Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I wanted someone more meaner than Lyubhskin. His puck handling skills were also horrific.

He;s better than Giordano for sure but not Lagesson. He's lucky he's right handed

David Savard might be a better option here.

Taylor Halls Teeth

Jul 11, 2018
Edmonton
I dunno why people are so up in arms about Lyubushkin. He's a big physical defenseman that skates well. He's more effective than Giordano and Lagesson in the same role. He'll likely be dirt cheap to acquire and give the Leafs a RHD they can play for ~17 minutes.

This is peak Treliving. There are much better pending UFA options but doesn't seem they are feasible without giving up a first.
#7 D on the #30 team doesn't seem to do anything they need. They only thought he was good for 13:00 last time when they were paying him half as much so they already know he can't help them. He might be better than Willie Laggeson but that isn't the hole that needs filling. A strange choice considering they have been down that road before.

Last edited:

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I’m pissed we didn’t get Tanev. As expected, we have to settle for second tier solutions, that aren’t really even solutions at all.

Reactions: Jmo89

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
In another year or so, this team will basically have no picks and still be 2 years away from being a real contender.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
It was rumored Treliving wanted both Zadorov and Tanev... Hopefully Boosh is the lesser half of defence acquisitions, but I also wouldn't be surprised of they just roll with this.

Neither disappointed or excited about the move. Pretty meh.

Reactions: HEAVY DUTY

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Leafs could prob flip him now, and retain 50% and get back a 2nd for him at under 350k

Reactions: ashs

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I have to chuckle

Beggars can't be choosers guys

We didn't want to give up our best assets and we didn't but you also need to accept your not getting filet mignon for big mac prices

We've got a dude, who may be useful in a tough series the team and coaching staff already know

Not perfect but that's OK for what we paid

pspot

Dec 20, 2004
Kitchener
I have to chuckle

We didn't want to give up our best assets and we didn't but you also need to accept your not getting filet mignon for big mac prices

We've got a dude, who may be useful in a tough series the team and coaching staff already know

They just keep doubling down on something that hasn’t worked

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I have to chuckle

Exactly.

Reactions: Kiwi

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Rielly Dumba
Brodie Booch
Benoit McCabe

Knock the living daylights out of florida.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Well - it will make next week interesting. It’s obvious another deal is coming.

Reactions: Buds17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad