Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Please get Trenin on F to compliment Boosh on D...Oh man good luck to our playoff opponents if we can pull that off.

Reactions: LeafSteel

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Kunin
McMann Bjugstad Reaves

Rielly Dumba
Brodie Lyubushkin
Benoit McCabe
Lagesson Brown

Woll
Samsonov
Jones

OUT: Liljegren, Robertson, Kämpf, Järnkrok, Gregor,

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Kunin
McMann Bjugstad Reaves

Rielly Dumba
Brodie Lyubushkin
Benoit McCabe
Lagesson Brown

Woll
Samsonov
Jones

Bjugstad would be nice but Kunin is crap, and I wouldnt want to push Lilly outta the lineup, he is better than both Dumba/Bush

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Kunin
McMann Bjugstad Reaves

Rielly Dumba
Brodie Lyubushkin
Benoit McCabe
Lagesson Brown

Woll
Samsonov
Jones

I don't love this lol.

Jarnkrok is better than Kunin.

Dumba isn't very good anymore.

Not sure why we're trading Liljegren and Robertson if we're getting nobody with term.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Knies Matthews Marner
Bertuzzi Domi Nylander
Holmberg Tavares Kunin
McMann Bjugstad Reaves

Rielly Dumba
Brodie Lyubushkin
Benoit McCabe
Lagesson Brown

Woll
Samsonov
Jones

Rielly - Dumba pairing would be a disaster.

Reactions: Jmo89

Punch Drunk Loov

Thought Viktor Loov was going to be a guy
Dec 6, 2011
We are not drafting in 2025
1709305190584.png

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Sean Walker is one of the better dmen on the market.

What about our 1st and Timmins for Walker and Columbus' 2nd, which Philly owns? I dont know if theyd bite but we only move down 15-ish spots in the draft.

Imagining a bigger deal, where we somehow get both Walker and Laughton, for our 1st + Robertson + would be a dream

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
No more than a Rielly - Lyubushkin pairing. Might as well load up on tough D and shelter the crap out of Rielly.
Lyubushkin is better defensively than Dumba. I wouldn’t mind Dumba on the third pair with Benoit to be honest but in terms of a fit with Rielly, Lyubushkin is better.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Sean Walker is one of the better dmen on the market.

What about our 1st and Timmins for Walker and Columbus' 2nd, which Philly owns? I dont know if theyd bite but we only move down 15-ish spots in the draft.

Imagining a bigger deal, where we somehow get both Walker and Laughton, for our 1st + Robertson + would be a dream

Walker to me is definitely pretty underrated. They are looking for a lot for him and the Flyers are in a playoff spot so it's hard to see them give him up, especially with a bunch of injuries they recently had.

Walker + Laughton would be something the Leafs would love I think. I don't know if the price would be good though.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
I was onboard for Walker pre Lyubushkin, but now not sure where he’d fit? Lyubushkin, Liljegren and McCabe on the right side. Rielly, Brodie and Benoit on the left. Unless you’re getting a clear cut upgrade like Hanifin to Brodie, don’t see any other moves on the backend until the off-season.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I was onboard for Walker pre Lyubushkin, but now not sure where he’d fit? Lyubushkin, Liljegren and McCabe on the right side. Rielly, Brodie and Benoit on the left. Unless you’re getting a clear cut upgrade like Hanifin to Brodie, don’t see any other moves on the backend until the off-season.
I'd call Boosh emergency depth... the clear upgrade is still a partner for Rielly... and then Boosh will be where he belongs, in the 7 spot.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Walker
Laughton 50% retained

To Philly-
1st Round Pick
Reaves
Jarnkrok
Minten

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008

The fit is definitely not as dire. I would assume if everyone is healthy that Lyubushkin would be out of the lineup at that point, or rotating in and out with Liljegren or Benoit.

Rielly - Walker
McCabe - Brodie
Benoit - Liljegren
Giordano - Lyubushkin

Mitch nylander

One of the biggest fans from a bipolar fanbase
Jun 2, 2016
I'd rock this if we stay status quo.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Domi - Nylander
Jarnkrok- Tavares - Robertson
Holmberg/Mcmann - Kampf - Reaves
Gregor/Holmberg/McMann

Brodie - Liljegren
Rielly - Lyubushkin
McCabe - Benoit
Giordano

Woll
Sammy
Jones

If we make more moves:

Trade 1 - Noah Gregor to Colorado for 5th round pick + Riley Tufte
  • Rational for both teams: Colorado is playing guys like Chris Wagner, Fredrik Olofsson and Joel Kiviranta on a nightly basis, moving there allows them to get a better bottom 6 forward with speed. Leafs recoup a pick, and at least get a call-up forward if injuries occur.
Trade 2 - Sean Walker to the Leafs for Connor Timmins + NYI's 3rd round pick + choice of Ty Voit/Nick Moldenhauer/Roni Hirvonen/Alex Steeves
  • Rational for both teams: I'd add him to our top 4. Not sure if that leaves Lyubushkin out though. He's been excellent. Philadelphia, needs a PMD and Timmins offers that. They also get futures of their choice.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
The fit is definitely not as dire. I would assume if everyone is healthy that Lyubushkin would be out of the lineup at that point, or rotating in and out with Liljegren or Benoit.

Rielly - Walker
McCabe - Brodie
Benoit - Liljegren
Giordano - Lyubushkin
That's where I become a bit iffy about this trade. Why pay a 3rd and 6th for a 7th dman. That should be done with throwing over a 5th at most or something. It just becomes Rittich, Hutton and Nash all over again. Paying for depth/insurance to not play.

CatchyTune

Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
Walker to me is definitely pretty underrated. They are looking for a lot for him and the Flyers are in a playoff spot so it's hard to see them give him up, especially with a bunch of injuries they recently had.

Walker + Laughton would be something the Leafs would love I think. I don't know if the price would be good though.

Price would be high but getting Laughton for 3 playoff runs would be great. 1st + Robertson +? I dont know how they value Laughton

I really dont think they stand pat with just acquiring Lyubushkin, especially since we got him double retained. Bush is a depth add, they should still add a top 4 guy

To Toronto-
Walker
Laughton 50% retained

To Philly-
1st Round Pick
Reaves
Jarnkrok
Minten
Getting Laughton at 50% for 2 more years plus Walker would cost way more than that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad