Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Surprised to see commentary on the main trade boards ripping Lilly the way they are. IMO he looks great in Rielly’s absence and reinforces why we should be keeping him unless we are getting a legit top pairing D back.
I think many people are really underrating Liljegren. Maybe its partly because he isn't super physical and laying big hits all the time and he isn't putting up a ton of points either, but if you put that aside he's been playing really good defense in most games these days and I trust him on the ice in important situations. Also his offense has slowly improved as Keefe has been giving him more PP time and he's been getting more involved in taking the puck up the ice and making plays with it.

I always said that Liljegren just needed a chance to prove himself and right now he's looking pretty good and you can probably re-sign him at a good price so I don't know why some people keep throwing him in trade proposals when we should be keeping him probably above most every other Dman we have.

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Wonder where Jarnkrok slots back in. Keefe loves him.
I fear it will be Robertson who is the casualty going into playoffs. He's in the "Liljegren position" up front of being the younger guy who doesnt check all the boxes to play lower minutes, they wont want him on the fourth line so he will sit while we watch a Gregor play instead.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Wonder where Jarnkrok slots back in. Keefe loves him.
I'd have Jarnkrok slot in for Gregor/Reaves as things currently stand. Realistically, I'd expect the lines and lineup to be more fluid than that (due to performance, injuries, etc.).

Reactions: arso40

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Putrid

Dumba and Zucker are bad and wouldn't even make our lineup, so the only thing of value there is the 2nd

But we give up 2 picks including our 1st rounder plus a prospect for that pile of dross

All so we can trade for Tanev

why wouldn't you just trade the 1st for Tanev and keep the other pick and Hirvonen instead?

help me? I'm struggling to to understand this baby
They are trading their 1st, a young B-prospect with draft pedigree and the 5th gained in the Lafferty trade for two 20 minute a night minute munchers on the right side and a 45 point rounded forward for their cup drive. All play gritty, defensive minded hockey and bring plenty of experience. If they were going to use their 1st on a rental I'd want more than just Tanev, with this transaction they gain 3 NHL bodies and only lose 1 bubble player.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
They are trading their 1st, a young B-prospect with draft pedigree and the 5th gained in the Lafferty trade for two 20 minute a night minute munchers on the right side and a 45 point rounded forward for their cup drive. All play gritty, defensive minded hockey and bring plenty of experience. If they were going to use their 1st on a rental I'd want more than just Tanev, with this transaction they gain 3 NHL bodies and only lose 1 bubble player.
no thanks our first should not be on the table for anyone not named larsson and id much rather move a third and fifth for riellys partner

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
What do you think McMann's new contract will be?

I'm thinking 1 year $1.5 - $2.5m for one year. Bets on himself for a long term contract. Dunno if he'll sign here tho.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki

Did you just call Matt Dumba a minute muncher? Seriously?

That forward is scoring at the same pace Domi and Robertson were playing 10 minutes a night with minimal PP time

THey suck, if you called them depth you would be generous

that trade absolutely blows and I'd sack anybody who even mentioned it

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I fear it will be Robertson who is the casualty going into playoffs. He's in the "Liljegren position" up front of being the younger guy who doesnt check all the boxes to play lower minutes, they wont want him on the fourth line so he will sit while we watch a Gregor play instead.
Think Gregor will be out when Calle comes back and have a shutdown line of Holmberg, Kampf and Calle

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Man, if you are Treliving you have to get this team a top 6 forward, or top 4 D or something, you can't let this season from Auston Matthews go to waste, even if you don't think the team has earned it, which they have.

Auston Matthews HAS earned it, he is giving you a damn near historic goal scoring season you owe him.

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Man, if you are Treliving you have to get this team a top 6 forward, or top 4 D or something, you can't let this season from Auston Matthews go to waste, even if you don't think the team has earned it, which they have.

Auston Matthews HAS earned it, he is giving you a damn near historic goal scoring season you owe him.
no forwards just dman partner for rielly

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
With Brodie looking a million times better playing on the left side with Liljegren. Or only need is a top pairing partner for Rielly. As soon the last couple of seasons, it doesn't need to be a big name either. Schenn and Lyubushkin both played solid while paired with Rielly and it was then we really saw Rielly take off. Obviously Tanev would be ideal but I'm not giving up a 1st for him.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Not hard enough to play against
Panthers rats will eat us alive

I get your point, but for us to win against the Panthers, we need our top guys scoring, which didn’t happen last playoffs. We won’t be changing those guys out for guys that are harder to play against. This team lives and dies by what that top 3/4 do….

Reactions: TMLAM34 and arso40

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
I think many people are really underrating Liljegren. Maybe its partly because he isn't super physical and laying big hits all the time and he isn't putting up a ton of points either, but if you put that aside he's been playing really good defense in most games these days and I trust him on the ice in important situations. Also his offense has slowly improved as Keefe has been giving him more PP time and he's been getting more involved in taking the puck up the ice and making plays with it.

I always said that Liljegren just needed a chance to prove himself and right now he's looking pretty good and you can probably re-sign him at a good price so I don't know why some people keep throwing him in trade proposals when we should be keeping him probably above most every other Dman we have.
He's pretty unspectacular, just a very meh player.

Its been a good run for him right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad