them.” Robertson is cheap and can provide depth scoring if not this year then next. Guys across the league are unhappy all the time and their organizations couldn’t care less. DeBrusk on Boston is an example. He complained and the Bruins told him to suck it up and they and him have thrived together.

Like if it takes Roberson to get a top 4 RHD then do it. But don’t trade him simply because he’s not currently having a good time.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
CJ mentions Bogosian, Dumba and Savard on Overdrive
I've mentioned Bogosian a couple of times. I would have liked him over Lyubushkin

But regardless, according to Friedman it sounds like Minnesota is talking extension with Bogosian because he's played very well.

He didn't mention Gudas?

Nothing wrong with irony.
Friedman said teams have called on Gudas and have been told "Not a chance"

Reactions: ULF_55

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
I've mentioned Bogosian a couple of times. I would have liked him over Lyubushkin

But regardless, according to Friedman it sounds like Minnesota is talking extension with Bogosian because he's played very well.

Friedman said teams have called on Gudas and have been told "Not a chance"

Bogosian wouldn’t have made any sense. The guy made it very clear he doesn’t want to be here (in Canada) after covid. No shot at the organization, just doesn’t want to be separated from his young family by a border again which is understandable.

Scion

May 25, 2012
I'd personally prefer consistent results over any kind of process.
As would anyone else... The problem is that you cannot control the result, only the process.

I like the fit of this player, but not sure where I’d rank it in terms of priorities.

He seems a good bet to fill the dearly departed Zach Hyman role, which was the engine on the lines he was on the last few years here.
You are right, it's a luxury and not a need.

Scion

May 25, 2012
Yes, when taking a look at the big picture, which I don't think you are. Your focus is on a single line, and limited data points, instead of how it's affected the whole team, and multiple data sets. The team is performing.
The team is definitely playing better, but I don't think it is exclusively tied to Domi centering the second line. It likely has more to do with 34 and 16 getting hot and Bertuzzi and McMann running into some shooting luck. I also believe that injuries and suspensions forced Keefe to play secondary players in more prominent roles which has contributed to more players feeling like they are apart of the solution which is good for the team.

Savard if we can get him retained and at a reasonable price.
I wanted Savard too until I went back and watched his shifts on instat. His skating has slowed down considerably.

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
Who cares if he’s not happy? Tired of trading guys simply because they aren't currently happy and the team feels the need to “do right by them.” Robertson is cheap and can provide depth scoring if not this year then next. Guys across the league are unhappy all the time and their organizations couldn’t care less. DeBrusk on Boston is an example. He complained and the Bruins told him to suck it up and they and him have thrived together.

Like if it takes Roberson to get a top 4 RHD then do it. But don’t trade him simply because he’s not currently having a good time.
I agree but I'll add that I'm pretty sure Debrusk rescinded his trade request beacue the Bruins fired Cassidy. A lot of Bruins players didn't like playing for him

Reactions: CatchyTune

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Bogosian wouldn’t have made any sense. The guy made it very clear he doesn’t want to be here (in Canada) after covid. No shot at the organization, just doesn’t want to be separated from his young family by a border again which is understandable.

Except that is not a realistic possibility now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad