Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

horner

May 22, 2007
When Bertuzzi started to play better, I was surprised Keefe didn’t try him again with AM and MM. I really like Knies and he’s going to be a really good player for us but I don’t think he’s ready to play against other opposing teams best players.

Bertuzzi - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - Tavares - Nylander
Knies - Domi - Jarnkrok
McMann - Kampf - Holmberg

I’d give that a run for a bit.
Bertuzzi needs to be in the goaltenders face looking for tip ins same with knies and marner and mathews need to be involved.
It's to bad our dman can't get the puck to the net.
Most of Bertuzzi's goals in the Boston playoff were , Bert going to the net and the dman getting there shots through.
We don't or can't play that way.

Reactions: TMLAM34

Mckay

One does not simply... Ooo Coffee.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
LOL @ even entertaining anything Eklund says... and don't give me the "He was right about Carter and Richards!".. one trade over a decade ago and with as much slop that the guy spews out he is bound to get some right here and there.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
For who? Parayko? Lol. I wouldn't even give up a 1st for him let alone two 1sts and a prospect. Dude's contract is an anchor and he isn't the same player he was during the Blues cup run.

Would not waste assets on him unless there is 50% retention. Even then I'd be wary.

Tell me you don’t watch St. Louis play without telling me you don’t watch St. Louis play…

Evilhomer

Oct 10, 2019
It’s hilarious really. Parayko is a top pairing, minute munching, 2-way RHD locked up for 6 years at a very reasonable cap hit but somehow he’s not worth our 1st lol
Where did these rumours start about St. Louis wanting to trade him? They don't have any cap issues and they seem to be doing a nice job of rebuilding their team.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Tell me you don’t watch St. Louis play without telling me you don’t watch St. Louis play…
Reality is somewhere in the middle. His play has declined since the Stanley Cup run, that much is for certain. He had a back injury, and his play dropped off a cliff. He is munching a lot of minutes, and the eye test says he isn't doing too poorly, but all the stats show a continued decline. A long term $6.5 mil is a lot to take on, for a player who isn't quite that player anymore, and could be in decline. Two firsts are out of the question... a single late first, that would a pro scouts decision.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Where did these rumours start about St. Louis wanting to trade him? They don't have any cap issues and they seem to be doing a nice job of rebuilding their team.

No idea tbh. I would be surprised if he was actually available for anything short of a significant overpayment

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
It is quite harsh to say he's failing with it when you cake him that kind of usage.

I would have said he needs a puck transporter, Engvall/Mikhayev helped him on that and then he generally was fine with in zone coverage but basically has the same assignment this year usually with Gregor and McCann/Reaves but failing hard.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
I would have said he needs a puck transporter, Engvall/Mikhayev helped him on that and then he generally was fine with in zone coverage but basically has the same assignment this year usually with Gregor and McCann/Reaves but failing hard.

With who and how he's used, just not conceding a goal is a win, IMO. With Reeves, it's more akin to playing shorthanded.

Reactions: Buds17

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Gregor did well to get a contract out of a PTO, and his skating is very good, but yeah, he's pretty limited. @ the league min, though, you go with it.
He's an expiring RFA, and I would be happy enough to qualify him and bring him back, but I feel like he should be the extra forward/first call-up kind of guy

I'm personally on the team of giving Steeves a legit run on the main roster

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I already have a feeling I am gonna catch heck from this because of the STL/TOR trade...Hayes returned a 6th previously so I don't know how to value him in the deal.

I think Wennberg might pull 4M which is where I think the cap may be screwed but I really wanted to solidfy the defense, I suppose if need be, you could pivot to 1 year of Tanev, sign Wennberg and maybe do better than Friedman on 3rd pairing RD potentially

X-factors are Tvberg, Grebyonkin and Niemela.

1707772000448.png

1707772015169.png

Silfverberg and Roy are actually great PK guys so that was my motivation with them.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Reality is somewhere in the middle. His play has declined since the Stanley Cup run, that much is for certain. He had a back injury, and his play dropped off a cliff. He is munching a lot of minutes, and the eye test says he isn't doing too poorly, but all the stats show a continued decline. A long term $6.5 mil is a lot to take on, for a player who isn't quite that player anymore, and could be in decline. Two firsts are out of the question... a single late first, that would a pro scouts decision.

The question with declining underlying numbers would be how much of that is individual decline vs team decline. I don’t see this as all that dissimilar to Hampus Lindholm in his final years in Anaheim, except that Parayko is still performing well.

In 2-3 years 6.5M is probably gonna be 2nd pairing money

Reactions: andora and horner

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The question with declining underlying numbers would be how much of that is individual decline vs team decline. I don’t see this as all that dissimilar to Hampus Lindholm in his final years in Anaheim, except that Parayko is still performing well.

Well we are going to have a good look at Parayko over the next few days.
I do think at 30, he should be pretty good for a few more years at his cap hit.

Reactions: andora and TMLAM34

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Well we are going to have a good look at Parayko over the next few days.
I do think at 30, he should be pretty good for a few more years at his cap hit.

Parayko previously had issues with his back and it seems like that got sorted out. The issue is he gets tough minutes and the Blues LD sucks.

I'd prefer Weegar to Parayko but think Parayko costs less to acquire via trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad