Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Just throwing this out there, but what about bringing in Toews (if he is interested) to be our forward depth add?

Also, I’d take a shot on Parayko. Feels like a change of scenery could be good there if his back is fine.
I don't think Toews' focus is on hockey but on the quality of his life. I would be over the moon if we ever got him, but I think he has a higher chance of potentially playing for winnipeg before us if he is able to skate again.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
John Marino has really intrigued me since someone brought him up. Devils took on a bit of retention in the Tanev deal for a pick so they're not purely thinking about this year. He has some trade protection that kicks in next year, they have Dougie and Nemec also on the right side. He could be the play. Reasonable contract for a few more years.

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
I think Parayko and Rielly would be a really good match. Seems like they could play off each other's strengths.

Reactions: Duffman955

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How we feel about Erik Gubrandson double retention (getting two teams to retain like the Tanev Deal?). Treliving had him in Calgary.

I want him against Florida so he can continue to kill Nick Cousins :laugh:

Reactions: Duffman955

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
How we feel about Erik Gubrandson double retention (getting two teams to retain like the Tanev Deal?). Treliving had him in Calgary.

I want him against Florida so he can continue to kill Nick Cousins :laugh:

50% retention would be the minimum for me. Him at $2 mill might be ok.

Reactions: Zero1

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Why are posters pining so hard for the bottom pairing D from teams much worse than the Leafs?

I swear......while I get the sentiment, I don’t agree.

Good players can play on bad teams.

I don’t think anyone would pass on Benoit, but Anaheim didn’t even offer him a QO.

Thankfully Treliving looked past that and signed him. He’s been exactly what we needed.

Hopefully Treliving can do it again.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
On the Jeff Marek show, Friedman mentions
Savard, Jensen & Lyubushkin linked to the leafs.

Marek Mentions Edmundson.
1. Nick Jensen is a new one. I think he's actually super underrated

2. David Savard makes a lot of sense. Habs fans keep claiming that he's going to be extremely expensive to pry away because they want to keep him for leadership purposes.

3. Zero interest in Lybushkin. I'm mad he keeps getting brought up

4. If Edmundson was a righty....I think Treliving is all over that. But I'm sure him being a lefty is hindering the interest

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I've always liked Jensen but he's getting old with a couple more years on his deal. Doubt the Caps would retain on it either, but maybe I'm wrong. I guess he wouldn't cost a ton. Has some risk though.

Reactions: Visnovsky

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
John Marino has really intrigued me since someone brought him up. Devils took on a bit of retention in the Tanev deal for a pick so they're not purely thinking about this year. He has some trade protection that kicks in next year, they have Dougie and Nemec also on the right side. He could be the play. Reasonable contract for a few more years.
It always annoyed me that Dubas didn’t try to get Marino.

The guy went for a 3rd and Ty Smith for goodness sakes.

So blinded by Hollsy love I think…..

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
He's also been on there top pair the last few seasons, he's worth the risk imo
I like that he is an RFA so the Leafs could extend him based on his actual play with the Leafs.
Less likely he becomes a cap anchor.

Reactions: Kiwi

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Also would be interested in Savard but the Plekanic deal has been jaded towards acquiring Habs… savard might just not care enough about being a leaf

Reactions: SprDaVE

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Seravelli mentioned Zach Bogosian is one of the players available on the market. He's rejuvenized his play in Minnesota. I loved his play when he was here in Toronto for the 1 year.

He knows the Atlantic division well. I wouldn't mind him back.

I prefer Bogosian over Lyubushkin that's for damn sure

Reactions: acrobaticgoalie

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I'm sure it's been mentioned but the Leafs have kicked around on Jensen with Washington.

A lot of these names are incredibly underwhelming.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
On the Jeff Marek show, Friedman mentions
Savard, Jensen & Lyubushkin linked to the leafs.

Marek Mentions Edmundson.
Ick. Linked by who other than Elliot I wonder? Washed up, meh, and pure 3rd pair. Jensen may or may not be better than right side Brodie. He doesn't hit, leads the Caps in GvA per 60 and is offensively worse than any D the Leafs have. And he is the good one of those 3 :skeptic: Edmundson has played exclusively left side the last couple of years so not sure what problem he solves.

Last edited:

BertCorbeau

Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Seravelli mentioned Zach Bogosian is one of the players available on the market. He's rejuvenized his play in Minnesota. I loved his play when he was here in Toronto for the 1 year.

He knows the Atlantic division well. I wouldn't mind him back.

I prefer Bogosian over Lyubushkin that's for damn sure

Yeah Bogo is a nice add but I don’t think where the fit it.. seems like the Leafs need to add a righty than can at least complement Rielly and move everyone down a spot on the depth chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad