Status
Not open for further replies.

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
To Toronto: Rasmus Andersson
To Calgary: Timothy Liljegren + Fraser Minten + 1st Rounder

To Toronto: Jacob Middleton
To Minnesota: Nick Robertson + NYI 3rd Rounder

2-3 years ago I proposed something around Marner + Liljegren + 1st + for Matthew Tkachuk and Rasmus Andersson. That would've been the dream, both players equaled Marner's cap hit at the time.

I like Middleton, but we're kind of set at LD. MIN don't have any reason to trade him this season unless it's an overpay.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Feels like it's been a while since the Leafs have been in the mix for Euro FAs.

Tsyplakov would be a nice add. High floor player who could add size and net front presence to the bottom six.

Early to say but I'd personally like to see Grebenkin/Minten start in the AHL and Cowan return to London. Would leave room to get definitive looks at depth guys like Steeves, Holmberg, and potentially Tsyplakov.

A good highlight package of Tsyplakov

Reactions: Sypher04

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
I know we hate Gudas but man oh man I wished we had signed him in the off-season. I know Treliving was interested but he didn't wanna come here.

He's having a super underrated season in Anaheim right now. +17 while being a physical force

Folignos Helmet

Sep 4, 2020
I know we hate Gudas but man oh man I wished we had signed him in the off-season. I know Treliving was interested but he didn't wanna come here.

He's having a super underrated season in Anaheim right now. +17 while being a physical force
Ya, watching Anaheim, a combo of him and Sam Carrick taking over for Kampf as 4C would be nice, but Gudas said in the offseason he doesn't want to play in the media spotlight of Toronto, and I think the Ducks want him to mentor their young D.

Scion

May 25, 2012
If Hanifin is made available and is willing to sign here the Leafs must find a way to get involved in those trade discussions. He is the one guy available that could make a meaningful impact on our blueline.

Ya, watching Anaheim, a combo of him and Sam Carrick taking over for Kampf as 4C would be nice, but Gudas said in the offseason he doesn't want to play in the media spotlight of Toronto, and I think the Ducks want him to mentor their young D.
100% he is a very underrated defenceman, it's a shame we couldn't make it work.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
These Risto trade rumours make me a bit worried about the pro scouting for this team. Over the past 5 years, they've been in on Ceci, Myers, and Risto when he was on the Sabres. There's got to be a guy in there who is just galaxy braining these things. Get a guy with results and lock him in for a couple of seasons.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
These Risto trade rumours make me a bit worried about the pro scouting for this team. Over the past 5 years, they've been in on Ceci, Myers, and Risto when he was on the Sabres. There's got to be a guy in there who is just galaxy braining these things. Get a guy with results and lock him in for a couple of seasons.
They think they are smart and try to discover under usage players. Problem is others can find Hornek or Toews but we end up with Ceci and whoever.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hakanpaa would be a better target this off-season than Tanev IMO. Probably cost less to sign and doesn’t have the injury history Tanev does. Both play a similar game but Hakanpaa is a few years younger. I think he’d slot in decently next to Rielly.

Rielly - Hakanpaa
Hanifin - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Would love to see that blueline. Lots of size, physicality and puck moving ability with Hanifin back there. Overall the groups age is pretty low as well.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Why would Calgary trade a guy who is signed if they are trading their 2 UFA dmen and for spare parts?

They'd be getting Liljegren and Timmins in the deal, their LD would be problematic though but that's kind of unavoidable.

X-Andersson
X-Liljegren
X-Timmins

Hanifin and Kylington are UFA

Yan Kuznetsov is at least 1, maybe 2 years off from being a real guy for them.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Leafs among 12 teams eyeing KHLer Maxim Tsyplakov, agent says

The Toronto Maple Leafs are among 12 NHL teams interested in signing Russian forward Maxim Tsyplakov, his agent, Alexander Chernykh, told The Athletic's Joshua Kloke.

Tsyplakov, 25, is in the final year of his KHL contract and enjoying a breakout season for Spartak Moscow with 30 goals and 15 assists in 58 games. He tallied 10 goals and 15 assists in 63 games the year prior.

The 6-foot-3, 190-pound forward has primarily played wing in the KHL, though the possibility of playing center was discussed during a Zoom call with Tsyplakov, Chernykh, and senior members of Leafs management last week, Kloke added.

The Maple Leafs could have a need at center next season. Third-line pivot Max Domi is a pending free agent, and there's a case to be made that John Tavares is better suited for the wing at this point in his career.

Tsyplakov is a north-south forward with a physical element to his game, as evidenced by his 128 hits this season - the fourth-most among KHL forwards.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Hakanpaa would be a better target this off-season than Tanev IMO. Probably cost less to sign and doesn’t have the injury history Tanev does. Both play a similar game but Hakanpaa is a few years younger. I think he’d slot in decently next to Rielly.

Rielly - Hakanpaa
Hanifin - Liljegren
Benoit - McCabe

Would love to see that blueline. Lots of size, physicality and puck moving ability with Hanifin back there. Overall the groups age is pretty low as well.
Hakanpaa is a 3rd pair defensemen, he would not slot next to Rielly and do well.

Reactions: Dreakmur and Buds17

Namikaze Minato

Apr 30, 2009
Beautiful B.C.
Hakanpaa is better than Lyubushkin and Schenn who looked fine next the Rielly. I get he’s not a top pairing defenceman but he would allow Rielly to do his thing.
I wouldnt mind him if he was "what's left" but ideally we still try and find a guy who has shown to play top pairing before his 30's....

Pesce is having a down year in Carolina which might be a perfect time to try and scoop him up as a UFA this summer but not a great trade target (obviously).

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
One of my main targets would be Hayton this deadline. Apparently we’re looking for a center and he’s someone who would fit in perfectly with our team needs. Robertson + for Hayton would be my ideal trade scenario.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

Yeah. He doesn't want to play in Toronto. Not much we can do.

Hakanpaa is a 3rd pair defensemen, he would not slot next to Rielly and do well.
By all accounts, Stars fans would love to move Hanky Panky. They hate him

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Friedman now reporting the Leafs are willing to more their 1st round pick.

Please don't.

I don't think anyone reported they wouldn't move it, it just needs to be in the right deal. I'd be shocked if it was dealt for a pending UFA, at least one that isn't signed pretty much as soon as acquired.

I don't see the issue if it brings in a player (or two) that can be here long-term.

Reactions: Sypher04

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
They'd be getting Liljegren and Timmins in the deal, their LD would be problematic though but that's kind of unavoidable.

X-Andersson
X-Liljegren
X-Timmins

Hanifin and Kylington are UFA

Yan Kuznetsov is at least 1, maybe 2 years off from being a real guy for them.
Liljegren and Timmins don't move the needle for me. Bottom pair dmen at best for me. Rather keep Weager.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
It's as if he is just guessing at this point. They will, they won't, they will, they won't.

Doing God's work Elliotte

I mean I don't see how they can say they aren't willing. The window for this core is now - you might as well put whatever you can on the table if it makes sense. Really glad they held Knies but I do expect we will be without one (or more) of Cowan, Easton, and our 1st post TDL this year.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Liljegren and Timmins don't move the needle for me. Bottom pair dmen at best for me. Rather keep Weager.

Their recent trade history says they're trying to think a bit of right now but Liljegren likely fits more in their timeline right now, the 1st helps too.

I'm fully expecting something stupid like Tanev though lol.

Reactions: ToneDog
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad