Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
You better hope as a fan your GM can do better than Lyb.

It's just a depth move. I don't think anyone expects world class talent. It's pretty clear Giordano is not 100% and won't be, and Timmins is just not someone they can count on. There's a hole on RD and I guess that's more or less what's best for what they wanna pay for a rental.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yes, fans want good players that make their team better. Not ex-players that won’t move the needle a millimeter.
They’re a little desperate and it was probably an easy deal to make.
I doubt it will prevent them from doing something else if it presents itself.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
It's just a depth move. I don't think anyone expects world class talent. It's pretty clear Giordano is not 100% and won't be, and Timmins is just not someone they can count on. There's a hole on RD and I guess that's more or less what's best for what they wanna pay for a rental.
Hopefully it is as depth, but I'm not so sure

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Lyubushkin is 4th among D (min 10 games played) in blocked shots per 60.

Sounds like it's getting done very soon.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
It certainly doesn't make us worse is the way to look at it. If it's low cost and there isn't much else out there, he's serviceable. I didn't mind him at all here, but my worry is we are already challenged with clean up passes, that's his weak spot. He can clear a crease though, could be a Schenn replacement with Reilly, although that's a lot of minutes and tough matchups.

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
I for one, am happy to have a Boosh back. He can play a regular 3rd pairing shift and brings plenty of snarl. With McCabe and Benoit playing big minutes, that gives us a blue line with lots of TRUCULENCE.

Reactions: ACC1224 and OVO16

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems like it will be done soon.

Leafs do not need heavy retention on Lyubushkin so this is likely not all they wanna accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad