Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Treliving will focus on lower level targets i think. I really dont think we end up paying premium assets for premium players. Probably isnt the season for that.

I can see trades for Matt Dumba (Connor Timmins + low pick back?) and guys like Bruandan Duhaime/Connor Dewar type of deals

Should we have any interest in Kevin Hayes @50% retained?

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Thats crazy Monahan got a 1st.

Briere will def want a 1st for Lauhgton considering he's not a rental. Should we still have interest?
Ideally, are we looking to move Domi into the top 6 as a winger (he hasn't played well in that role) or trade him, in order to get a solid 3C? If so, can Laughton fill that role? Is he good in his own end?

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Treliving will focus on lower level targets i think. I really dont think we end up paying premium assets for premium players. Probably isnt the season for that.

I can see trades for Matt Dumba (Connor Timmins + low pick back?) and guys like Bruandan Duhaime/Connor Dewar type of deals

Ah Dumba was who I was thinking of from my last post. Dumba can really move the puck, RHD, cheap aav, can lower the boom unlike any of the guys on our right side. And they wanted him during the off-season.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019
Marner for Peeke and Comtois.

Every Leafs fan gets something they want.
I really hope we move Marner this summer, if only for cap relief.

There is almost zero chance they sell. Either stand pat or add.
And if they add, I hope it's nothing major. Too many holes to fill. Wait until the summer to do something bold, based on how well they do in the playoffs.

Captain Crunch

Mar 31, 2019

Hasn't that ship sailed?

Ah Dumba was who I was thinking of from my last post. Dumba can really move the puck, RHD, cheap aav, can lower the boom unlike any of the guys on our right side. And they wanted him during the off-season.
What do you think would be the cost?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Hasn't that ship sailed?
Not sure. Someone on the main board said he might be one of the centers available for the right price and salary retained.

Ill be honest though, I don't know how his performance has been this season. Going off history, he seems like a Treliving type of player.

But again, who knows

Reactions: Captain Crunch

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Not to mention he’s very slow skater

Not to mention he’s very slow skater
Friedman keeps saying Trelving wants Tanev so I dont think us saying we dont want him is gonna do anything.

At this point It sounds like another team overpaying for Tanev is our only hope of us not getting tanev. Giving up a 1st for Tanev doesnt do anything for me

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Friedman keeps saying Trelving wants Tanev so I dont think us saying we dont want him is gonna do anything.

At this point It sounds like another team overpaying for Tanev is our only hope of us not getting tanev. Giving up a 1st for Tanev doesnt do anything for me
Didn't Friedman also say Brad wanted Ristolainen? What on earth happened there?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Aren't the Blues in the playoff chase? I can't see them doing that.
Rumours of them being frustrated with Parayko's game this year. I would put it more on his LD not helping him out though.

If he can retool on the fly, I think he'd entertain it. May even keep Brodie and hope Niemela can slot in next year.

Armstrong has never been afraid to make moves if he feels the team needs it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Count me in the group that has zero interest in paying a 1st for Tanev.

Dude is extremely injury prone and is one block shot away from hitting the IR

The idea that the Leafs need to pay a first because they don’t have a second for Tanev is intellectually pure fear mongering from the media…

If they love Tanev that much they could always try to engineer a 3-way to get 2nd over to Calgary and other assets to a trade partner.

The answer isn’t to pay retail plus.

Reactions: Pinto

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Could definitely see a “buy / sell” deadline for us.

Similar to last year getting the bruins 1st.

Liljgren + 1st (tor) = out
Dman or C + 1st (late) = In

The feel good not losing a 1st , and “upgrading”. Keep the spin cycle going, give a little shot of optimism for us - but likely fail.

Once

Stop ******* crying bro
Jul 16, 2010
Hasn't that ship sailed?

What do you think would be the cost?

He has 5 points in 44 games and is a rental. Not known for his defensive acumen but is better than Klingberg. Definitely not a 1st rounder. Maybe a third, fourth and prospect? Wouldn’t do more than that. Also depends on plenty of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad