Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Club didn't feel Schenn was worth retaining at his current cap hit, we're not going to now give up assets to bring the player back.

It ain't happening, should've re-signed him, Tre gave that contract to David Kampf +1 year instead for whatever reason.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Seattle makes too much sense when it comes to being a trade partner. They got 2 guys who fill a need we have and 1 will probably cost quite a bit while the other not as much. Seattle has Larsson and Borgen and they both bring what we need with Rielly and can PK. They are also out of the playoff picture pretty much being 11 points back. Larsson might also be tougher to fit with a 4 mil cap hit too. Do we consider using Jarnkrok as the guy who can help make the cap hits fit in a trade since we look good without him and his cap hit would make a trade like that much easier.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Seattle makes too much sense when it comes to being a trade partner. They got 2 guys who fill a need we have and 1 will probably cost quite a bit while the other not as much. Seattle has Larsson and Borgen and they both bring what we need with Rielly and can PK. They are also out of the playoff picture pretty much being 11 points back. Larsson might also be tougher to fit with a 4 mil cap hit too. Do we consider using Jarnkrok as the guy who can help make the cap hits fit in a trade since we look good without him and his cap hit would make a trade like that much easier.

I'm not sure we can, Jarnkrok is a PKer and Keefe trusts him to protect leads, he also plays up and down the lineup and he's had a very good season

I don't think we can replace him

Reactions: Buds17

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018

Seattle are 3 points out of a WC spot. I don't expect a selloff unless they lose every game from now until the Trade Deadline. I like both players mentioned above, but wouldn't expect that kind of deal in-season.

I also have no interest in removing Jarnkrok from the roster either, need all hands on deck for a playoff push.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
I haven't even watched one shift of him this year but how how Edmundson looked? Could he be the Schenn of last year? At 50% he's around 875k.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Seattle are 3 points out of a WC spot. I don't expect a selloff unless they lose every game from now until the Trade Deadline. I like both players mentioned above, but wouldn't expect that kind of deal in-season.

I also have no interest in removing Jarnkrok from the roster either, need all hands on deck for a playoff push.
You're right, idk why when I saw the standings I thought Edmonton was the final wild card team. My mistake.

I get that. It's just when he got injured we all thought our team would get worse defensively and I'd say we have got better. Nothing to do with him and more the team/lines being better matches and Brodie playing his strong side. Our 1 major weakness is still a RD for the Rielly pair and our other 2 d pairs look great together. Lagesson has been a good depth d man for us when needed but you can't break up the other 2 pairs now and I don't think Gio should be Riellys partner either. McMann and Holmberg have stepped up and made it so you might have to consider moving Jarnkrok since his cap hit might be the best option to make a trade work, especially since Kampf has got back to the player we signed. I do think Jarnkrok would be a good fit on that 3rd line with McMann and Tavares but where does that put Robertson? Do we really want him on the 4th line or is he involved with a trade so we don't have to give up a 1st round pick?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
I'm not sure we can, Jarnkrok is a PKer and Keefe trusts him to protect leads, he also plays up and down the lineup and he's had a very good season

I don't think we can replace him
I would hope Steeves could be that depth option to help replace him. I know Keefe trusts him a lot but I believe our PK% has gone up since he's been out and our defensive numbers/structure has got much better too. Again though, I think that's more on the lineup decisions and Brodie playing his strong side more than Jarnkrok being out. He's also a ghost come playoff time so if we can get a legit d partner for Rielly I don't see why we don't consider him being in the package the other way.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
You're right, idk why when I saw the standings I thought Edmonton was the final wild card team. My mistake.

I get that. It's just when he got injured we all thought our team would get worse defensively and I'd say we have got better. Nothing to do with him and more the team/lines being better matches and Brodie playing his strong side. Our 1 major weakness is still a RD for the Rielly pair and our other 2 d pairs look great together. Lagesson has been a good depth d man for us when needed but you can't break up the other 2 pairs now and I don't think Gio should be Riellys partner either. McMann and Holmberg have stepped up and made it so you might have to consider moving Jarnkrok since his cap hit might be the best option to make a trade work, especially since Kampf has got back to the player we signed. I do think Jarnkrok would be a good fit on that 3rd line with McMann and Tavares but where does that put Robertson? Do we really want him on the 4th line or is he involved with a trade so we don't have to give up a 1st round pick?

Jarnkrok is a Swiss army knife and more importantly, Keefe trusts him. McMann, Holmberg and Robertson have all been great, but one will make way for Jarnkrok whether we agree with it or not.

Maybe he is a cap casualty in the off-season, but I don't see us removing roster players here.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Alexandre Carrier.

I've been bringing up his name for awhile. Most wont be able to look past the size but he's good defensively which should really be the most important thing. And won't cost the 1st or a top prospect. He feels like the middle ground of making some effort to improve the right side of the defense without losing an asset you might regret.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I've been bringing up his name for awhile. Most wont be able to look past the size but he's good defensively which should really be the most important thing. And won't cost the 1st or a top prospect. He feels like the middle ground of making some effort to improve the right side of the defense without losing an asset you might regret.

He's also a pretty feisty/chippy guy if I remember correctly. Sort of a Max Domi of dmen.

Reactions: TheDoldrums

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

You need depth for the playoffs, Robertson would be a very useful piece if we get an injury in the top 9 mid series

He's also a guy who can play in our top 9 next season at a team friendly AAV, we need every cheap player we can get

Reactions: arso40

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Jan Rutta actually makes sense as a lesser target. I totally forgot about him. Loads of playoff experience and he has grit as well

I would prefer Rutta over Lyubushkin actually if thats the caliber player we are targetting

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad