Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I like Reaves to Chicago. They can use an enforcer for Bedard and they are tanking anyway why not play the worst winger in the league.

I think we need to hold on to Kampf and his faceoff prowess. In the playoffs it will be invaluable. I get the trying to free up cap though but Kampf doesn't make enough to warrant ditching him for a pick. We already have Domi taking draws if Tavares get an injury we are toast up the middle.

The rest seem kind of random.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Leafland
I like Reaves to Chicago. They can use an enforcer for Bedard and they are tanking anyway why not play the worst winger in the league.

I think we need to hold on to Kampf and his faceoff prowess. In the playoffs it will be invaluable. I get the trying to free up cap though but Kampf doesn't make enough to warrant ditching him for a pick. We already have Domi taking draws if Tavares get an injury we are toast up the middle.

Kampf at 2.4 on the fourth line is unacceptable
He is not good enough offensively for 3rd line
He is redundant on our team and we can sign/trade for fourth line crash and bang center

Reactions: leafsfan5 and OVO16

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
5th CAL 2024, 5th CHI 2025 and Reaves for FC with Chicago

7th OTT 2024 and Kampf to NSH for EDM 4th 2024

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
We have too many holes to fill at TDL.

Our team is just not a good team.
Starts with Keefe not utilizing the players like spread the big 4 on 3 lines to try to spread the scoring.
Or Keefe not having structure with team defense.
Then players need to buy in, play hard and be accountable. Look at McD and Drai, they are back checking hard and making it difficult for the other teams. How many teams do we see our top guys just gave up on plays or gave a half a*s efforts.
Our top guys need to be better and carry the team on their shoulders like Sammy or Jones or Woll when the team just sucks.
Our defense needs to just keep it simple instead of overthinking zone exit all the time.
Forwards need to win more board battles and lay their bodies for the team.
Agreed, team has too many holes to fill at the deadline. System is a issue, depth scoring is a issue, d-core is a issue. Next year is also going to be rough one as well trying to upgrade everything as currently this what the roster looks like.

ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES
Tooltip
BONUSESCAP SPACE
13$87,700,000$65,594,667$0$0$22,105,333

Prorated Cap Hit

Roster​

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Toronto Maple Leafs

Waivers Exempt
Knies, Matthew
$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Toronto Maple Leafs

Matthews, Auston
$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
Toronto Maple Leafs

Marner, Mitchell
$10,903,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 1
LW2
Toronto Maple Leafs

Tavares, John
$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Toronto Maple Leafs

Nylander, William
$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
LW3
Toronto Maple Leafs

Kämpf, David
$2,400,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Toronto Maple Leafs

Järnkrok, Calle
$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
LW4
Toronto Maple Leafs

Waivers Exempt
Holmberg, Pontus
$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
Toronto Maple Leafs

Reaves, Ryan
$1,350,000

Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Toronto Maple Leafs

Rielly, Morgan
$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Toronto Maple Leafs

Timmins, Conor
$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 1
Toronto Maple Leafs

Woll, Joseph
$766,667
G
RFA - 1
Toronto Maple Leafs

McCabe, Jake
$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
RD2G2
LD3RD3G3

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
The Leafs didn’t want Ruzicka trust me. He might go on a 20 game point streak but it’s all smoke and mirrors. The guy has zero desire he doesn’t even try. He is eventually going to be pushed out of the league and end up in Europe where he can float around and make plays
Sounds like he’d fit in nicely in Toronto……

• Haha
Reactions: Captain Crunch

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
5th CAL 2024, 5th CHI 2025 and Reaves for FC with Chicago

7th OTT 2024 and Kampf to NSH for EDM 4th 2024

No matter what it takes I think we need to get rid of Kampf, Timmins and Reeves

I'm also willing to move Liljegen and Robertson if they want to much money or we can put them in a deal for an upgrade
Reluctantly

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

Kampf is only 51 percent on the draw this year, same last. Domi is actually better this year. It's a bit of a myth his face off prowess, he's good not great. We act like he's money on key draws, he's the worst center, that's JT.

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Kampf is only 51 percent on the draw this year, same last. Domi is actually better this year. It's a bit of a myth his face off prowess, he's good not great. We act like he's money on key draws, he's the worst center, that's JT.

Yeah just checked up the numbers and I kind of agree with you. I thought Kampf's numbers were elite like 55% plus but he's never had a year like that. That being said Kampf's career numbers are 3 points better than Domi's. 51.5 to 48.5 roughly.

I dunno I just prefer Domi on the wing he is kind of clunky and odd looking sometimes. Not an ideal 3rd line checking center. He has some nice passing skills and toughness I'll give him that.

4 goals for 3 million ain't cutting it though. If he bet on himself with that 1 year deal to play his way to a better salary it may have backfired.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Yeah just checked up the numbers and I kind of agree with you. I thought Kampf's numbers were elite like 55% plus but he's never had a year like that. That being said Kampf's career numbers are 3 points better than Domi's. 51.5 to 48.5 roughly.

I dunno I just prefer Domi on the wing he is kind of clunky and odd looking sometimes. Not an idea 3rd line checking center. He has some nice passing skills and toughness I'll give him that.

4 goals for 3 million ain't cutting it though. If he bet on himself with that 1 year deal to play his way to a better salary it may have backfired.
Kampf is for sure a better checker than Domi. It's just, and I used to do this too, we always point to Kampf on the draw to rationalize his otherwise uselessness, when really he's just decent. That said, he's our only PK center really, we need those draws.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
Yeah I'm ok with Kampf as a 4th line foot soldier who can kill penalties and keep it simple. He has a revolving door of linemates so maybe that affects his timing and production. He's paid maybe 500k too much but it's better than having an AHL level center taking draws.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto-
Provorov
Peeke
Jenner

To Columbus-
Brodie
Jarnkrok
Holmberg
Kokkonen
1st Round Pick

Knies-Matthews-Nylander
Robertson-Tavares-Marner
Bertuzzi-Jenner-Domi
Gregor-Kampf-McMann

Rielly- Peeke
Provorov Liljegren
Benoit-McCabe

Last edited:
  • Wow

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

They have Nick Foligno and Tiniordi as their enforcers. Not to mention a bunch of gritty grinders. Thats practically what their team is made of. I see no need for them to take reaves unless we're attaching an asset to get rid of him which I doubt we will do

Columbus is a team I can see potentially being interested in Reaves. They are in more dire need of grit and an enforcer imo

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah I'm ok with Kampf as a 4th line foot soldier who can kill penalties and keep it simple. He has a revolving door of linemates so maybe that affects his timing and production. He's paid maybe 500k too much but it's better than having an AHL level center taking draws.

He's making 2.5M to be extremely bad at his job, I can get that for league minimum

So he's making 1.5M to much and that money could be spent better elsewhere

If you get over league min you better be at least decent at your job and he's not even that

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
They have Nick Foligno and Tiniordi as their enforcers. Not to mention a bunch of gritty grinders. Thats practically what their team is made of. I see no need for them to take reaves unless we're attaching an asset to get rid of him which I doubt we will do

Columbus is a team I can see potentially being interested in Reaves. They are in more dire need of grit and an enforcer imo
Yeah but those are welterweights. Reaves is a legit goon who can dummy someone to send a message. For instance that dman who broke Bedard's jaw isn't going to get jumped and beaten by Foligno. I guess what I really mean is I want Reaves gone asap so he doesn't touch the ice for us again with his 13 goals against 2 goals for type of play.

He's making 2.5M to be extremely bad at his job, I can get that for league minimum

If you get over league min you better be at least decent at your job and he's not even that
He's out playing Tavares in recent weeks and he's dependable on the PK. They invested on him based on his decent play last season and he kind of didn't progress. We have far bigger problems on this team. Bertuzzi is over paid by more than 1.5 million and he can't even kill penalties and has a measly 6 goals.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Yeah but those are welterweights. Reaves is a legit goon who can dummy someone to send a message. For instance that dman who broke Bedard's jaw isn't going to get jumped and beaten by Foligno. I guess what I really mean is I want Reaves gone asap so he doesn't touch the ice for us again with his 13 goals against 2 goals for type of play.

He's out playing Tavares in recent weeks and he's dependable on the PK. They invested on him based on his decent play last season and he kind of didn't progress. We have far bigger problems on this team. Bertuzzi is over paid by more than 1.5 million and he can't even kill penalties and has a measly 6 goals.

There's kids in bantum playing better than Tavares right now, that isn't a standard

Bertuzzi goes away next season, Kampf is around and bad and overpriced for another three, also our PK blows

He has to go, you can use his money plus to go after a good defensive center like Wennberg, that's an improvement

Darcy Tucker

My Name is Bob
Mar 23, 2008
Vaughan, Ontario
I mean I wouldn't be sad if he was traded I just said I don't think it's a good tactical move to just cap dump him right now when it's such a small figure. Kampf could always train hard in the off season and come back better next season. Who knows. He definitely played better last season

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
I mean I wouldn't be sad if he was traded I just said I don't think it's a good tactical move to just cap dump him right now when it's such a small figure. Kampf could always train hard in the off season and come back better next season. Who knows. He definitely played better last season
Kampf is a solid 4th C and admirably filled 3C in the playoffs - think he had top 6 minutes. Great stuff.

But 2.4 is too much for a 4th C as we are currently constructed. Unless things change, or he turns into a solid 3C somehow, it's not a great situation.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
A
No matter what it takes I think we need to get rid of Kampf, Timmins and Reeves

I'm also willing to move Liljegen and Robertson if they want to much money or we can put them in a deal for an upgrade
Reluctantly
As much as we try and will it into existence, I just don't think the deals are there. Tre doesn't strike me as a guy who will make a deal just for making a deal - like Dubus did.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018

If you get over league min you better be at least decent at your job and he's not even that.
Tavares is making 7 mil more than he should. f*** rate off about Kampf. Jesus Christ. What is wrong with this fanbase?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
A

As much as we try and will it into existence, I just don't think the deals are there. Tre doesn't strike me as a guy who will make a deal just for making a deal - like Dubus did.

I do think we can get rid of those guys if were willing to pay to get rid of them, I'd accept that as a job well done

I do think filling one hole now would help our off-season though, get a 3C Or one top 4D means less work in the off-season because there's multiple holes to fill

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Tavares is making 7 mil more than he should. f*** rate off about Kampf. Jesus Christ. What is wrong with this fanbase?

He has a full NTC, if we could get rid of him I would but I'm not a complete moron so I'm doing what is possible to make our cap situation manageable with what I've got

You may just lay down and play dead because Tavares won't **** off but I won't so get bent

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
I do think we can get rid of those guys if were willing to pay to get rid of them, I'd accept that as a job well done

I do think filling one hole now would help our off-season though, get a 3C Or one top 4D means less work in the off-season because there's multiple holes to fill
Dude, and I don't mean to single you out, I'm so sorry, I agree with pretty much everything you say. I love ya.

But Jesus Christ (fellas and lasses) we have an 11 mil 2nd line centre playing at a replacement level.

We have 11 mil in complete dead cap space.

We are letting go the fact the house is on fire, and complaining about the lawn and the garbage bins.

Gat a f***ing grip guys I beg you.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
NHL is so boring compared to other leagues. GM's are so vanilla. No trades ever happen. No juicy rumors. Good god no wonder this league is will never be a main attraction

Gotta wait until trade deadline itself and even then its practically 4th liners getting traded.

Also why tf is the trade deadline so far away. March 8th? seriously?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad