Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Our next three seconds all went away for:

1 playoff run with ROR and Acciari
1 playoff run with Lyubushkin and offloading Ritchie
2 seasons and 3 playoff runs with McCabe and 1 playoff run with Lafferty

Really the only one I wouldn't do again is the Lyubushkin one. As much as Ritchie sucked it's not like that trade led to anything positive for us.

8dt8xw.jpg

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
""

Grushnikov is a 2021, #48 OA pick. All defense guy. 6'1" 194 lbs.

Grushnikov can act both as the supporting element in a defensive pairing, the element who glues himself to off-puck attackers and denies them passes, and the engager. He can use his body and skating to win the puck one-on-one, along the boards or in open ice, allowing his team to rapidly relaunch the attack -- something he can occasionally do himself through short passes.

5 points in 44 games with the Texas Stars this year.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Now for me its Carrier out of the definitely available guys. Or swing for the fences and pay a ton for someone not really available like a Pulock/Weegar. Not sure there's many more RHDs who actually move the needle much.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I like the deal for the Flames. I knew Tanev wasn't getting a 1st. Leafs could have done their 1st for Calgary 2nd plus a lesser prospect but I am fine if they have a better plan. This isn't the Tanev of a couple years ago. I am glad to see the market for D isn't crazy.

Reactions: horner

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Comparable package would’ve been Niemela + 2nd?

I really like Grushnikov but I think Niemela is more valuable.

I think Dallas was able to do this but it's a high price for a rental we couldn't justify.

I don't mind paying for a non-rental though.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
I thought tanev would get more
But between tanev and Hanifin I would like hanifin more

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Knowing the Leafs’ luck Tanev would have gotten hurt anyway.

Im not upset about missing that deal given the current status of the team.

With the Kempe injury, if Roy becomes available, I just wanna have an idea if he'd be willing to extend here, if yes, full speed ahead.

Reactions: LeafSteel

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Rest of the realistic options are so meh it's hard to see a deal that's really worth it. Unless some team is desperate for draft capital and is willing to move a bottom pairing RHD for a 3rd and a mid-level prospect I don't see much of anything happening for us. Also...

LMAO does this mean Devils have thrown the towel on the season?

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

There are no easy solutions here.

Either Treliving crosses his fingers and hopes his predominately lefty D-core can squeak by with the support of hot goaltending and Toronto's world-class power-play and enviable even-strength offence.

Or he spends big (think: first-round pick or equivalent) on top rental target Chris Tanev. Or he spends really big on a righty with term, like David Savard, Adam Larsson, or Colton Parayko.

Or a little less for a reliable righty whose impact may ultimately be minimal and should really slot in on championship team's third pair. Names like Alexandre Carrier, Will Borgen, and ex-Leafs Ilya Lyubushkin and Zach Bogosian come to mind.

Even a smaller purchase like that, however, gets complicated by Toronto's lack of second-round picks and the fact that Nashville and Seattle are lingering around the wild-card race.

The RD market is thin and muddy, yet one thing is clear: How much Treliving is willing to spend on a right-shot defenceman will tell us how seriously he believes this edition of the Maple Leafs has a legitimate shot to win a Cup.

Reactions: PromisedLand

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts

There are no easy solutions here.

Either Treliving crosses his fingers and hopes his predominately lefty D-core can squeak by with the support of hot goaltending and Toronto's world-class power-play and enviable even-strength offence.

Or he spends big (think: first-round pick or equivalent) on top rental target Chris Tanev. Or he spends really big on a righty with term, like David Savard, Adam Larsson, or Colton Parayko.

Or a little less for a reliable righty whose impact may ultimately be minimal and should really slot in on championship team's third pair. Names like Alexandre Carrier, Will Borgen, and ex-Leafs Ilya Lyubushkin and Zach Bogosian come to mind.

Even a smaller purchase like that, however, gets complicated by Toronto's lack of second-round picks and the fact that Nashville and Seattle are lingering around the wild-card race.

The RD market is thin and muddy, yet one thing is clear: How much Treliving is willing to spend on a right-shot defenceman will tell us how seriously he believes this edition of the Maple Leafs has a legitimate shot to win a Cup.

I'd rather Treliving stay status quo and ride this season as is come what may. Don't go throwing draft picks until Tavares is on the roster and Keefe behind the bench.

But hey... given recent observations, I've become severely risk averse :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad