Trades and UFA’s - Trade Deadline Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Well then trade or 1st minten Cowen and Grebyonkin if you think we are because thY is what it will take to get 2 dman .

I personally think it is the wrong move .
That's fine, but you have to, at the very least, entertain the idea that none of those guys will be ready in the next two seasons or the more pessimistic angle that they either won't make it or will not meet expectations.

So it's way too premature to have them penciled into any lineup. Also, you'll be able to find guys like Bunting before or Gregor now that will be available for $1m or less and who are more suited to bottom 6 usage rather than sticking Minten with such tasks.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Though that trade cost is likely still cheaper than a top pairing guy
If you trade for somebody on a good deal it makes team building next season much much simpler
I suppose I'm closest to a #1 guy. But not at the higher end, more looking for the guy who is about to break out.

That's probably Peeke or Fabbro types, if you hit thats like winning the lottery
Miss and your in the same boat again next season. Although with more cap space
I’d go 3, trading for a guy like Chychrun would cost a lot more in assets than I’d wanna give up. Watching him close since he came to Ottawa I’ve been pretty underwhelmed, with the exception of his shot. His play in his own end is not good, poor decision making with and without the puck. Not at all the type the Leafs need the most.
That's fair. It's going to be a painful trade

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
That's probably Peeke or Fabbro types, if you hit thats like winning the lottery
Miss and your in the same boat again next season. Although with more cap space
It could be, but neither are the first options I'd go for. I'd be looking younger than them even.

horner

May 22, 2007
That's fine, but you have to, at the very least, entertain the idea that none of those guys will be ready in the next two seasons or the more pessimistic angle that they either won't make it or will not meet expectations.

So it's way too premature to have them penciled into any lineup. Also, you'll be able to find guys like Bunting before or Gregor now that will be available for $1m or less and who are more suited to bottom 6 usage rather than sticking Minten with such tasks.
My only problem with our core except for Rielly they have always had incredible seasons and then come playoffs they do nothing .
I really want them to put the team on there backs and show the same production and killer instinct which they haven't shown yet.

I'd they do that this yr then empty the tank next season but show me you will do anything to win in the playoffs

Marner will ant 12 mil to resign if he dosnt show more in the playoffs then trade him

Can Chychrun actually play defence?

I know he's talented offensively but it's been said for awhile that defensively he's suspect.
Can he PK

Reactions: arso40

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Can Chychrun actually play defence?

I know he's talented offensively but it's been said for awhile that defensively he's suspect.

I don’t think he’s bad defensively, but he doesn’t make you better defensively either. I’d want him with a responsible partner in this hypothetical

horner

May 22, 2007
Just watching the marlie game the centerman are
Gambrell
Shaw
Tverberg the only one that has a shot to make with the big club
Slavin

Sure trade Minten who was garenteed a spot on the wjteam captain as well and just scored 3 assist 2nd star 7/10 fow in his first game back with his junior team
Sounds like a good idea

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Gambrell
Shaw
Slavin

Sure trade Minten who was garenteed a spot on the wjteam captain as well and just scored 3 goal in his first game back with his junior team
Sounds like a good idea
I think you can justify trading him if you get a very good centerman back who's under team control for multiple playoff runs

Minten is a good prospect but he's got bust potential to so getting somebody who will help us right now while the core is in its prime makes some sense

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Gambrell
Shaw
Slavin

Sure trade Minten who was garenteed a spot on the wjteam captain as well and just scored 3 goal in his first game back with his junior team
Sounds like a good idea
Ok, the point is?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Thinking about Eriksson Ek, he would give us three very good lines. Not sure how you make it happen but this looks real good.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Jarnkrok - Eriksson Ek - Nylander
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Holmberg

Rare Jewel

Patience
Jan 11, 2007
Leaf Land
Any names? I like some young guys but that's a tough projection
There are a couple of guys. But the guy who I'm the most intrigued by is Ville Hienola with Winnipeg.

He's already played a handful of games, but for a few reasons like depth and his recent injury, he's fallen a little bit out of favor.

Looking at it from the WPG perspective, their center depth, both at the NHL and prospect level, isn't great, so perhaps Minten could be an attractive player to them, a WHL/western kid as well, FWIW.

Reactions: Kiwi

Joseph Nathan

Feb 11, 2022
Thinking about Eriksson Ek, he would give us three very good lines. Not sure how you make it happen but this looks real good.

Hes not available. That twitter dude is nobody who was called bullshit liar by Minnesota beat writer. Wild aren’t trading ek

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Eriksson Ek - a good add that would unfortunately be a poor fit until there is clarity with the Tavares situation moving forward (a potential next contract and what those parameters might look like?)

Chychrun - a costly add (in trade and for an eventual contract renewal) for what would amount to being a secondary option for offence from the blueline (2nd pairing, PP2) that isn't going to be the defensive conscience of a pairing.

Last edited:

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

Switch holmberg with jarnkrok but I like it

Reactions: TMLAM34

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Eriksson Ek - a good add that would unfortunately be a poor fit until there is clarity with the Tavares situation moving forward (a potential next contract and what those parameters might look like?)

Chychrun - a costly add (in trade and for an eventual contract renewal) for what would amount to being a secondary option for offence from the blueline (2nd pairing, PP2) that isn't going to be the defensive conscience of a pairing.
Ek and Chychrun both work and would be terrific adds, Ek becomes 2C Tavares moves to 2LW ,Chychrun joins Liljegren on 2nd pair and takes over PP1

Knies Matthews Marner
Tavares Ek Nylander
Bertuzzi Domi Jarnkrok
Gregor/Holmberg Kampf Perry/McMann

Reilly Brodie
Chychrun Liljegren
Benoit McCabe

Reactions: Buds17

MarMarSab3

formerly #13 & TML4EVR
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Impossible adds as well can’t afford both and dont have enough to get both
Agreed somewhat, it works for this year if Brodie and Samsonov and Kampf are shipped out, next year might be tough, as for assets we would totally deplete our prospect pool for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad