Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
If they decide to put in an effort they can beat Boston, I don't think one game in March is going to make a difference in the playoffs
Wrong, it decides everything. Pack up the season and go home.

On the trade front, Savard would be a good add, but hard to imagine giving up a first round pick for that guy.

Reactions: TMLAM34

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Jensen + Dowd in the same deal and call it a day.
I’m good with this, particularly if Washington retains some on Jensen.

He could be a decent 3RHD for us while we try to sign a top 4RHD UFA.

Dowd plays hard, works hard, sound defensive play, at $1.3m and wouldn’t cost much.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Doubt it happens but it would be real nice to replace and upgrade on Brodie.

Rielly - Lyubushkin
McCabe - ________
Benoit - Liljegren

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If they decide to put in an effort they can beat Boston, I don't think one game in March is going to make a difference in the playoffs

Why isn't it an automatic that you come out hard to play a division rival? What is the mentality in the room like that produces a no show? I would go so far as to say that it's an option for them to mail it in like tonight that has been their downfall and will continue to be their downfall.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One game means very little in terms of planning direction. But yeah let’s ignore the 10 of 11 we’ve won coming into tonight.

Every team has games like this, I just wish ours didn’t have to be against the bruins…
No excuse not to show more of a pulse tonight. You can have ‘games like this’ against the dogs of the league at times, not in the biggest game of the season.

This was the most disappointing game for me as a fan. The team had an opportunity to make a serious push for home ice and send a message to a team that has beat them twice this season (and five in a row heading into tonight) and they couldn't even be bothered to show up. It says alot about the core that this happens as often as it has over the years.
Keefe more so, IMO.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
We never show up to the games that matter.

Actually, I just think this team is incapable of stepping up their game. This is not a playoff team and will never be with this core.

Management double/triple/quadrupled down on this core and it was a huge mistake. We have a bunch of baby wannabe men that are running the show.

Keefe is a figure head and lost the room eons ago. Shanny just keeps him around because he knows it’s the core that is really running the show.

Bring in someone like Berube and the players would stop playing, that’s just this generation. Don’t want to work hard for anything.

Reactions: rumman

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
I’m good with this, particularly if Washington retains some on Jensen.

He could be a decent 3RHD for us while we try to sign a top 4RHD UFA.

Dowd plays hard, works hard, sound defensive play, at $1.3m and wouldn’t cost much.
Jensen has 2 more years at $4.05M.. He's on a pace for 0g 12a. He used to have Brodie type offense but thats gone and he will be 34 before next season starts. Not really a rental and not enough game left to be relied on to give real value into his old age. Expiring deal or younger or still had offense maybe but it seems lot like trading for last years Brodie. A good move four years ago maybe.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Why isn't it an automatic that you come out hard to play a division rival? What is the mentality in the room like that produces a no show? I would go so far as to say that it's an option for them to mail it in like tonight that has been their downfall and will continue to be their downfall.

It happens, they have been playing well lately but they threw up a dud
Just like them playing like crap against bad teams

That still doesn't mean they won't be tough out, we always go 7 games against Boston no matter what happens during the regular season

Reactions: All Mod Cons

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Jensen has 2 more years at $4.05M.. He's on a pace for 0g 12a. He used to have Brodie type offense but thats gone and he will be 34 before next season starts. Not really a rental and not enough game left to be relied on to give real value into his old age. Expiring deal or younger or still had offense maybe but it seems lot like trading for last years Brodie. A good move four years ago maybe.
Would you rather that Lyubushkin play top pair RD? Because that is your alternative right now.

Even though your assessment might be true, we have a gaping hole at RD. I think we are going to get a middle tier option like Jensen or a buy-low candidate like Peeke or nothing at all. Tanev was the only premier RD available.

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
Our trade deadline add is the core 4 acting like they care about their teammates in the playoffs and not just their next contract. No greater add available

Reactions: weems

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
At this point you’re hoping to find that lightning in a bottle partner for Rielly .. someone that gels with him even just for a playoff run. Basically like Schenn last year.
I’m starting to think trading Rielly will end up being easier than finding a someone who can play along side him and effectively cover up his glaring defensive weaknesses………

34 and 16 have been thoroughly outplayed by Pastrnak.
And people think Styles is a comparable player to Pastrnak, that one this has me rolling on the floor laughing……..

Reactions: Leaffan1991

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
We never show up to the games that matter.

Actually, I just think this team is incapable of stepping up their game. This is not a playoff team and will never be with this core.

Management double/triple/quadrupled down on this core and it was a huge mistake. We have a bunch of baby wannabe men that are running the show.

Keefe is a figure head and lost the room eons ago. Shanny just keeps him around because he knows it’s the core that is really running the show.

Bring in someone like Berube and the players would stop playing, that’s just this generation. Don’t want to work hard for anything.
I get a Harlem Globetrotters vibe from this team, too bad the Bruins aren’t the Washington Generals………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad