Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Matt Roy is good as gone unless they decide to move off Jordan Spence instead. Drew Doughty and Brandt Clarke are locks at the moment on the right side.

The Leafs have been heavily scouting the Kings the last week too so who knows. Not quite sure what LA would be interested in from the Leafs though.

Samsonov has been booty cheeks, not sure if Toronto has a high pick available for Roy either and I'm sure cap would have to go back the other way. Jarnkrok?
I can see this actually. David Pagnotta said that both Jarnkrok and David Kampf have come up in trade scenarios for the Leafs for cap reasons.

Jarnkrok + Timmins for Roy + pick ?

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
Not saying I want the 1st gone but this club will get shelled in round 1 if they try to get away with a cheap depth move. They are not as far away as some fear, provided they can get solid goaltending but the D is pretty weak.
This is bang-on. It will be a complete failure if Treliving settles for cheap depth. I don't think he will do that. I think he will go as big as possible to try to win this season.

Reactions: bax

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
So how long does it take for Bettman to make a decision on appeals. My god, his 4th game will be tomorrow. They gonna wait until the day before the 5th game and say 4 games was enough. On day 5 since the appeal was put in and not a word.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I can see this actually. David Pagnotta said that both Jarnkrok and David Kampf have come up in trade scenarios for the Leafs for cap reasons.

Jarnkrok + Timmins for Roy + pick ?
Won’t get it done.

Roy’s value is probably in the ballpark of 2nd + 2nd. Maybe 2nd + 3rd. Although, could see his value inflating as an affordable RHD with physicality.

Curious if LA goes for futures or a hockey trade in that scenario, given their place in the standings. I’d throw my classic Bertuzzi proposal out there.

Reactions: horner

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
A little tweaking is alright but I still don't think we are at contender stage yet. A great win last night against a very poor team will not change the fact. We have too many needs (especially D) and few assets to trade. Our goaltending isn't championship caliber either. I would not trade the 1st for a rental, only for a young'ish player with term. In my opionion.

Reactions: ToneDog

Roo

Oct 3, 2005
Oakville
Roy is intriguing. Caught the game against Boston yesterday and he looked good. That said, I see no reason why LA would be sellers. Can’t see him being available. We’re better off trying to sign him as a UFA.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Just looking at next years picks. Do the leafs really only have a 3rd rounder left for 25 in the top four rounds?

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Peeke and Comtois maybe?
I think if they had any interest in Comtois he would be in the system already. I thought maybe with him there was a feared connection with the 2018 Junior team but clearly thats not the issue. He is there for any club to take a chance on and not even the Hawks are buying. It would be interesting to know what has pushed him out the door but there is something.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Just looking at next years picks. Do the leafs really only have a 3rd rounder left for 25 in the top four rounds?
If we trade our 1st this year, we have ONE pick in the top 2 rounds for the next 3 years! As in, in those 6 rounds, we draft once :help:

Whoever put us in this position with zero results or long term Hagel types has performed blasphemy and sabotage. Core is still in their prime and we can't make moves.

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
If we trade our 1st this year, we have ONE pick in the top 2 rounds for the next 3 years! As in, in those 6 rounds, we draft once :help:

Whoever put us in this position with zero results or long term Hagel types has performed blasphemy and sabotage. Core is still in their prime and we can't make moves.
Bingo. All the talk about how Cowan, 1sts, etc are untouchable, its funny, because right now in the life cycle of the team it's the most reasonable time to sell future assets, but we're limited because we're so depleted.

We spent all our assets during what should have been the development phase. Some good, like Muzzy, some bad, like Foligno, but they all came, lost, and are no longer here.

It's bewildering how we could screw things up so badly with the potential we had.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
Bingo. All the talk about how Cowan, 1sts, etc are untouchable, its funny, because right now in the life cycle of the team it's the most reasonable time to sell future assets, but we're limited because we're so depleted.

We spent all our assets during what should have been the development phase. Some good, like Muzzy, some bad, like Foligno, but they all came, lost, and are no longer here.

It's bewildering how we could screw things up so badly with the potential we had.
Not being able to comfortably trade a prospect in Cowan's tier when you're a contender is laughable asset management indeed.

It's not even about winning or losing the trade...we literally just can't do it (and like I said before, if your trade capital is this bad, you should have a Cup, or a Hagel or 2 on the team around the core to show for it, lessening the need to make trades anyways).

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
What are thoughts on acquiring someone like an Anthony Duclair for to inject some additional secondary offense?
That's exactly what this team needs; a forward whose only talent is cherrypicking for breakaways...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad