Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Now for me its Carrier out of the definitely available guys. Or swing for the fences and pay a ton for someone not really available like a Pulock/Weegar. Not sure there's many more RHDs who actually move the needle much.
Puloch would be a championship defining pickup.
Weegar was offered to us at least twice, and for some reason, Dubas wasnt interested.
Larsson would be my #2 target after Puloch

on the less expensive side Borgen

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Puloch would be a championship defining pickup.
Weegar was offered to us at least twice, and for some reason, Dubas wasnt interested.
Larsson would be my #2 target after Puloch

on the less expensive side Borgen

Flames aren't retaining for 7 years on Weeger.

So, unless it is Hanifin or Andersson don't see Flames in it with Leafs now.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
Can't complain at all about any current lineup fixture earning just under 800K. I was only stating that any comparison of potentially acquiring Peeke with the team's actual acquisition of Benoit might be a case of comparing apples and oranges.
My point is peeke is making more and it will cost us capital
To acquire him and I don’t think he is as good as Benoit

Reactions: Buds17

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
Soooo...swing for Parayko? I know he hasn't looked good this year, but he's only 30 and at his best is one of the better defensive dmen in the league and has no issue logging 23+ minutes/game. Also a cup winner, which we don't have on the roster.

We'd also be buying low I think due to his poor play this year, but he's a prime bounce-back candidate...and if he does bounce back, $6.5m is a bargain for a legit first pairing RHD.

Blues won't retain so we'd have to send back some salary, which might be tricky.

Reactions: Malachi Crunch

stats1

Jul 22, 2022
The way the media in this city frames things is wild. So depending on what Treliving does will tell everyone how far he thinks this team will go??? Nothing to do with the prices or who was available in relation to the market prices. So glad Treliving didn’t make that deal. Definitely would’ve cost us our first.

Go get Larsson who is not only younger but has term and can actually move the puck. The issue in the playoffs for us is we get hemmed in and have guys like Schenn who can’t move with the puck

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Double retention, Treliving will likely need to do the same as well to get a D
Walker is $2.65 and Carrier is $2.5. I don't beleive they are looking at Borgen but if they were, $2.7. Tanev was the priciest of the RD rentals.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Positively I think this deal will have a positive impact for buyers on the market.

That said seems more likely than ever that the Flames would rather not deal with Tre if they don't have to (remember Leafs also looked at Zadorov who they opted to trade elsewhere for fairly cheap).

Leafs tdl move(s) likely will be elsewhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad