Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I'd be seeing what the asking price is on nick bjugstad.

We know the Leafs are looking for a centre. He plays with a bit of jam, big body, decent underlying numbers with heavy defensive zone usage.

I can't.imagine he'd be a lot to acquire

I like Bjugstad too, but he's more valuable than Sean Monahan, who just cost a 1st. We don't have a second, which I would think is the absolute minimum price.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
Where would everyone play. Getting 1 D-man sure! 2 Dmen seems like overkill. We’d have Rielly, Lilly, McCabe, Benoit, Brodie, Gio, Dumba and Tanev. 2 of these guys are sitting…it would be kind of pointless to trade your first for Dumba just to get Tanev and then forced to sit Dumba in the press box.

Right now no one is taking Benoit out, you’re not taking McCabe out. Not taking Lilly out. Where does Dumba play?

I like the creativity of the trade but it just doesn’t fit cap wise or roster wise.

I have zero interest in Dumba but I don't hate the idea of acquiring two defensemen.

Gio should be press boxed at this point on any decent group. And I think having 7 quality guys is necessary for a playoff run, staying healthy from now through the rest of the year is unlikely.

Also don't hate the idea of going 11/7 for some games, we don't have 12 quality forwards at this point anyways.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I like Bjugstad too, but he's more valuable than Sean Monahan, who just cost a 1st. We don't have a second, which I would think is the absolute minimum price.

I think Monahan has a higher profile around the league which impacted his value. Nicks been basically a journeyman support player since he left Florida.

Leafs have a 3rd and 4th; and or prospects.

Reactions: aingefan

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Ideally, getting someone between 24-27. But not opposed to a veteran, at all. We need a 3C, though, and we don’t have a tonne of ammo to get it all, unfortunately
3C imo isn't a huge issue. I think moving Tavares there and Domi to 2C is probably best. McMann-Tavares-Jarnkrok possibly being a line during the last stretch of the season/playoffs isn't bad at all. If we want to bring in another forward I'd say it'd probably be best to be a very good defensive forward who can help defend leads and be trusted. I always liked the idea of making a move with Nashville to try and get both Fabbro and Trenin. Fabbro a good young two way defender who can play with Rielly and Trenin is a good defensive forward who has the offensive ability to be a very good complete player on a contending team. The issue is Nashville is tied for the last wildcard spot so who knows if they want to make any moves like that. They also got Tomasino who could replace Trenin in the lineup but Barrie has requested a trade so maybe they want to keep Fabbro now.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I think Monahan has a higher profile around the league which impacted his value. Nicks been basically a journeyman support player since he left Florida.

Leafs have a 3rd and 4th; and or prospects.
AZ has their 1st, three 2nds, three 3rds and two 4ths this year and their 1st and four 2nds in 2025. And they are six spots higher in the standings than they finished last season so my guess would be they have little interest in more picks. Which prospects then?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Arizona would be smart to consolidate picks and move up to draft theoretically higher quality. 34 picks in the next three years and a max of 50 contracts. If they don’t start moving some of these picks for either NHL players, or for better picks, they are going to run into a situation where they won’t be able to sign players and they’ll become UFA.

LeafParade

Jun 27, 2019
Arizona would be smart to consolidate picks and move up to draft theoretically higher quality. 34 picks in the next three years and a max of 50 contracts. If they don’t start moving some of these picks for either NHL players, or for better picks, they are going to run into a situation where they won’t be able to sign players and they’ll become UFA.
I agree. Kampf and Reaves to Arizona for picks. :nod:

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Matt Dumba (50% retained) + Jason Zucker (50% retained) + Arizona's 2024 2nd rd. pick

for

Roni Hirvonen + 2024 1st rd. pick + Vancouver's 5th rd. pick

then..

Chris Tanev (50% retained)

for

Conor Timmins + Arizona's 2024 2nd rd. pick

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Matt Dumba (50% retained) + Jason Zucker (50% retained) + Arizona's 2024 2nd rd. pick

for

Roni Hirvonen + 2024 1st rd. pick + Vancouver's 5th rd. pick

then..

Chris Tanev (50% retained)

for

Conor Timmins + Arizona's 2024 2nd rd. pick

Putrid

Dumba and Zucker are bad and wouldn't even make our lineup, so the only thing of value there is the 2nd

But we give up 2 picks including our 1st rounder plus a prospect for that pile of dross

All so we can trade for Tanev

why wouldn't you just trade the 1st for Tanev and keep the other pick and Hirvonen instead?

help me? I'm struggling to to understand this baby

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
The man is obsessed with trading Knies for anything he can,

Last year at TDL it was for Kane. This year maybe it’s for Tanev, along with our 1st and Cowan in Kypreosland…
Trading Cowan would be quite the letdown given his rate of development over the last year. The return would have to be something really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad