Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

phillipmike

Oct 27, 2009
None of those pairings look like they could stop a cycle.

And after how well Benoit has been doing, you want to take him out?

Not me. The leafs are looking to add another D and if their successful, Rielly, Liljegren, McCabe, Brodie or Boosch aren’t coming out so by process of elimination, it will likely be Benoit.

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
Might have been before the Lyubushkin move. I don't see how it makes any sense anymore. They'll need to retain and we're running out of picks.
No Friedman said just before the game. Why would he mention something like that now?

Clearly the Leafs are looking at Dumba even after the Lybushkin trade. That’s why I brought up Bjugstad if you’re going to get Dumba might as well add depth to your forward group as well

Reactions: Burnie97

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
No Friedman said just before the game. Why would he mention something like that now?

He hasn't been on the air since the trade? Sound bytes? Arizona leaking old info? Dumba to the Leafs has been in the rumour mill for a couple weeks.

I'm sure they spoke and have/had interest, but looking at the roster, cap space and tradeable assets... I dunno?

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
He hasn't been on the air since the trade? Sound bytes? Arizona leaking old info? Dumba to the Leafs has been in the rumour mill for a couple weeks.

I'm sure they spoke and have/had interest, but looking at the roster, cap space and tradeable assets... I dunno?
Ok….

Reactions: SprDaVE

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Bjugstad would be a perfect fit here
He would have been a perfect fit instead of Kampf. I can only think the Leafs wanted as little disruption as possible waiting for Matthews to sign or Keefe told Tre the Struggler was an important part of the team and they can win with what he brings. I don't see Bjugs in because Kampf has his money and his role and they won't undo that unless he is money out on a much bigger deal.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Not me. The leafs are looking to add another D and if their successful, Rielly, Liljegren, McCabe, Brodie or Boosch aren’t coming out so by process of elimination, it will likely be Benoit.
No chance, Lybushkin is a 7th dman and Benoit is far better

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
They made a pitch to him in free agency last summer. Tre seems to like him. Don't be surprised if they circle back

I just don't see it after Lyubushkin but maybe something does happen and it makes sense. I just hope they don't make a terrible mistake with asset management even more than they already did.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
Bjugstad is interesting because in 2nd line minutes he has 31 points in 60 games. Perhaps move Domi down and Leafs could have 3 scoring lines

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bert - Bjugstad - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Jarnkrok

Also, in the off-season you could move Kampf and replace with Minten for 4th line duties

Last edited:
Reactions: LeafChief

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Bjugstad is interesting because in 2nd line minutes he has 31 points in 60 games. Perhaps move Domi down and Leafs could have 3 scoring lines

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bert - Bjugstad - Nylander
Domi - Tavares - Jarnkrok

Also, in the off-season you could move Kampf and replace with Minten for 4th line duties

Would be a nice addition, though Domi has played better at C, than Wing for us, and traditionally has. We really need to save whatever assets and cap we have for a RD addition though.

Reactions: Jmo89

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Friedman talking that Tampa is now the favourite for Hanifin, and he'd want to extend there? With what cap are they going to get that done? They have $10.647 million in cap space for next year now, with 16 bodies... Hanifin is going to get $6.5-$7.5... so how do you fill a roster with ~$4mil or less... and only 17 bodies?

Keep in mind, Stamkos is a UFA too.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If Dumba or another defenseman gets acquired like Friedman said...who's coming out the lineup?

Benoit? Dude is solid wouldn't make sense

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Friedman talking that Tampa is now the favourite for Hanifin, and he'd want to extend there? With what cap are they going to get that done? They have $10.647 million in cap space for next year now, with 16 bodies... Hanifin is going to get $6.5-$7.5... so how do you fill a roster with ~$4mil or less... and only 17 bodies?

And they have no first round picks the next 2 years. They only have a 2nd round pick next year. And no top end prospects other than Howard.

I'm very confused.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005

I'm going to repeat what I said in the gameday thread here; if Conroy trades Hanifin and doesn't get a first rounder for him, can someone punch him in the face for Leaf fans after us spending the entire season listening to Tre negotiate with him only to be met with "FIRST ROUNDER OR GO AWAY", only for three out of four guys the Leafs were linked to being traded with not a first rounder in sight?

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Somebody verify this for me but apparently, EF said Robertson would be back this season? As in not traded?

He meant they are not planning to leave him on the Marlies. So unless they are waiving Jones, Gregor or Lagesson, which is not impossible, there's a move to make.

It's also possible they do trade Robertson as part of a package to get that elusive quality RHD, but I'd be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad