Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Bjugstad is interesting because in 2nd line minutes he has 31 points in 60 games. Perhaps move Domi down and Leafs could have 3 scoring lines

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bert - Bjugstad - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Jarnkrok

Also, in the off-season you could move Kampf and replace with Minten for 4th line duties
guy is 6ft3 a C, dominates the draw, draws points half the time he’s on the ice. Sure he’s not a great skater but his reach in important situations is huge. Did I say he’s great at winning face offs. I mean give me Dumba… sure I don’t care about him but give me Bjugstad and I can accept it

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
If Treliving trades for Dumba, that is going to be the beginning of things going the wrong way with him as GM in my eyes, starting with trusting his judgement.

Boosh is a UFA and likely isn’t going to be a part of the plans going forward. Dumba is a UFA as well. Did we really need to waste assets to get them both now when we could have had them both free as UFA’s this summer?

In the interim, neither of them belong on Rielly’s RHD, which is just ludicrous that it’s gone on as long as it has.

Stop wasting time and assets. Either get a real RHD and pay now or hang on to whatever meagre draft capital we have and sign the RHD we need in UFA.

Stop p***y-footing around here.

Honestly would have preferred Peeke to Boosh, and play him on the 3rd pairing.

Dumba I prefer to not even hear his name…

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
If Treliving trades for Dumba, that is going to be the beginning of things going the wrong way with him as GM in my eyes, starting with trusting his judgement.

Boosh is a UFA and likely isn’t going to be a part of the plans going forward. Dumba is a UFA as well. Did we really need to waste assets to get them both now when we could have had them both free as UFA’s this summer?

In the interim, neither of them belong on Rielly’s RHD, which is just ludicrous that it’s gone on as long as it has.

Stop wasting time and assets. Either get a real RHD and pay now or hang on to whatever meagre draft capital we have and sign the RHD we need in UFA.

Totally agree, only reason I would accept Dumba is if Bjugstad is coming back. If not then there is literally zero point of Dumba. At times shit gets weird and you gotta get creative.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019

I would be careful to trash a guy like Dumba given the disaster of a team he is on. Put a guy like that in a more stable situation like the Leafs and I think we would see a different player.

Reactions: OVO16

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
We were trashing Lyubushkin too but he looked really solid today on the ice.

The team the player plays for matters a lot. Dumba isn't as bad as yall think

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
Don't want Dumba but would like Bjugstad if they decide to add to the forward group.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
I mean if Dumba is coming as cheap as Lyubushkin came, then it's a no brainer.

Also I hope they can swap out Gregor for a natural center (I'm thinking Carrick from Anahiem)

Reactions: aingefan

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
f*** Gudas he can rot on bottom feeders until he retires. He's not good I'd rather Dumba and that's not a compliment to Dumba.
Gudas' brand name has probably surpassed his actual value these days, but with how Rielly goes beastmode in the playoffs watching wrecking ball Gudas, tried and tested, next to him would be pretty fun. There's potential there for perfect chemistry and a wild ride.

blue stick

Jan 28, 2019
FU Montreal

FU_ZMPNYREAL.png

Scion

May 25, 2012
Gudas' brand name has probably surpassed his actual value these days, but with how Rielly goes beastmode in the playoffs watching wrecking ball Gudas, tried and tested, next to him would be pretty fun. There's potential there for perfect chemistry and a wild ride.
Gudas is a really good player, if anything I think he is a bit underrated. I think Florida will feel his loss in April.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
The question being, who will be available as UFA?

Pesce - skating declining, still very good, but maybe for 2-3 years, allegedly looking for 5-6
Tanev
Myers, Dumba, Montour, Roy, DeMelo, Walker, Carrier, Hakanpaa

They wouldn't help this playoff run, and the question being, who of quality can we sign, for a good contract? July 1st is usually overpayment day.... The nice thing about trading some of the guys who might be available, is there are quite a few $4 mil contracts.

Realistically, how many of the guys listed above, would make effective partners for Rielly, and cost affordable?

Pesce, Montour, Roy and Tanev for sure, Forsling is another guy you didn't mention that would be a nice add if he hits the market.

There is no shortage of defense options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad