Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
It's out there that Vancouver and Carolina engaged on Pettersson talks and that has kind of re-ignited the contract extension talks.

Quite frankly, great move by Vancouver, it's a wake up call to Elias that they're not gonna sit on their ass waiting on him, they need to know if he's gonna stay or not and need to plan for the future, with or without him.

I hope we take a similar path this off-season with someone like Marner, let's get it done, give us real numbers and be serious about getting a deal done. If you're not, let us know and we can look at trade options that might appeal to you.

He has a NMC so he controls the process but I really hope we can get buy in quickly so it let's Treliving focus on other areas, god knows we have lots of areas of need on this roster.
Having a Jim Rutherford makes a big difference

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Nah, man.

We've seen it again and again - all Morgan needs is a reliable defensive right-handed partner. Doesn't need to be a star, he looked good with Hainsey, Schenn, even Lybushkin. Looked great with Tanev internationally. Instead he's playing with Brodie who sucks on the right side.

If Dubas signed Tanev instead of Brodie a couple of seasons ago, we'd have had a stellar #1 pairing for years now, instead of constantly spinning our wheels.

The failure is not on Morgan , it's on our management groups who have repeatedly failed to find that guy in the off-season. It should not be that difficult to find such a dman.
Agreed. Rielly has been here for a decade and the best partner you could give him was TJ Brodie on his off side for a few years? And his other best partners being Hainsey, Luke Schenn and friggin Lyubushkin? That is absolutely pathetic. Also shows how ass the Leafs are at drafting / developing D.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This won't be what many want but we're probably just getting a guy like Lyubushkin and maybe another cheap forward if possible. I don't see much happening.

I'd love to see a hockey trade player for player but what teams want to give up a rh d man for a forward... probably no one.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
It's out there that Vancouver and Carolina engaged on Pettersson talks and that has kind of re-ignited the contract extension talks.

Quite frankly, great move by Vancouver, it's a wake up call to Elias that they're not gonna sit on their ass waiting on him, they need to know if he's gonna stay or not and need to plan for the future, with or without him.

I hope we take a similar path this off-season with someone like Marner, let's get it done, give us real numbers and be serious about getting a deal done. If you're not, let us know and we can look at trade options that might appeal to you.

He has a NMC so he controls the process but I really hope we can get buy in quickly so it let's Treliving focus on other areas, god knows we have lots of areas of need on this roster.
Must be nice having a GM who doesn’t get schooled in contract negotiations………

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I love that from Canucks management, put your balls on the table. No player is bigger than the club, always move forward.

Pettersson will crawl back.

Reactions: rumman

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Lebrun in his article says the price for Savard is a first rounder + prospect or group of picks equivalent to first round ... Insane asks.

Also he "wondered" if Lyubushkin would make the most sense for the Leafs now that Tanev is gone.
In reality they would jump on a first alone (unless theres retention).

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Lebrun in his article says the price for Savard is a first rounder + prospect or group of picks equivalent to first round ... Insane asks.

Also he "wondered" if Lyubushkin would make the most sense for the Leafs now that Tanev is gone.
Eep. Savard can't carry Tanevs jock strap and CT went for basically two 2nds. The teams put this kind of crap out there but it doesn't mean reporters have to spread it for them. It makes them look clueless or like shills. Thats as much as Tampa paid for Savard 3years ago and he didn't pay off then.

So Boosh was a 16 minute a night guy when the Leafs added him and was their 7th D in the playoffs. I wonder what Lebrun thinks the Leafs would be adding him for?

We also can't forget, the price for Dumba is also reported to be a 1st. Tough decisions :laugh:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Eep. Savard can't carry Tanevs jock strap and CT went for basically two 2nds. The teams put this kind of crap out there but it doesn't mean reporters have to spread it for them. It makes them look clueless or like shills. Thats as much as Tampa paid for Savard 3years ago and he didn't pay off then.

So Boosh was a 16 minute a night guy when the Leafs added him and was their 7th D in the playoffs. I wonder what Lebrun thinks the Leafs would be adding him for?

We also can't forget, the price for Dumba is also reported to be a 1st. Tough decisions :laugh:

To be fair, Savard did pay off, Tampa won a cup. He was overqualified on the 3rd pairing.

I do agree though in that Savard isn't worth even a 1st...I suppose if someone makes Montreal an offer they can't refuse that is nice but I expect prices to drop down over the next week as they risk holding UFAs beyond the deadline.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
My idea rather than do nothing would be to try finding a young RD who's out of favor where he is and giving him an opportunity

It shouldn't cost much so if it doesn't work out who cares?

Peeke at 50% retained for bugger all
Peeke for Reeves
Fabbro for a 3rd and 5th

Not exciting but maybe we get lucky and pull another Benoit situation

Reactions: aingefan and Buds17

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
My idea rather than do nothing would be to try finding a young RD who's out of favor where he is and giving him an opportunity

It shouldn't cost much so if it doesn't work out who cares?

Peeke at 50% retained for bugger all
Peeke for Reeves
Fabbro for a 3rd and 5th

Not exciting but maybe we get lucky and pull another Benoit situation

I'd pay a bit for a flyer on Fabbro to be honest.

Reactions: aingefan and Kiwi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad