GDT: Game 5: Red Wings at preds 2:00 pm et 10/19/24

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
and the Board goes silent lol... 2-0 vs. Nashville, 0-3 vs. someone else ha
Let's not pretend like Maatta and Gus weren't horrible every time they stepped out onto the ice.

Lyon had a monstrous game and Kasper played really well. Copp actually showed some signs of life but we still did not play very well as a whole.

Also Ed made up for some rough play with a beauty to seal it. Overall I am never upset with a win but I think we as fans are right to be upset about the way Lalonde has coached and some of Steve's roster decisions.

Reactions: lilidk

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
In the post game presser Lalonde said he liked what Kasper being in the lineup does to the lines, that he was comfortable playing him in all situations. He provided a spark.

giphy.gif

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Huge game by Lyon
Yeah, shame we can't play Nashville like 6 times in a season. They seem to bring out the best in our goalies.

I don't know if I posted it on here or if it was hockey talk with co-workers; but I said Stamkos and Tampa would regret his departure. Tampa is good for the moment, Stammer...ehhhhh.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Unsure what is wrong with Nashville to start the year. Didn't seem dangerous moving the puck around with all that talent. Even Josi seemed like he was doing everything on an island by himself. Maybe the influx of big offseason signings has cost them time early on trying to gel the lineup together?

Hopefully we can play like this (and play better too) against actual top teams and actual bottom teams. Need to solidify some of these rosters though. Having young players like Kasper and Johansson rotating in and out as injury fill-ins is not ideal

Both are our two most ready prospects and sometimes you just have to say f*** it and bury a short-term contract vet in the pressbox or the AHL. If you believe in your best young players, call them up and keep them there if they're giving you every reason to

Motte and Gustafsson the two I would be curbing for the foreseeable future. Sometimes I do wonder if Yzerman will continue to vouch for Gustafsson to play just so he can "rack up points" with the big guns and then get shipped off. Need to assess his play immediately and sit him if he continues to get caved in

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
I really miss the moaning and bitching of the last few threads.
Well just like Top Gear on all their adventure episodes and the shitty car lurking in the background waiting for it's chance..... That bitching is right behind us at the moment. One defensive breakdown from showing it's face again

Reactions: norrisnick

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Unsure what is wrong with Nashville to start the year.
Goaltending is their biggest issue. Unlike the Wings, they don't allow a lot of shots. Goalies have been bad. That first Copp goal wouldn't have gone in if Saros had his stick on the ice.

They're stuck with Saros until 2033. If he doesn't get back into form, the team is screwed for a while.

MabusIncarnate

May 20, 2013
Tennessee
Glad I got to be at this one, the Nashville fans are consistently fun and kind to opposing fans. Lot of people wondering who the hell Lyon is and a dude asked me if he's our goalie of the future lol. It didn't help his feelings telling him he's a journeyman in his 30s.

It always surprises me how loud Bridgestone is for regular season Preds games, electric atmosphere and loud fans.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think a few players on the teams still have flulike symptoms. The TOI for some of the players is a bit on the low side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad