I think Liljegren will be maybe traded Chicago (Van ) 2nd rd pk

Jarnkrok for a 3rd

2nd + 3rd for Roy

3rd + Abruzzese for Seeler

Last edited by a moderator:

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Samsonov+Robertson+whatever else for Jarry @ 4M

I’d be pretty confident in a Jarry / Woll duo.

Woll is going knowhere
McCabe is a beast

Trade
I think Liljegren will be maybe traded Chicago (Van ) 2nd rd pk

Jamcrock for a 3rd

2nd + 3rd for Roy

3rd + Abruzzese for Seeler

If you like consistency in goaltending then Jarry ain't your solution; if the cost is Robertson+ I'd rather just roll what we have and keep Robertson - he's looking great and finally turning that corner we've been hoping for.

If we're trading Lilly I hope it's for a substantial upgrade. I am sure Roy can slot into Lilly's spot, but its extremely poor asset management to risk losing Lilly to a pending UFA.

Seeler is intriguing but I get Mark Fraser vibes from him, and again not enough of an upgrade on Benoit (or Lilly) to lock him into a top-6 spot. If he's a #7, is he that much better than Lagesson? I'm not sure - more experience sure, but seems like a Ben Hutton move (ie irrelevant). Jarncrock for a 3rd - sure I guess.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Boston has signed former Leafs org legend Justin Brazeau to a NHL contract.
An interesting study in patience with a prospect. Obviously a long shot but his offense took off as soon as he left the Marlies. The Moore effect?

Reactions: rumman

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Not being able to comfortably trade a prospect in Cowan's tier when you're a contender is laughable asset management indeed.

It's not even about winning or losing the trade...we literally just can't do it (and like I said before, if your trade capital is this bad, you should have a Cup, or a Hagel or 2 on the team around the core to show for it, lessening the need to make trades anyways).
One of the Hagels you are asking for is McCabe. He is looking good especially at $2M and it would look better had Lafferty still been here rather than Reaves or Gregor or whoever he was jettisoned for.

And while it didn't work out with ROR and Acciari, you can look at it as Cowan being part of the equation. I think recouping that pick was a nice and underrated piece of business that most of this board seemed against the day the trade was made. Yet the player dealt for the pick wasn't really loved by this board either. Weird. Anyway, it turns out, it's looking like we may get luckier than hoped with that pick as well.

The Foligno deal and the spending a pick to get rid of Ritchie are the ones that hurt the most. Yes too many picks have gone out the door but it's not like there is 0 to show for them.

Sometimes in this scenario it is a bit of chicken and egg. "We need a pick to spend on an upgrade and we don't have one." Why don't we have one? "Cause last year we wanted the same thing and we spent that pick on the upgrade just like we asked to."

Again, too many out vs. not enough in but it's the cost of doing business for teams in the mix.

Reactions: Nylanderthal

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
An interesting study in patience with a prospect. Obviously a long shot but his offense took off as soon as he left the Marlies. The Moore effect?

He had great offensive numbers in the OHL and was PPG with the Growlers as a rookie. Then Covid and we didn’t resign him. Like you say, another reason to be patient with players, especially with that size. Now he hasn’t played a NHL game yet, so it still might be nothing….

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
One of the Hagels you are asking for is McCabe. He is looking good especially at $2M and it would look better had Lafferty still been here rather than Reaves or Gregor or whoever he was jettisoned for.

And while it didn't work out with ROR and Acciari, you can look at it as Cowan being part of the equation. I think recouping that pick was a nice and underrated piece of business that most of this board seemed against the day the trade was made. Yet the player dealt for the pick wasn't really loved by this board either. Weird. Anyway, it turns out, it's looking like we may get luckier than hoped with that pick as well.

The Foligno deal and the spending a pick to get rid of Ritchie are the ones that hurt the most. Yes too many picks have gone out the door but it's not like there is 0 to show for them.

Sometimes in this scenario it is a bit of chicken and egg. "We need a pick to spend on an upgrade and we don't have one." Why don't we have one? "Cause last year we wanted the same thing and we spent that pick on the upgrade just like we asked to."

Again, too many out vs. not enough in but it's the cost of doing business for teams in the mix.

Could also make a case to say that Robertson is essentially a Hagel with 60 less GP than when Hagel was traded. I don't see any value in trading either Lilly or Robertson unless its for that all-coveted under-30 top pairing D (ideally RH). If that's the move, then you might as well add Cowan or Minten and our 1st and go all-in on that. Not too many of those guys are available. Offseason may be where to pluck a better top-4 with the pending UFAs out there.

Reactions: Judas Tavares

LeafSteel

GO LEAFS GO!!!
Mar 5, 2014
Toronto
Boston has signed former Leafs org legend Justin Brazeau to a NHL contract.
Forgot about him.

He was one of the prospects I hoped we would work with and I was happy when we signed him.

Having said that, unfortunately I have more confidence in the Bruins getting him going than I do the Leafs.

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
Forgot about him.

He was one of the prospects I hoped we would work with and I was happy when we signed him.

Having said that, unfortunately I have more confidence in the Bruins getting him going than I do the Leafs.
Looks like a big softie to me...a guy who doesn't use his size to advantage. Total of 62 penalty minutes in 5 pro seasons.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Woll/McCabe/Clifford for Roy/Rittich/Kaliyev :popcorn:

Tried the Rittich experiment ... didn't go over well.

Woll is Leafs future ...

If Spence and Clarke are replacing Roy's minutes, then McCabe isn't needed.

Cap doesn't work for Leafs anyway.

Separate deals for Roy and Kaliyev could work.

Prospect + conditional based on Games played for Kaliyev.

Roy is UFA, will cost more next year and Leafs have Cap concerns.

Doesn't this really depend on whether Spence and Clarke can play those minutes?

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Tried the Rittich experiment ... didn't go over well.

Woll is Leafs future ...

If Spence and Clarke are replacing Roy's minutes, then McCabe isn't needed.

Cap doesn't work for Leafs anyway.

Separate deals for Roy and Kaliyev could work.

Prospect + conditional based on Games played for Kaliyev.

Roy is UFA, will cost more next year and Leafs have Cap concerns.

Doesn't this really depend on whether Spence and Clarke can play those minutes?
LA is ideally trying to upgrade over Andreas Englund.

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Brandt Clarke
Jake McCabe - Jordan Spence
*Andreas Englund

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
LA is ideally trying to upgrade over Andreas Englund.

Mikey Anderson - Drew Doughty
Vladislav Gavrikov - Brandt Clarke
Jake McCabe - Jordan Spence
*Andreas Englund

Yes, so doesn't look like good trading partners.

Other than Kaliyev, but Kings should use him as a sweetener for a better d-man.

If Kings think they can secure a playoffs spot.

3 way deal ... Roy++ for Hanifin ... Flames relay Roy ...

Skullz

Jul 5, 2013
Earlier in the year I thought that we needed a lot of help at forward, but the recent play of Holmberg, McMann, and Robertson has made me feel better. To me, they are all good NHL forwards, and should not come out of the lineup again. If we add a solid bottom-six center, I think we might be set up front.

We need help at RHD. Love how Brodie has played at LHD. If we do manage to get Tanev, and we had better not overpay if we do, how do people feel about:

Rielly - Tanev,
Brodie - Lily
Benoit - McCabe.

Seems a lot better defence than we have had in a while. Not the best, but still would be hard to do better without a massive trade.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021

Hagel is a bona-fide top 6 30 goal scorer at ages 24 and 25. How is that a McCabe. McCabe is a trendy bottom pair who is past his prime. Trendy in the sense he can give a stretch of solid no.4 play at times but at the end of the day you'd prefer to have him on your bottom pair or paired with a genuine no.3 if he is in the top 4

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Bertuzzi + pick/prospect
For
Pesce

Both expiring , need a change up. Canes hope Tyler finds his game in their system at the expense of an abundance

Rielly-Pesce
Brodie-Liljgren
McCabe-Benoit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad